Sunday, September 15, 2013
…I completed my 25K steps in a day (10.9 miles) goal this month!
In order to achieve this, I set aside the whole day for it.
7:30 AM: Took a brisk walk with my dog for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Took a break and ate my breakfast…also, changed shoes.
10:30 to 11:40: 5 Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone (5 Day Slim Down DVD);
- Sculpt Your Arms – 14 min. mile
- Slim your Legs-14 min. mile
- Trim Your Tummy-14 min. mile
- Speed Walk-12 min. mile
- Classic Walk-14 min. mile
- Cool Down
Took a break, showered and put on flip-flops for a bit. Made lunch.
2:00 to 2:45: Changed shoes and Mowed the lawn
Took another break and spent some time on SparkPeople
Changed to my barn shoes and went to the stable.
3:45 to 5:00: Did my daily stuff with the horses. Walked around the stable property to get my steps in.
By 6:00PM, I got my 25K steps in…and boy was I tired.
Actually, the Leslie workout is what kicked my butt. The morning walk was great. When I compared my walk to how I felt about 6 weeks ago, I was amazed at not only was I not tired, but the increased distance that I had covered in the same amount of time. It is a fantastic feeling to see and feel the improvements over time. Plus having less weight to carry is a big help too.
And the best NSV is that since losing 30 lbs, my hips and knees don’t hurt anymore…even after the 25K steps. The only discomfort was in my ankles and feet (which is why I made a point of changing my shoes throughout the day…it changes my gait and pressure points.)
Due to this, I decided to go back to my post on July 20th to see how I compare from where I was to where I am now… (30 lbs lighter)
HERE IS WHERE I AM NOW:
1) My feet and ankles hurt really bad. Walking is horrible, and therefore, I’ve been limiting it.
WALKING A LOT MORE! EXCEPT FOR THE 25K STEP DAY, THEY BARELY BOTHER ME.
2) Many times my knees hurt. Something pulls or goes out in them and then I have problems walking for days, or even weeks.
NO MORE KNEE PAIN.
3) None of my clothes fit right….I have this huge roll above my jeans, all the way around my body!
OK, STILL HAVE A ROLL ON MY BACK, BUT ITS MUCH SMALLER AND I WENT FROM A SIZE 16W (WOMEN’S) TO A SIZE 18 MISSES!!
4) I’m tired of constantly being tired.
I’M RARELY EVER TIRED…ONLY WHEN I DON’T GET ENOUGH SLEEP BECAUSE I’M ALWAYS ON THE GO!
5) I have excruciating pain in my hips (night and day); it hurts like a bitch getting up off a chair, hard to sleep because they hurt so bad, walking isn’t a pleasure either.
NO MORE PAIN!!! I LOVE WALKING!!!
6) My walk is totally different…talk about waddling, because my thighs are so big.
NO MORE WADDLING!
7) I hate the huge roll I have above my pants and all the way around to my back.
(SAME AS #3)
8) I’m scared to ride my horse because I know that if I fall off, I will be hurt really bad. My own body weight would crush me on the way down.
ONLY 15 LBS TO GO AND I’LL BE RIDING AGAIN!!
9) I can’t ride my horse because 260lbs is the maximum weight that livery stables have set for their horses. Why would I hurt my own horse by putting that kind of load on him.
I’M AT 235 LBS TODAY!
10) My X-Large shirts are tight on me.
I FIT IN A LARGE!
11) I had to buy some 2X clothes in order to get a comfortable fit.
DONATED THEM TO CHARITY!
12) I have a really hard time putting on my left sock…just a real bitch to put my left leg over my thigh and then reach to put the sock on. (Right leg is OK)
FOUND OUT IT’S A FLEXIBILITY ISSUE…HAVE TO WORK ON IT TO STRETCH IT OUT.
13) When I got on the airplane, my seatbelt was at the very end…if I didn’t suck in my stomach, I’d have to ask for the belt extender.
I’M SURE IT WILL FIT NOW
by tracking my nutrition, eating healthier and moving more, I'm getting fitter, healthier and lighter!!!