Monday, June 18, 2012
Definitely had a great time over the weekends catching up with my friend at her party. I mostly ate the cut up veggies I brought and the fat free sour cream dip to dip them in. I also ate a fair sized portion of a trifle (pound cake, fresh fruit, pudding and whipped cream) which was awesome. I did have 2 little shooters, but they were in a shot glasses, so they weren't so bad. I did drink 5 beers though. I arrived at 6:30 and didn't go to sleep until 2:30am (very late for this lame-o!) so I spaced them out pretty well. I did wake up and have another portion of the trifle for breakfast though... And I went for a walk
Saturday, I met my husband over at my dad's house. We went to the shooting range for awhile. We were going to go out for kabobs, and then decided to go out for mexican food instead. I ate an enormous amount of chips and salsa, but opted for the vegetarian fajitas for dinner instead of my usual quesadilla, burrito and tostada combo. It was so good! Zucchini, squash, onions, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower served with the regular fajita toppings (no cheese). So I went over my calorie range again.
Yesterday was Father's Day. We had planned on grilling a bunch of foods. We did chicken, brussels sprouts, asparagus, onions and peppers, ribs, burgers and hotdogs (I don't eat red meat- or whatever hotdogs are made of). doing well calorie-wise until I ate a big piece of pineapple upside down cake.
Which brings me to my next point... (ok, so first point since the rest was just a recap)
I need to decide if I am okay with indulging on the weekends when I hang out with friends and family. I hate the guilty feelings I have every Sunday and Monday. I really didn't drink too much and made better choices at 2 parties and out to dinner. My only slip-ups were desserts, which I don't have on a regular basis. Is it really that bad to have desserts on occasion? I do know the portion size of my desserts were larger than they could have been.
I guess I'm on the fence about whether I think I am ruining my weekday efforts by indulging on some weekends. On one hand, I am not a very large person, nor do I have much, if any, weight to lose. On the other hand, I had previously been smaller and with some effort, I can get to be a much healthier, toned version of me.
Frustrating... Insight anyone?
Friday, June 15, 2012
Working on my list. I deleted a few things off of here- take vitamins every day (I am eating well enough to not need them!), deleted the 200 sit-ups challenge and I had no swearing on here twice (Maybe I need to work on that??). And I added a few things to the bottom. Once I get to the 101 things, I will backfill the deleted spots. Also, if you decide to make one of these lists after seeing mine, let me know so I can check it off my list :)
101 Things in 1,001 Days
March 1, 2012- November 28, 2014
1. Don't complain about anything for a week
2. Personal Goal
3. See 10 classic movies I've never seen (1/10)
4. Buy a house
5. Influence a person to make a day zero list (DONE- I_AM_ENOUGH made a list on SP)
6. Identify 100 things that make me happy (IP- at 45)
7. Run a half marathon
8. Fly across the country to visit my best friend
9. Visit the Grand Canyon Arizona (IP- going Sept 12, 2012!)
10. Backpack part of the Appalachian trail- 4 day
11. visit another continent
12. No drinking for 30 days
13. Go to an NFL game
14. Perform a totally random act of kindness-3 times
15. Grow a vegetable garden (IP- hopefully there won't be a catastrophe!)
16. Decorate my office- pictures, books and wall art
17. Beat Jimi in mini golf
18. Not eat out for 1 month
19. Learn how to use my sewing machine (IP)
20. Do an average of 1 hike per month for a year
21. Redo my ipod and do my ipod shuffle (0/2)
22. Pay off all debt-credit cards and student loans (2/5) IP
23. Combine all finances with Jimi
24. Walk 1001 miles (IP)
25. Try 10 new restaurants I love (1/10- 1. the Vineyard)
26. Save $5 for every task I complete
27. Visit 5 wineries- not all on same day! (0/5)
28. Visit orthodontist about bottom row teeth
29. Have an herb garden
31. Take a gun safety course DONE
32. Say yes to 10 things I would usually say no to
33. Try Thai food DONE
34. Try Ethiopian food
35. Fly first class
36. Don't swear for a week
37. Don't eat for 24 hours
38. Make a list of 100 interesting English words and add to my active vocabulary
39. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all (IP)
