Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Without stepping foot in the gym. I went to work this morning and my boss has been out of town for 5 days at a art show. So we had to unload his SUV and a Uhaul full of books. 5 hrs of on and off carrying 30 lb boxes down stairs. I timed when I actually was carrying stuff continuesly and it was about an hr and 45 minutes. Which came out to over 800 calories. Then I got home and Scott and I rode out bikes to the bike store so I could get a new mirror. My bike fell and my mirror fell off. The ride was over 300 calories and then I mowed the lawn for 330 calories. It was a good day!
My dad had his liver biopsy today which he has been dreading. It went a lot easier then he thought yay! Plus it's my mom's birthday today and the whole biospsy has been been a downer for her birthday. I am happy it's all over and now we just wait for results.
I have still yet to write a blog about the half marathon. I have not run with large groups of people before. It was different then what I am used to. Everyone has their own thing going on and you start passing ppl like they standing still. All the sudden your like, crap I got 12 miles left! I gotta pace myself and stop getting exciting ppl are slow. Probably should have attempted a 5k huh lol It seems like with 5k's though right when u get your running stride the whole thing is over! I like with a half marathon it takes 4 months to get ready. It's nice having something big in the future to work toward. I need to find something else upcoming. I am thinking of looking into a smaller triathlon. I donno just a thought for the future. Since I bike, run and attempt to swim lol Anyway back to the half marathon. Distance running is crazy! You can not judge a person by looking at them when it comes to distance running, No Sir! I started out with a woman in her 50's and she smoked past me when we got started. I got passed by ppl who walked the whole half marathon. Oh well I set out to finish it and get my metal and I did lol I started walking with this woman around mile 6 and once u start walking its hard to run again. Plus we started at 7:30 am and it was 65 degrees already. I saw like 4 ppl on stretchers. Last yr we only saw 1 person on a stretcher and it started out at 39 degrees. Anyway this girl i was walking with had lost 70 lbs. Around mile 10 I had to leave her and keep going by myself, she kept getting stomach aches everytime she took water. I loved the volunteers, they were great! There was this preppy hs girl giving out water and she looked at me and goes "YOU IN THE PINK, YOU LOOK GREAT, YOU KEEP GOING!!!" They were so helpful to keep us motivated even tho our legs were jelly lol I really wanted to run and I just couldnt after mile 10. Which sucks cuz I trained and ran a 10 in the past and it was great. But that humidity just kills your energy so fast. Plus we had been up since 4:45 am and it was 11 am and we had pretty much been on our feet since 6. I had to walk the last 2 mile and save my energy to run into the football field LOL I had no idea that running could stress the body into spotting, very interesting. Oh and I invested in 25 dollar capris with a pocket to hold toilet paper. I gave the porti potty an attempt and I soon came out feeling worse. They are not worth it when 9000 ppl are using the same ones constantly. So back to the finish line, I got done and I couldnt find my mom. I was looking all over and I stopped for a sec and thought, wait I had a dream about this, she's in the middle, where I had not looked at all. Sure enough there she was. Scott's mom had been with my mom all morning waiting for me come in lol I finished a lot later then I thought because of the heat. Oh well I would rather walk out then be rolled out lol I have no health insurance and that would suck! 3 hrs and 20 minutes is fine with me. Scott's brother Brett drove to see us also. All and all it was really fun and I can't wait for next yr! 2517 calories burned that day.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
I was thinking of stuff in my life I have had to change. Yesterday I reached my 110 lb mark. I bet I could think of 110 ways I have changed. I got the day off why not lol This should be random.
1) I have grown to love salads
2) I learned that eating a half sandwich and soup will fill me up
3) Buffets are annoying because then you gotta fast for the rest of the day
4) Exercise is a great way to spend time with friends
5) Trainers at golds gym must have highlights or massive legs.
6) People change their lives to being healthy when they are ready and you can't push them to.
7) Eggplant should be offered in asian food at more restaurants.
8) Losing weight can go to peoples heads very easily
9) The best kind of exercise is the kind you enjoy
10) Egg beaters can make your breakfast feel uber special!
11) I have learned I am different from my parents and thats a good thing.
12) Tea is a great hunger suppressant late at night.
13) Running is not torture, you just have to get to level where you can enjoy it.
14) Everyone is nice until you get to know them.
15) The dent in the couch gets smaller as you lose weight
16) I am more athletic then my dogs now.
17) My brother in law never got me a gift until he heard I started running, then he got me a book about running lol
18) Just because you like exercising doesn't mean you should be in the fitness field.
19) Whatever you love doing, do it in your spare time and not as a job.
20) Even long term friends with disappoint you
21) The mirror is not such a demon, as I once thought it was
22) Tandem bikes are much harder then they look!
23) Sometimes the best bike for you is one you love and not the one that looks cool.
24) Mother in Laws can get better with time...
25) Trying to lose weight fast actually makes it slow down. Stress takes over.
