Tuesday, June 26, 2012
I was sitting here thinking of ways to skip going to the gym today (It's nice outside, I need to return something at the mall, I need to return my library book, wash my car, etc). And then I checked out the challenges today for the 100 Days of Summer 2012 Challenge group.
"Power it Up: Increase the duration or intensity of your workout today. Give yourself a challenge!"
And there you have it. One little line worth 10 points (I don't ever get in the top 3, but I still like to participate) and on I will go! I plan to try out a new piece of cardio equipment (the gazelle glider thing), do my bodyrock exercise of the day, and maybe go for a walk because it really is so nice outside today. Thanks for the motivation!
Monday, June 25, 2012
Well my weekends went well and I don't have any guilty feelings over any of my food or beverage intake. Friday night, I had 2 small glasses of wine and read the end of The Hunger Games book (yes, I'm behind the times).
Saturday, I didn't give myself enough time to go for a run in the morning before I left. I sat in DC traffic FOREVER! When I got to DC, we spent the afternoon at the rooftop pool at the hotel. I felt confident in my bathing suit, which was awesome!
We went to 2 bars and ended up staying at the 2nd one for the rest of the night. I drank quite a bit, but also danced a ton. It was a bachelorette party, so I don't feel bad about drinking more than I usually would.
We had awesome brunch at vinoteca (bottomless mimosas!?!) then headed back home.
All in all, pretty good weekend! I only knew the bride, so I was unsure of how the weekend was going to go, but I definitely had a good time!
I'm excited for the last week of the June bodyrock challenge! I really want to take measurements to see what the difference is (and I have been running 3x per week!). I have decided that I may be in maintenance mode. I don't really have a goal weight (fine where I'm at), but definitely want to tone up.
Anyways, I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready for Monday!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I'm not sure why/ how I always end up feeling like I failed with my exercise/ health plans over the weekends. I ran a mile in 7:47 Monday afternoon (new fastest time EVER!) and ran 2 miles yesterday with a average time of just under 9:25 per mile (also fastest time ever for 2 miles!). Oh, and today is weigh-in day and I lost a pound! I cheated and weighed myself yesterday (ok, so I weight myself every day) and said pound was lost then too!.
I'm going to get dinner with my mom tonight (at a Mexican restaurant, dun dun dun) so I can meet with her to borrow some dresses from my sister for this coming weekend. Hopefully the momentum I have right now will steer me away from the chips!
And I have the bodyrock exercise to do afterwards- majorly full belly + bodyrock sound like a recipe for a disaster. Another good reason to eat in moderation (and not drink because it is a weekday).
Also, more plans for the weekend (I swear I'm really not that cool- plans every weekend is a fluke!) that could possibly lead to over-indulging. I'm going to a bachelorette party in DC including dinner, bar-hopping and then brunch the next morning. Did I mention we all have to wear matching tank tops? I'm not sure how getting dressed up and the tank tops is going to work out...
Anyways, sorry for the mopey post Monday. I really was feeling down about my eating over the weekend. Seeing progress on the scale makes me think about how much more progress I would have if I kept my weekends more balanced. I'm planning extra gym time Friday after work, a run Saturday morning before I leave for DC and, depending on traffic, a walk Sunday afternoon when I get home. Hopefully, the guilt will be non-existent with the extra workouts!
And.... TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! Definitely feeling in on the east coast- upper 80s and 90s for the rest of the week, lows in the mid-70s at night. No more windows open for us!
Monday, June 18, 2012
Definitely had a great time over the weekends catching up with my friend at her party. I mostly ate the cut up veggies I brought and the fat free sour cream dip to dip them in. I also ate a fair sized portion of a trifle (pound cake, fresh fruit, pudding and whipped cream) which was awesome. I did have 2 little shooters, but they were in a shot glasses, so they weren't so bad. I did drink 5 beers though. I arrived at 6:30 and didn't go to sleep until 2:30am (very late for this lame-o!) so I spaced them out pretty well. I did wake up and have another portion of the trifle for breakfast though... And I went for a walk
Saturday, I met my husband over at my dad's house. We went to the shooting range for awhile. We were going to go out for kabobs, and then decided to go out for mexican food instead. I ate an enormous amount of chips and salsa, but opted for the vegetarian fajitas for dinner instead of my usual quesadilla, burrito and tostada combo. It was so good! Zucchini, squash, onions, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower served with the regular fajita toppings (no cheese). So I went over my calorie range again.
Yesterday was Father's Day. We had planned on grilling a bunch of foods. We did chicken, brussels sprouts, asparagus, onions and peppers, ribs, burgers and hotdogs (I don't eat red meat- or whatever hotdogs are made of). doing well calorie-wise until I ate a big piece of pineapple upside down cake.
Which brings me to my next point... (ok, so first point since the rest was just a recap)
I need to decide if I am okay with indulging on the weekends when I hang out with friends and family. I hate the guilty feelings I have every Sunday and Monday. I really didn't drink too much and made better choices at 2 parties and out to dinner. My only slip-ups were desserts, which I don't have on a regular basis. Is it really that bad to have desserts on occasion? I do know the portion size of my desserts were larger than they could have been.
