Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Okay - So I have challenged the Over 200 but not for Long Team to set specific goals for where they want to be next year at this time and how they are going to get there. So, I am following my advice to make some very specific goals and predictions. (If you want to see the e-mails - look at the bottom of this blog)
1. GOAL: I am going to set my goal for 165 pounds by Cinco De Mayo 2014. Honestly I would like to stretch that to 150 pounds. But I am going to be very realistic and I would still be thrilled to be 165 by then, so that is the goal 165 by 5-5-2014.
*I want to feel less pain. Pain in my back, by hips, my knees and feet is bad. I am hoping the weight will help.
*I want to have more energy to play with my daughter. I don't want to feel tired all the time.
*I want to look better. I am tired of being disgusted when I see pictures of myself.
*I want to have my quality of life back. I want to feel myself.
I am the only person responsible for me. I can not blame anyone else, my past, my stuggles, my childhood, my family, McDonalds or anyone for my size and my weight. I will stop making excuses and start making changes. Excuses will not fix this.
Now. It can not wait another day, another hour or another minute. I must start today and I must recommit to this every day. I can't lose another minute that I can't get back without making the changes I should have made years ago.
* I will eat right. I will increase my vegetable intake and decrease my fat/sugar intake. I will dring 8+ glasses of water every day. I will choose lean proteins and vegetables for my meals and that will keep me from getting hungry. I will LOG EVERY CALORIE so that there is no misunderstanding or forgotten snacks. If I am documenting what I am eating and can not lie to myself about it and I can celebrate all of the good choices I am making to get to my goals.
* I will excersice (Cardio) 3 times per week for at least 45 minutes each time.
* I will excercise (Strength)1-2 times per week for at least 35 minutes each time.
* I will continue to log my fitness, strength and food every day.
* I will continue to blog and stay connected thru Sparkpeople. It is an excellent tool and it is working for me so I will continue to use it to ensure my success.
EMAILS: (Feel free to join our team...OVER 200...BUT NOT FOR LONG too! We'll be glad to have you!)
E=mail #2 - Follow Up
Well, you've had a little time to think about yesterday's e-mail...now it's time to act. Put it on paper! I have added this to the team Blog page so Stop by and comment on this! Share your ambition, your motivation and your goals with everyone. DON'T FORGET - YOU HAVE TO HAVE SPECIFIC ACTIONS DEFINED TO GET TO YOUR GOAL! not "i'll work out more" but "I'll work out 4 days a week for at least 35 minutes" SPECIFIC and then JUST DO IT!
You can't GO without a GOal. Where do you see yourself in a year? What do you have to do to get there. Now STOP. If it's not on paper already....put it on paper. Write it down. Write down your goal, your motivation AND the actions you must take to get there.
You can do this. It's spring, it's a time of renewal and rebirth. REmotivate yourself and let's get where we're going!
You can unsubscribe to Team SparkMails by going to www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g