Monday, December 05, 2011
Well I can't say the weight loss thing has been going well. I have been eating everything in sight and not tracking hence the +4.1lbs this week over last...yikes. However, on the upside of things which is much more fun to look at, I am starting to do things I really enjoy doing again.
Last week I:
Went shopping with my mom and a good friend. (I really enjoy just window shopping too).
Did some baking (which is DANGEROUS! but it's for Christmas)
Read a book, oh how I love to read.
Built a snowman in my front yard, just for fun.
Collected old Christmas photos for a decorating project I am starting.
Did some colouring (I know weird but I really like doing it)
Played Mario Kart with my hubby.
You see I am having some fun which is not something I can claim I had been doing up until now. And to be honest I am more productive because I am giving myself some time for fun. Now I just need to find the balance, find the fun, the productiveness and the take care of myself and make it all happen at once! I can do it! This girl is under construction, things may get a little messy at times but it will all be worth it in the end.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?: Don't think so.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?: Sunday, talking with my mom...lol...I cry alot.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?: Sometimes.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?: none, don't really like lunch meat
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?: no
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?: definitely
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?: Not really
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?: Nope
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?: not a chance, why would you jump out of a perfectly good plane.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?: At the moment, Chocolate Cheerios!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?: No
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?: not really
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?: Turtles
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?: Their eyes.
15. RED OR PINK?: Pink
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?: I am so messy
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?: My Mom and Dad.
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?: Fall love the colours
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?: I'm wearing pink slippers does that count?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?: Grill Cheese
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?: The fire crackling
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?: Pink
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?: Clean laundry off the line, vanilla, camp fire
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?: My husband
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?: Beach House!!!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?: Figure Skating
27. HAIR COLOR?: Brown
28. EYE COLOR?: Blue
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?: No
30. FAVORITE FOOD?: Pizza
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?: Happy endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?: The Nanny Diaries
33. What color shirt are you wearing?: Black, grey and white
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?: Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES?: Hugs
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?: Chocolate anything
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?: Computer
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?: Hunger
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?: don't have one
42. FAVORITE SOUND?: Babies laughing
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?: Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?: Cuba was far away
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?: ........not really
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?: Timmins, ON
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?: Corbeil, ON
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?: Green (yuck!)
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?: Silver
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?: sure
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Ok so todays proves that once again my biggest problem is failure to PLAN!!! My wonderful husband offered to bring me a sub for lunch, I said sure that would be great except I didn't do few things. 1 - I didn't tell him to bring me something healthy. 2- I didn't tell him to bring me a 6 inch. 3 - I ate the entire meatball sub he brought me.
Seriously, I need to just be an adult about this all. I need to tell him to bring me something healhty and he will. And if I don't I need to use self control and eat a smaller portion! Sheesh. Now I am heading to my monther in laws for dinner where I will have 0 control over the menu.....ugh....to help compensate...I am going to go do some cardio right now. Either 30 Day Shred or Tae Boe not sure which yet.
Oh well, one thing at a time!
Saturday, November 19, 2011
This blog is part of the motivate challenge that I am taking part in. The question this week is:
What brought you to motivate, to spark? Why are you ready to take on your weight loss goals now? And if you have been struggling, what is getting in your way?
I joined this challenge to help keep me accountable. I know that when I am working towards a goal with people I always seem to do better. I am ready to take on my weight loss because I am taking the steps to get healthy physically (exercising and healthy eating) as well as emotionally(seeing a therapist). For a long time the emotional side has really been in control and greatly influenced my weight. I know that my working through some of the 'baggage' that I will come out on the other side of the challenge healthier and happier!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Seems like a simple questions right....What do you, Crystal, like to do for fun? After an 45 minute session with my counselor this is the question that stumped me. I mean I do lots of things because I should, or because they need to be done but what exactly do I do for me that is fun.........
I am not sure. I need to figure that out. But first let me take a step back.
I went for my first counseling session today. It went well, I felt a little odd at first but really who wouldn't feel odd talking to a stranger about things that are really personal. The guy I am seeing, Terry, is really nice. Had some good insight to offer based on what I said. I really believe this is going to be a really important part of me feeling better about myself and working through a lot of the issues I carry around. Today we talked about my family, work, friends just touched on a bunch of stuff. In the end, he thinks that I worry so much about how others define me that somewhere I forgot who I truly was. I think he's right. So for until I see him next week, I am suppose to try and carve out a little time for fun each day. Find things that I enjoy. Start there.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CRYSTALLEAH Posts