26) Men become pigs as you lose weight.
27) Women get more catty toward you.
28) Women are evil in general and usually are talking behind your back.
29) You can't blaim anyone but yourself for not losing weight.
30) Goodwill is great place to shop when you are changing sizes fast.
31) Some of the best ppl to have around are the ones that will tell u the truth.
32) If you love eating then you gotta learn to exercise more to balance it.
33) Being afraid to wear a swimsuit should be no obstacle for getting in the water to exercise.
34) Water aerobics is so much fun!
35) Some exercise is not ment to be intense but ment to spend time with people and talk.
36) Eating out can be a fun challange to stay in your calories.
37) At breakfast places u can replace hash browns with fruit!
38) Whole Wheat is less calories then anything white in the same form.
39) Veggie burgers are really good and everyone should give them a shot.
40) Mowing the lawn can be great cardio!
41) Shoveling snow is great cardio also.
42) Riding your bike to work gives you great time to think.
43) Drinking 8 cups of water a day is not as hard as it sounds.
44) Tweezing your eye brows can give you self confidence.
45) I can fit in a bathtub now and not worry about getting up.
46) Movie theater seats are no longer something to dread.
47) I no long wonder if people are staring at me while I eat.
48) I find myself wanting to give ppl thumbs up who are heavy and exercising.
49) I have grown to love breakfast and eat it everyday
50) Even when I eat alone, I try to make it healthy.
51) Fast food is not worth it.
52) Giving up pop is not as hard as it sounds.
53) Studying while you exercise is a great way to study and your blood is flowing!
54) People will help you as much as they....can
55) Clothes are a great reward for weight loss
56) Aldi has gotten cleaner with time lol
57) Growing flowers is much more rewarding then buying cut ones.
58) Yellow is a great color to exercise in outdoors
59) Small dogs can't go very far
60) It is not important to always have the best of everything
61) Doing things slowly and getting them done is more important then racing someone and ending up hurt.
62) I will always strive to stay the person I started out as and not alienate those around me.
63) If you hate a type of exercise, try again at a later time.
64) Stairstepper can be so rewarding.
65) Pilates doesn't burn very many calories but holy crap it makes your stomach look good!
66) Always try something new, who knows you might love it!
67) Talk about exercise with ppl who enjoy it.
68) Talking about it with everyone else and it just pisses them off.
69) People tend to get angry with you when you accomplish things and they don't.
70) My dogs are the cutest little humans I know and the most dependable.
71) Some of the most amazing athletes are moms of 4-5 kids. This gives none of the rest of us any excuse for having no time to exercise.
72) Zumba being fun depends on the teacher.
73) I only zumba for my husband when I get drunk lol
74) Reading books on the exercise bike goes so fast
75) Make friends from all different people. It makes your life so much richer knowing all different sides of the story.
76) One person can give religion a bad name and make you hate it.
77) Everyone sees the same situation from a completely different stand point.
78) Heartrate monitors are completely worth the money.
79) You can never have too many reusable water bottles around
80) Whole wheat lenders bagels come in really handy as snacks.
81) When your bigger you like loose clothes.
82) When your smaller, tighter is better
83) After awhile you can't believe what you actually weigh. I lost 2 lbs yesterday and on the weight tracker, I accidentally typed in 272.
84) I still see the same 282 lbs person in the mirror. But I don't think I ever knew what I looked like then.
85) I still end up in the plus sized section looking at clothes.
86) I have friends bigger then me now, when it used to be the opposite.
87) I enjoy encouraging ppl to exercise with me
88) I love saying hi to ppl when I am out exercising when I used to wish i was invisible.
89) I stand in the front of the class in zumba when I used to hide.
90) I try to talk to people wherever I go now and be open to always making friends
91) I am no longer scared to face Scotts family because of my weight.
92) I no longer have to read the weight limit on ladders before I get on them.
93) My dad told me he didn't recognize me at first last time he saw me
94) My wedding band is loose and I got it 6 months ago.
95) Shopping for clothes is harder now because there are too many choices.
96) I can feel bones in my chest and it kinda scares me lol
97) I am usually the thinnest person in water aerobics now and I wonder if people question why I am there.
98) I wear belts now! Used to wear my pants as tight as I could lol
99) I have to have a wide variety of fruits in the house at all times.
100) My scale doesn't control me but it keeps me knowing whats going on.
101) I love painting my nails again and feeling feminine
102) I hang goal clothes up at the top of my closet to keep myself going
103) I am not scared to walk on snow anymore and fall
104) I feel confident when I am nude now.
105) It's nice when ppl meet me and never knew I was bigger.
106) I love riding my bike 18 miles and having a really sore butt to show for it!
107) I really enjoy inspiring ppl, when I never thought I could.
108)My husband tells me its fun to pick me up.
109) I am running my first half marathon in 2 days.
110) I have grown to love me.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CONFUSEDBIRD Posts