Friday, April 04, 2014
Here we are the last week of BLC24, I didn't do as well as I wanted, because of several health issues, and needing a shoulder replacement. I lost some weight, did all the challenges to the best of my ability, I had a firm resolve, No excuses, just do what you can. I am proud that I didn't give up, I worked through the pain, and just did what my body would allow at this time.
The thing is to not give up, every small thing you do for your body is a good thing, working toward a bigger goal.Sometimes you just want to say, "ah the heck with it" and just throw in the towel, we have all been there I am sure. I have learned from Spark, we don't need to be a powerhouse, we can all manage a healthy diet, a bit of exercise each day and drink our water, it's not Rocket Science, just participate everyday, do a few things for you, your body will love you for it!
I signed up again for BLC25..so here we go again..hopefully a few more lbs, I am getting closer to my smaller goal of onderland by Sept 2014!
Above all enjoy your journey, make it fun, and not a chore that has to be done, these habits take a while, but work at them and you will find they become a part of your everyday life!
I really enjoyed my team Crimson Butterflies, a great bunch of gals, everyone so supportive, sad to say the team has disbanded; so will try another team for the next challenge! Good luck to all those rejoining for BLC25..remember
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
I sit sometimes and realize what a lucky person I am to have such a wonderful life, and I am so grateful for all that has been given to me!
1. A wonderful family who is there for me, in the bad times as well as the good.
2: My Husband, who is the love of my life, and does everything he can to show that love everyday!
3: To have a lot of wonderful friends to enjoy, and have fun with.
4: To be reasonably healthy, and still have the "spunk" to try for better health.
5: To live comfortably, have a nice home, eat very well.
6: To have health care, and Doctors to help me with the transition into those "Golden years"
7: To have so many places available for this journey..pools to swim in, Gyms to exercise, grocers to buy fresh produce, and lean meats and fish, programs to help with weight management.
8: I am thankful for nature..flowers, trees, lakes and oceans, all the little critters that make up this earth.
9: Of course I am grateful to Spark for all the good they do for so many, I'm grateful to my Spark friends, they are always there to help keep me going on this sometimes difficult but great journey for health!
10: Of course last but not least I am grateful for me, being here to just take in, and enjoy all the wonders around us!
Thursday, February 13, 2014
This is a difficult letter to write, I am usually so critical of myself, this is a new twist, and one I think I will enjoy, Positive affirmations instead of negative!
I like the fact that I'm a strong but also vulnerable person, I can be very stubborn at times, but then easily swayed for a good cause.
I am a woman of my word, like to follow through on promises made. I have a compassionate heart, like to help people that are in need of some support.
I am a faithful Mother, Wife, Grandmother,Sister, Aunt, and Friend, love my family very much, and I am there for them .I am a good listener, give advice only if it's asked for.
I have a good sense of humor, love to have a great laugh, been known to pull a few jokes on people! (All in fun)
My Bosses told me I had a great work ethic, always did more than what was expected! I earned my paycheck lol!
I used to get down on myself for letting things go so far, overweight, and many health issues, but I feel good that this is turning around, I am working toward some goals that hopefully will make my life easier, I feel good that I am making the effort everyday, and realize I am so worth this journey!
I take pride in my appearance, like to dress nicely, have a little thing about my hair, like it to look good at all times.
I love how I believe that if you reach for the moon you’ll land among the stars. I aim high everyday. I think that’s pretty awesome. I'm liking how I'm growing every year, being more tolerant of any of my short-comings, quick to give myself praise when I've earned it.
All in all I have made my share of mistakes, but on a whole, I am pretty happy with the person I have become!
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Well the first week into BLC24 and I feel like I really put in a great week, ate very healthy, no sweets for the week, and did all my exercises, and drank plenty of water! I started drinking herbal teas and really like them!
There seems to be a big swing in how I'm feeling this round, the first BLC I was in a turmoil, seemed like I was frenzied to get everything done, was exhausted and sore from the exercise, tried to keep the pace everyday! Struggled to keep up, but this round I seem more in control, planning meals and exercise for the day, logging everything, have a very positive attitude! I'm posting 2-3 times a day! One big thing I learned from this team is that we only do what we can manage, I was trying to push above and beyond, and almost burned myself out!
Now I do what my body can manage not all of us are on even ground, some of us have many health issues to deal with so have to pace ourselves accordingly! Participation not perfection!
I learned to pace my day, exercise 15 minutes at a time, modify if I have to (and I usually do lol)
Prepping for meals, and planning them has helped a lot, I find you don't pick, just eat what has been laid out for the day! I keep fruit and cut up veggies in the fridge for those "nibble" times.
I am so happy with the progress I am making with BLC, it is changing my way of thinking for sure..took me a few rounds but hey I am finally getting things right!
I would like to thank my friends for all the support and encouragement you are giving me, it surely has kept me in the game, many times I would feel like throwing in the towel, but you gals have kept me going, and I am so glad you did! Thank You!!
Monday, January 20, 2014
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don't Medicate, Hydrate!
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains - Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Save Money! - Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!
Get An Email Alert Each Time COOLMAMA11 Posts