Thursday, March 19, 2009
Out of all of the wonderful SP Teams that I am a member of, I'm also a member of the DONE Girls Team. A team of very enthusiastic, eager and energetic Sparkers. As exciting as this team is for whatever reasons I have not been historically active on that team....that was until I received a SP Mail about a DONE Girls spin-off team, the Spring Into Summer Challenge team.
Thus far, I have been totally impressed with the thoroughness and organization of the Team Leaders. Then the icing on the sugar-free, calorie-free cake came when we were divided into mini-Teams and I became a BAHAMA MAMA! Talk about enthusiasm, eagerness and energy...WOO! Our team thread is already super active with posts, support and information YET the challenge doesn't officially begin until tomorrow (3/20).
Well, today we received our first task--to take our pictures and measurements. Now as a part of my self-issued BACK to BASICS challenge as well as the Lenten Challenge that I'm doing with my church, I am not planning to post new pictures of myself until Easter Sunday...but I still took the BAHAMA MAMA picture today as instructed...and WOW was I shocked. I can clearly see what a difference the 19.1 lbs. that I've lost since 2/22 have made. I also took my measurements...and WOW again. I've lost a total of ELEVEN inches since 2/22!!!
At this rate, I may be RED DRESS ready by Summer instead of the Fall!!!
Anyway, listed below are my starting measurements, the number in parentheses is the number of inches I've lost since 2/22...YAY ME!!!
Breast: 41" (-2.0)
Upper Waist: 45" (did not capture in Back to Basics measurement, but based on the difference I saw in my picture, I wish I had!!!)
Regular Waist: 43" (-3.5)
Hips: 48" (-1.0)
Left/Right Arm: 17" (Not sure if this will ever change)
Left Thigh: 29.5" (-2.0)
Right Thigh: 29.5" (-2.0)
Neck: 13" (0.5")
ALRIGHT FELLOW BAHAMA MAMAS...I'M READY TO SPRING INTO SUMMER...LET'S DO THIS!!!!
I want to be a good team player, here are my starting photos...
Monday, March 16, 2009
I am absolutely ecstatic about the positive results I have been seeing in the mirror, on the scale, in my clothes and on my ticker. Plus, I'm less than 24 lbs. away from my goal YAY!!!!
With each day, I'm becoming more focused and dedicated to my BACK to BASICS plan.
I am so looking forward to this Fall when I hit my weight loss goal that is when I will initiate Plan B of Operation "Seeing RED again!". Plan B entails meeting with my seamstress and have her to start working on THE dress so that I can wear it to an event that I'm prayerfully planning to attend in October.
WATCH OUT RED DRESS HERE I COME!!!
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Today after work I was scheduled to meet with the Assistant Pastor at my church, although I was a little anxious I was simultaneously looking forward to our discussion.
At the conclusion of the meeting, I was left disheartened.; NEVERTHELESS, that meeting along with a conversation that I had with my Mama (DDROSE) and a good friend (LOVABLELULU) reminded me of a Divine Confirmation that I received about seven years ago:
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
So although the meeting appeared disastrous, when I got home in the inbox of my personal email account was a message of confirmation (NOT from the Asst. Pastor but from a complete stranger) that gave me great HOPE...
TRUST ME...more details will be forthcoming!!!
In the meanwhile, all I can say is "GOD is good ALL the time and ALL the time GOD is GOOD!!!
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Let me start this blog by stressing the importance of balance.
NOTE: This past week, I have not done anything that would deliberately compromise my health. Like I said in my last blog, my goal is about becoming the HEALTHIEST ME THAT I CAN BE. Which for me that means being healthy physically and spiritually.
With that being said....
This morning's weigh-in registered 16 pounds lost since last Sunday...yes that's a ONE and a SIX next to each other! I also measured my waist and I've lost 3.5 inches since last Sunday as well.
And to think, I was just hoping and praying to lose three or four pounds...maybe five at the most since you could clearly see that I was retaining fluids. My face and hands were "fluffy." Otherwise, I usually don't expect to lose more than two pounds within a week.
But MINUS SIXTEEN POUNDS I couldn't believe it!!! I know I must have stepped on and off the scale at least sixteen times this morning (LOL).
And what really floored me is the fact that again I HAVE NOT done anything extreme or unhealthy...I am just completely and utterly blown away! So what in the world did I do this past week to lose 16 whole pounds and 3.5 inches in my waist???
It's simple, I went BACK TO THE BASICS:
1. In the mornings, before my feet would touch the floor, I sincerely prayed and asked God to help me get through my nutrition and fitness plans for the day without succumbing to any KRYPTONITE temptations. Then at the end of the day, I would give thanks to God for his faithfulness and sustaining power.
2. I used the Core Rhythms 7-Day Diet Plan as a guide for meal planning and I would track every meal and snack into my SP Nutrition Tracker. I cooked more and CLOSELY watched my calories, fat, protein, fiber and especially my sodium consumption.
3. I averaged about 9 Cups of Water a day and I started drinking coffee more regularly (a recommendation from the CR plan)...and I don't know what it is about coffee, but it helped to cure my KRYPTONITE cravings.
4. Believe it or not, I DID NOT do any of my over the top "cardio marathons of old" (last week's fitness tracker is my witness). I even had two rest days and my workouts ranged from 30 to 40 mins a session.
5. I created a community journal on the message boards and used it to celebrate my daily small accomplishments.
6. I reached out to fellow Sparkers, Friends and Family to both give and receive motivation and encouragement.
7. AND last but not least, I continued to encourage myself and do more positive self-talk based on the promises that are in God's Word.
217 Pounds....here I come!!!
"Now glory be to GOD! By HIS mighty power at work within us, HE is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May HE be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen. " Ephesians 3:20-21 NLT
AIN'T GOD GOOD!!! (this is indeed a declaration NOT a question!!!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time D710DANCE Posts