40. Learn to sign the alphabet
41. Do 100 consecutive pushups
42. Go on a road trip (Tentatively planned for July 18th)
43. Start a retirement fund DONE
44. Try yoga
45. Get SCUBA diving certification
46. See an eclipse
47. Try paddleboarding
48. Learn conversational Spanish
49. Take a dance class
50. Learn 100 basic ASL signs
51. Run a 10K race
52. Make a habit of walking after work/dinner (IP)
53. Try 1 new food per month (IP- 1 Tofu, 2 Brussels Sprouts 3 Quinoa, 4 Cottage Cheese)
54. Say do something positive for someone else every day
55. Make a point of crafting every week (IP)
56. Cut drinking down to 2 days per week- preferable weekends DONE
57. Start a T-shirt quilt
58. Go to a festival with all of my siblings
59. Read 100 books (IP- I have a running list on my computer)
61. Make something from old clothes
62. Camp in a national park
63. Print and frame wedding photos DONE
64. Organize a family photo- with everyone!
65. Do 1000 abs reps consecutively (can be different exercises)
66. Buy a treadmill (I don't think I will do this, I joined a gym instead)
67. Find out my blood type
68. Finish switching my name to Williams
69. Decide on a bank for me and Jimi
70. No aggressive driving for a week
71. Read 20 book from Modern Library's List of 100 Best Books of the 20th Century (IP)
72. sign up for bone marrow registry
73. Put an entire paycheck into savings
74. Lose 10 lbs
75. Go to the dentist
77. Go for one week without Facebook
78. drink hot tea instead of wine DONE
79. Build something out of wood DONE
80. change name on passport
81. Host girls night again
82. Get up early to work out 3 days in one week
83. Make a new friend
84. Visit an art museum
85. Take protein supplements- DONE
86. Donate my hair to Locks of Love DONE
87. Go on a cruise
88. Create a blog of this list DONE- I am counting this blog!
89. Buy a kayak DONE
90. Get a new bed! DONE
91. exercise for at least 10 minutes a day for a week (1/10)
92. Start a savings account with Jimi DONE
93. Get Kelli to go camping
94. Go on a camping trip with my family
95. Get my concealed weapons permit DONE
96. Visit a farm and pick my own produce
97. Go to a drive-in movie
98. run an 8 minute mile (so close!!)
Friday, June 15, 2012
Awesome things happening sine my last blog entry!!
Last night, I ran 1 mile by myself because my husband's shins hurt (and he was having a whiny day). And I ran it in 8:05!! That is my fasted mile time EVER. My previous fastest mile time was in 2000 in 8th grade (which was 8:34). So exciting! I almost died running back down the street to the house, but I didn't (obviously).
Last night, I went to bed around 10:15 (usually closer to 11). I woke up at 6 and took 30 minutes convincing myself to get up and get a workout it. And then I did! I did 10 minutes of a bodyrock workout before I had to go upstairs and get ready for work. Definitely proud of myself! I am so much more awake right now than usual (yes, I am blogging at work).
Let's hope I keep this victory streak going....
Tonight, I'm going to a friend's house for an end of the school year party (she is a teacher). I'm bringing cut up veggies and fat free onion dip to dip them in. I also packed 6 beers. It's more than I plan to drink, but will hopefully remind me to not drink little shooters etc since I already have something to drink. (a teacher at her school is also a bartender...).
I brought all my workout clothes so I may get a run in after work (probably not), but can definitely do one in the morning.
Anyways, I hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Father's Day weekend to all the dads out there!
Monday, June 11, 2012
I do really well following my regular Monday- Friday schedule. The second I do something different, all hell breaks loose. Case in point- we went to Richmond this weekend. I got my hair cut, went out to late lunch with friends, went to the river and then hung out at a friend's house. Lunch involved 2 beers, the river involved 2 beers, hanging out at friend's house involved 1 beer and an absurd amount of vodka tonics. It's hard to stop drinking because you've had enough when everyone else is drinking all night! And so I didn't stop drinking and ate late night pizza with everyone. It's so frustrating when you make a plan, try to stick with it but fall off the wagon because you drank and let your plan fly out the window (this wagon has windows).
Had I not drank beer beforehand, I would have remembered my plan to drink tonic with lime and no vodka. But no, I got caught up in the fun with friends and drank the day away. Since we moved to another city, we don't really get to hang out with our friends very often. I definitely miss them, but need a way to chill out and slow down when we do get together.
Anyone have any good ideas to keep this from happening (besides get new friends)??
My usual strategies...
Drink diet tonic with no alcohol
Get some exercise while hanging out (walk, swim etc)
Have 1 beer then just drink water
Sip Jimi's beer but never get my own
go places that don't allow alcohol
Christy 1 Social Drinking 1 (since I started the count when I got my 1)
On a brighter note, I am keeping up with my only drinking on 2 days per week. No need for empty calories with the glass of wine etc after work
Get An Email Alert Each Time CLRWILLIAMS25 Posts