Monday, July 12, 2010
I think I had a pretty good week. The scale showed I was down 2 lbs...I am hoping that I was at least good enough over the weekend to have maintained that. I hate that being away from home sometimes unravels all of the hard work I put in during the week. So, for my future reference, here's what I accomplished:
1. Workout/Fitness minutes 1 point for every 15 minutes
Sunday-30 minutes (2 sets of Sparkpeople Stability Ball workout)
Monday-90 minutes (30 core, 30 wii, 30 strength training)
Tuesday-60 minutes (40 No More Trouble Zones, 20 sparkpeople jump start & jump rope videos
Wednesday-45 minutes (15 min strength, 30 minutes core)
Thursday-60 minutes (50 No More Trouble Zones, 10 sparkpeople bootcamp cardio 1)
Friday-15 minutes (Zumba basic steps)
Saturday-45 minutes (strength training, 10 minutes stationary bike, 20 minutes sparkpeople jump rope/bootcamp 1)
2. Logging food and exercise, EVERYTHING YOU EAT, DRINK AND YOUR EXERCISE, for the day 5 points
3. Water 8 glasses each day will equal 2 points. Each glass thereafter 1 extra point per glass. Nothing if you don't drink 8 glasses
4. Positive thinking take the time each day to read/review your weekly/monthly goals you will get 2 points
5. Positive Thinking bonus- write an affirmation and read it to yourself daily for 1 extra point (you can have up to 5 total per day) If you share these affirmations with the group daily, you will get an extra 5 points at the end of the week.
Sunday-I have the power to change myself. Today is my new beginning. I AM WORTH IT!!!
Don't give up...fight for it, push strong to the end...you can do it!
Monday-same as Sunday
Wednesday-done but not posted
Thursday-posted and added 1: Don't give up...fight for it, push strong to the end...you can do it!
6. Motivation-your clothes- 2 points for each day that you try on something that motivates you to keep going...could be pants to big or to tight, whatever it is that motivates you. It could be something different each day! 2 Points that easy.
Sunday-worked out in the exact same outfit I wore for my first day of our Biggest Loser gym challenge back in October...XL mesh shorts, XL t-shirt...I was happily swimming in both pieces ;)
Monday-Found an old U2 concert t-shirt from '93...size L...it fits with some extra room!
Tuesday-Put on some warm jammies from Christmas time as my husband likes it cold in the house at night...lots of room in those XLs!
Wednesday-Shopping in my summer shorter shorts...they aren't embarressingly short, but much shorter than I've worn in years!
Thursday-Back into my size M workout pants and size L shirt from my gym's Greatest Loser contest...my favorite workout outfit :)
Friday-workout in my size medium workout clothes I got for Christmas...I am only about 10 pounds and an inch or two away from being able to actually wear these out to the gym!!!
Saturday-After several days in flip flops, I put my LA Gear Tone & Walks back on. I love them!
Total points: 113 :)
Ocean Blue challenge:
5 hours, 45 minutes of exercise
72 oz water (10 each day, 12 on Saturday)
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
In my desperate attempt at accountability, I'm going to start copying and pasting my 3 BUGS Blue goals onto my blog too...I'm hoping that this quick reference will keep me focused for the week :)
1. Use the food tracker every day...I need to get a reality check on how many calories I'm taking in.
2. Get my 6 fruits/veggies in every day...I slacked last week, but I'm gonna come back strong this week!
3. Do my ab work on MWF when I do my strength training.
(unofficial 4.) My gym homework this week is to burn 2500 calories, so I think I can make the team goal this week. Last week I burned 2244 in 218 minutes.
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
I've probably over-thought how I want to write these goals, hence the reason I am finally getting to last week's BUGS blue assignment! I keep weighing short term vs. long term, and I think I've reached a happy balance. Looking long term just leads to disappointment as I've learned from my summer maintenance program at the gym (where I have literally maintened my weight for the last 2 months...not a bad thing I know, but I'd like to start dropping again). So, 2 short, 1 long :)
1. I mentioned a chicken wing thing going on with my triceps and a few cans short of a set of 6-pack abs for my looking glass blog...I'd really like to eliminate that by my sister-in-law's November wedding. I'd like to take another inch off my arm measurement, and I have 3 inches in my waist and 1 inch to lose in my hips to fit into the fabulous and fun strapless dresses that she picked out. Strength training along with core work will definitely be in order!
2. I'd like to be in a size 8 pants and a solid size medium shirt by the end of the year. Why 8? Well, it is a single digit...a magical number that I haven't been at since high school...a number that obliterates the size 20W that I was wearing this time 8 months ago. As for the M...well, it is already nice to be in some size mediums, but mostly larges work for me. Seeing as how I started out in 1X territory, a medium seems like a logical and attainable goal.
3. Hubby thought that running the Iowa BIX would be doable this year and I blew him off. We probably could have managed it, but I'd like more time to train for my first 7 mile marathon. The date is always at the end of July, so this gives me the winter to start working and the spring to deal with the weather. I have the very negative mind block right now that "I am not a runner," and I want to eliminate that! I want to know that I can do anything!
Saturday, May 29, 2010
My SP group had a challenge this week to post a looking glass entry and to write a blog. I hope that I am not cheating by killing two birds with one stone here Going to try to keep the positives and negatives balanced as I know I am headed in the right direction...I've come too far to get down about things now!
Starting at the top...my face is so much thinner now then what it was just 6 months ago. My double chin is gone, and I can see a well defined neck in its place. I have an improved smile as my coffee intake was drastically cut, and all of the fresh foods I've been eating makes keeping my teeth clean so much easier. I see a little flab around my shoulders heading down toward my chest, but not nearly as much as before...again, I notice the definition in my shoulders and arms. The tricep area still stands to be improved as I have a little chicken wing thing going on, but my biceps are rocking (thank you cardio ball aerobics!). The chest has shrunk (to hubby's dismay LOL) and my posture is improved because of it. The belly...well...I am still a few cans over a set of 6 pack abs, but the love handles are gone, and I'm losing inches. The area between my belly button and c-section stitches is still a little sad looking, but I'm praying that with time and effort, this will get better too! My lower half in front...well...I have to be resigned to the fact that my thighs will always be bigger, and my calves very "Popeye-ish", but at least I can see the tone in my muscles. My feet have even thinned and I can easily wear my pretty sandals that I was painfully squeezing into last summer. As for my 'other' side...well, I am content for now. My butt is comfortably into a size 12...seeing as how I was pushing into a 22W last fall, I am very happy and proud about that! My back has lost some of its flab as well, and I can see less and less of the sag that was pushing out of my undergarments. Food journaling has helped me so much, and I thank my friends here on Sparkpeople for their support. I continue to work out at the gym 4-5 days a week, and hope that by my sister-in-law's November wedding this year I am several sizes smaller and ready to party!
Friday, April 09, 2010
I thought my first entry would be some long, grand impressive blog about my life story and how I got here. Instead, I realize that I can write that another day...today I want short and sweet. Music plays such an important role in my life, and I have emotional attachments to certain bands and songs. For whatever reason, Bon Jovi is singing in my head today, and I keep hearing this: "It's my life, It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive; My heart is like an open highway, Like Frankie said I did it my way, I just wanna live while I'm alive...It's my life"
So, rather than live in the past, or wonder about the future, I am going to take today and make the most out of it. I will tuck away the scale and take care of me. I will take each minute as it comes and deal with what I can, leaving the rest behind or to wait for another day. Carpe Diem!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CMPEARL Posts