I lost another pound yesterday. That feels good. I feel good. Life is quiet right now. My DH and I went to a tile store yesterday to look at tile to redo our 3 bathrooms that have been carpeted since we built the house 11 years ago. I am looking forward to getting that done. My DD starts her new job Aug 31st. She is taking next week off for some R&R and to get her girls started on a new school year. I can't believe its that time of year already. Life is quiet and good.
I was down 2 pounds this am! The plateau busting worked AND I found I enjoyed the extra exercising. Wow, what a concept. Exercise can be fun. I am also not as hungry as I used to be when I was eating all the time. I don't know if that's because I am eating more healthful calories (not raising my Blood Sugar as much) or because I am breaking the habit of eating all the time. Either way, I am happy. I thank all my Spark Buddies for their support and suggestions with my plateau busting. Now, just 4 pounds to go till my annual physical on Sep 9.
I am really happy with all the support I received after posting my Plateau blog. I am on the 4th day and have learned some lessons and have some revisions.
1. Jillian Michael's videos are great, BUT I am 62 years old and have had 2 back surgeries including a spinal fusion. I cannot do Jumping jacks and other moves that take both my feet off the ground at the same time. I have had 2 days of back pain after doing that ...SO I am going to revise the moves I can't do and do the exercises to the best of my ability.
2. ok as is
3. Change my strength workouts to 30 minutes instead of 15.
4. Eat between 1400 to 1500 calories a day, not above 1700
5. Remains the same.
I am feeling great and can't wait to weigh in the am.
I would like to lose 6 pounds before my yearly physical exam MD visit on Sep 14th. I have seen the same number on the scale for 2 weeks in a row w/o going over calories and with 30 minutes of exercise a day. So, I have a plan ... my 30 day plateau buster.
1. Try the Jillian Michaels (?) workout on exercise TV ( I did one last night and WOW)
2. Swim on Friday mornings
3. Up my 3 x week strength training
4. Keep to the low end of my daily calories
5. Stay consistent and positive even if the scale doesn't move
One thing that has definitely changed since I started SparkPeople almost 2 months ago is that my basic activity level has improved. On strength days I do my strength workout (which I HATE) as soon as I get up - I probably would "forget to do it" otherwise ...lol) When I am sitting at the computer or watching TV, I now get up and walk around the house - doing little chores like picking up or dusting, etc. instead of just sitting. When I am at work, I don't email people to ask a question as much, I get up and to to their area. When I have to go to the other building, I walk the most circuitous route I can and 2 x a day I walk around both buildings as quickly as I can (usually takes around 15 minutes). I have even told my supervisor what I am doing and have her approval. I use the time in lieu of the 15 minute break we all get 2 x day. When I get home, I get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and have just started doing a little bit of interval training on the treadmill to increase the activity level. I can say with enthusiasm "I am no longer a couch potato!)