I guess I'm on the fence about whether I think I am ruining my weekday efforts by indulging on some weekends. On one hand, I am not a very large person, nor do I have much, if any, weight to lose. On the other hand, I had previously been smaller and with some effort, I can get to be a much healthier, toned version of me.
Frustrating... Insight anyone?
Friday, June 15, 2012
Working on my list. I deleted a few things off of here- take vitamins every day (I am eating well enough to not need them!), deleted the 200 sit-ups challenge and I had no swearing on here twice (Maybe I need to work on that??). And I added a few things to the bottom. Once I get to the 101 things, I will backfill the deleted spots. Also, if you decide to make one of these lists after seeing mine, let me know so I can check it off my list :)
101 Things in 1,001 Days
March 1, 2012- November 28, 2014
1. Don't complain about anything for a week
2. Personal Goal
3. See 10 classic movies I've never seen (1/10)
4. Buy a house
5. Influence a person to make a day zero list (DONE- I_AM_ENOUGH made a list on SP)
6. Identify 100 things that make me happy (IP- at 45)
7. Run a half marathon
8. Fly across the country to visit my best friend
9. Visit the Grand Canyon Arizona (IP- going Sept 12, 2012!)
10. Backpack part of the Appalachian trail- 4 day
11. visit another continent
12. No drinking for 30 days
13. Go to an NFL game
14. Perform a totally random act of kindness-3 times
15. Grow a vegetable garden (IP- hopefully there won't be a catastrophe!)
16. Decorate my office- pictures, books and wall art
17. Beat Jimi in mini golf
18. Not eat out for 1 month
19. Learn how to use my sewing machine (IP)
20. Do an average of 1 hike per month for a year
21. Redo my ipod and do my ipod shuffle (0/2)
22. Pay off all debt-credit cards and student loans (2/5) IP
23. Combine all finances with Jimi
24. Walk 1001 miles (IP)
25. Try 10 new restaurants I love (1/10- 1. the Vineyard)
26. Save $5 for every task I complete
27. Visit 5 wineries- not all on same day! (0/5)
28. Visit orthodontist about bottom row teeth
29. Have an herb garden
31. Take a gun safety course DONE
32. Say yes to 10 things I would usually say no to
33. Try Thai food DONE
34. Try Ethiopian food
35. Fly first class
36. Don't swear for a week
37. Don't eat for 24 hours
38. Make a list of 100 interesting English words and add to my active vocabulary
39. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all (IP)
40. Learn to sign the alphabet
41. Do 100 consecutive pushups
42. Go on a road trip (Tentatively planned for July 18th)
43. Start a retirement fund DONE
44. Try yoga
45. Get SCUBA diving certification
46. See an eclipse
47. Try paddleboarding
48. Learn conversational Spanish
49. Take a dance class
50. Learn 100 basic ASL signs
51. Run a 10K race
52. Make a habit of walking after work/dinner (IP)
53. Try 1 new food per month (IP- 1 Tofu, 2 Brussels Sprouts 3 Quinoa, 4 Cottage Cheese)
54. Say do something positive for someone else every day
55. Make a point of crafting every week (IP)
56. Cut drinking down to 2 days per week- preferable weekends DONE
57. Start a T-shirt quilt
58. Go to a festival with all of my siblings
59. Read 100 books (IP- I have a running list on my computer)
61. Make something from old clothes
62. Camp in a national park
63. Print and frame wedding photos DONE
64. Organize a family photo- with everyone!
65. Do 1000 abs reps consecutively (can be different exercises)
66. Buy a treadmill (I don't think I will do this, I joined a gym instead)
67. Find out my blood type
68. Finish switching my name to Williams
69. Decide on a bank for me and Jimi
70. No aggressive driving for a week
71. Read 20 book from Modern Library's List of 100 Best Books of the 20th Century (IP)
72. sign up for bone marrow registry
73. Put an entire paycheck into savings
74. Lose 10 lbs
75. Go to the dentist
77. Go for one week without Facebook
78. drink hot tea instead of wine DONE
79. Build something out of wood DONE
80. change name on passport
81. Host girls night again
82. Get up early to work out 3 days in one week
83. Make a new friend
84. Visit an art museum
85. Take protein supplements- DONE
86. Donate my hair to Locks of Love DONE
87. Go on a cruise
88. Create a blog of this list DONE- I am counting this blog!
89. Buy a kayak DONE
90. Get a new bed! DONE
91. exercise for at least 10 minutes a day for a week (1/10)
92. Start a savings account with Jimi DONE
93. Get Kelli to go camping
94. Go on a camping trip with my family
95. Get my concealed weapons permit DONE
96. Visit a farm and pick my own produce
97. Go to a drive-in movie
98. run an 8 minute mile (so close!!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time CLRWILLIAMS25 Posts