Tuesday, January 08, 2013
My awesome new dress -- Thank you Fashion Bug clearance!!
I just wish I was better at photographing myself -- looks like I need some pointers from my friend's teenagers!
Monday, January 07, 2013
I was working with my trainer today and we were doing some great things. First we did assisted pull ups, and a few other weight machines, but then, she got out the tire! I love using the tire. So the workout circuit was...
Flip the tire the length of the gym (appx 15 flips)
Run a lap
Hold a plank for 30 seconds
Run up and down the stairs twice
Run a lap
I made it through the first circuit and at the very end my hip just... gave out? I am pretty sure it popped out of place. I had the feeling like when you roll an ankle, only it was my hip. I got a sharp pain down my leg, and after I finished the lap, I went down to my knees. It took a few mins for me to be able to put weight back on it. Then after that we decided to keep doing the same circuit, but we toned it down a little bit since we didn't think risking an injury would be a good idea.
That, and my chest and breathing... not sure what was going on there, but it felt like it was on fire. It was almost painful to breathe. I think the more I work at it the better I will be. I am still really out of shape, but almost in the best shape of my life... pretty sad, but pretty awesome at the same time!
I weighed in at 149.0 pounds yesterday! That means I am only 9 pounds away from my goal weight. After I reach goal, I would like to get 5 pounds below it to play around with maintenance since I am not sure where I am going to need to be calorie wise.
I think that is all for now!
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
I have hated sauerkraut my entire life. I have always thought it was nasty...
While I was in the shower on New Year's Eve, I all of a sudden developed a craving for it.
Sauerkraut is one of my new favorite foods. I am now in love with it. I now know what I was missing all of those years. That stuff is amazing and soo low in calories! Yumm!!
Support group was good tonight. We had a local Yoga teacher come in and talk to our group and also go over some great relaxation and stretching exercises with us. I have been thinking about taking Yoga, but I am still not sure. The only time I am able to in on Monday (at my gym and the wellness center) but I also have Personal Training on Monday. I am not sure if I can do both. I will have to consult with Olivia, my trainer.
I went to the gym today before group. I am pretty proud of myself. I accomplished 2 things.
1. After my warm up on the ARC Trainer, I went over to the free weights section where all of the boys were lifting, and joined right in. I claimed a bench and some dumbbells and did my thing. I did several arm exercises, and was overall pleased with my workout.
2. After my ST, I went to the treadmill and did intervals. The biggest thrill is I was able to run, as in maintain a speed of 5/mph, for 0.25 miles. Yes! I ran for 1/4 of a mile without stopping!!! I don't think I have been able to run that far since I was 12!
All in all... it was an awesome day!!
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Ahhh, yes... The dreaded New Year's Resolutions. Every year I make them, every year I break them (usually within the first day) so, what is the point?
The point is, I think goal setting is important! So, here we go....
1. Meet my goal weight of 140 pounds (then get 5 pounds below that to give myself a little cushion so I can find what will work for me on maintenance) I am 11 pounds away, so I should be able to make this one happen. (this resolution also covers the eating healthy part)
2. Clean up the potty mouth. Most people on Spark don't know it, but I curse worse than a drunken sailor on shore leave. F is every other word... ask my co-workers!
3. www.mudonthemountain.com/ I want to be ready for this race in May! (this also includes the regular workout goal - can't be ready for a race like this without working out)
4. Continue to take my contacts out on a semi regular basis.
5. Make my new budget work. By making my new budget work, I should have a pretty good chunk of money in savings.
That is about all I can think of.
I think all of this stuff is pretty doable, with the exception of #2. That is where I am going to struggle the most.
Anyway, I wish all of my Spark Friends a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013!!
Monday, December 31, 2012
I have been shopping lately for some new clothes, and I realize I miss Lane Bryant. First, don't get me wrong. I am very happy and excited to be buying clothes I never thought I would ever be able to wear in my adult life!
What I have noticed however, is that most of these stylish clothes are poor quality. I have yet to find any "skinny" clothes that match the quality of Lane Bryant.
I am very thrilled that I am wearing these clothes, just wish the money matched the quality.
Only 11 more pounds until I am at goal. I would like to get 5 pounds below goal to give myself some wiggle room.
Oh, and I made Chef Meg's Buffalo Chicken Soup
My advice is... don't make it. HORRIBLE!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CORTNEY-LEE Posts