Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Well I may as well delete everything from my last post after the description of my weekend adventures. I may have had an allergic reaction to something, not sure, but I was deathly itchy yesterday. It was bad. I didn't go to the gym. I also had to pick my husband up in another city (during rush hour!) where he had dropped his car off to get fixed.
We did this car thing for part of last week as well. I go to work, leave work mid-morning to pick him up at the house and drive him to his work, then I go back to work and then pick him up at night when he gets off work. And last week, I used it as my excuse to not hit the gym. And I'm trying REALLY hard to not use it as my excuse this week. I mean, it only entails me staying at work for an extra hour to make up for leaving during the day (leave at 5 instead of 4), which in the grand scheme of things, is still pretty early!
I'd like to go for an outside run today after work- I even brought my clothes into my office so I can change here and go to the park.
I also had a check-in with my mom last night. She has lost 5 pounds so far and has done a grocery list overhaul to include more fresh vegetables. She has even made some spark recipes! I'm glad she's excited to keep going with this and I'm glad we can both keep each other accountable on this site!
Monday, May 21, 2012
...Or more like weekend-spark-itis. Camping=too much drinking and eating. We did manage to include a lot of vegetables, but I also ate a few quesadillas and lots of chips and salsa. Food-wise, I probably would have stayed within my calorie range, but I definitely blew through that with the alcohol. I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
Didn't gain weight, but didn't track food eaten or track any sizable amount of fitness minutes. I am definitely going to do my goal of 9 miles this week...starting after work today with 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym. I also plan to do different upper body weight machines today. And do 10 minutes of abs.
I plan to pre-determine how much I will drink for each day over this coming Memorial Day weekend with the family. I can generally make good food choices, but drink more than I should to stay within my calorie range. And since we will be at the beach, getting a few walks in won't be difficult.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
3 hours left of work and then I'm going camping!! I'm super excited, obviously. This is my first camping trip of the year, which is unusual for me. My husband and I used to go camping on our anniversary every year (our dating anniversary, not our married one :), but I was traveling for work and we had just moved, so we skipped it this year. He has already gone camping 3 times- once for each time I've been out of town for work! I haven't gone camping at the beach since high school, so definitely excited for that as well.
I have been exercising every day (including short walks, but hey, every little bit counts), but have not been meeting my goal of 9 miles per week for this week. I have doing exercise videos all this week and didn't get outside to run because of the rain. I plan to get some walking in while camping and make up for some of it!
I talked to my nutritionist yesterday and she said that in the last 5 months (since we started the monthly phone calls) I have list 8 pounds and more than doubled my daily fruit and veggie intake. I had told her I was using sparkpeople and she said she has told others about it too! Feels good to have someone so motivational in your corner and it feels good to spread the spark! Speaking of spreading the spark...
My mom joined sparkpeople this week! I'm super excited for her, as I assume we are alike in needing some accountability to keep going. My husband has also decided to partake in getting healthier (thank God, because doing workout videos while someone else isn't is awkward!).
Pretty long update, but it had been awhile since my last post.
I'm going to try to drink less and be more active during this camping trip.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Working on my list. I deleted a few things off of here- take vitamins every day (I am eating well enough to not need them!), deleted the 200 sit-ups challenge and I had no swearing on here twice. And I added a few things to the bottom. Once I get to the 101 things, I will backfill the deleted spots. Also, if you decide to make one of these lists after seeing mine, let me know so I can check it off my list :)
1. Don't complain about anything for a week
2. Personal Goal
3. See 10 classic movies I've never seen (0/10)
4. Buy a house
5. Influence a person to make a day zero list
6. Identify 100 things that make me happy
7. Run a half marathon
8. Fly across the country to visit my best friend
9. Visit the Grand Canyon Arizona (IP- going Sept 12, 2012!)
10. Backpack part of the Appalachian trail- 4 day
11. visit another continent
12. No drinking for 30 days
13. Go to an NFL game
14. Perform a totally random act of kindness-3 times
15. Grow a garden with 4 different vegetables (IP- hopefully there won't be a catastrophe!)
16. Decorate my office- pictures, books and wall art
17. Beat Jimi in mini golf
18. Not eat our for 1 month
19. Learn how to use my sewing machine (IP)
20. Do an average of 1 hike per month for a year
21. Redo my ipod and do my ipod shuffle (0/2)
22. Pay off all debt-credit cards and student loans (2/5) IP
23. Combine all finances with Jimi
24. Walk 1001 miles (IP)
25. Try 10 new restaurants I love (1/10- 1. the Vineyard)
26. Save $5 for every task I complete
27. Visit 5 wineries- not all on same day! (0/5)
28. Visit orthodontist about bottom row teeth
29. Have an herb garden
31. Take a gun safety course DONE
32. Say yes to 10 things I would usually say no to
33. Try Thai food DONE
34. Try Ethiopian food
35. Fly first class
36. Don't swear for a week
37. Don't eat for 24 hours
38. Make a list of 100 interesting English words and add to my active vocabulary
39. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all
40. Learn to sign the alphabet
41. Do 100 consecutive pushups
42. Go on a road trip (Tentatively planned for July 18th)
43. Start a retirement fund
44. Try yoga
45. Get SCUBA diving certification
46. See an eclipse
47. Try paddleboarding
48. Learn conversational Spanish
49. Take a dance class
50. Learn 100 basic ASL signs
51. Run a 10K race
52. Make a habit of walking after work/dinner (IP)
53. Try 1 new food per month (IP- 1 Tofu, 2 Brussels Sprouts 3Quinoa, 4 Cottage Cheese)
54. Say do something positive for someone else every day
55. Make a point of crafting every week
56. Cut drinking down to 2 days per week- preferable weekends DONE
57. Start a T-shirt quilt
58. Go to a festival with all of my siblings
59. Read 100 books (IP- I have a running list on my computer)
61. Make something from old clothes
62. Camp in a national park
63. Print and frame wedding photos DONE
64. Organize a family photo- with everyone!
65. Do 1000 abs reps consecutively (can be different exercises)
66. Buy a treadmill (I don't think I will do this, I joined a gym instead)
67. Find out my blood type
68. Finish switching my name to Williams
69. Decide on a bank for me and Jimi
70. No aggressive driving for a week
71. Read 20 book from Modern Library's List of 100 Best Books of the 20th Century (IP)
72. sign up for bone marrow registry
73. Put an entire paycheck into savings
74. Lose 10 lbs
75. Go to the dentist
77. Go for one week without Facebook
78. drink hot tea instead of wine DONE
79. Build something out of wood DONE
80. change name on passport
81. Host girls night again
82. Get up early to work out 3 days in one week
83. Make a new friend
84. Visit an art museum
85. Take protein supplements- DONE
86. Donate my hair to Locks of Love (IP- appointment this coming Saturday!)
87. Go on a cruise
88. Create a blog of this list DONE- I am counting this blog!
89. Buy a kayak DONE
90. Get a new bed! DONE
91. exercise for at least 10 minutes a day for a week (1/10)
92. Start a savings account with Jimi DONE
93. Get Kelli to go camping
94. Go on a camping trip with my family
95. Get my concealed weapons permit DONE
96. Visit a farm and pick my own produce
97. Go to a drive-in movie
98. run an 8 minute mile
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
We had a fire drill at work at 3:30 today, so my afternoon started off really well (not sure fire drill is the correct term because firemen actually came, but there was no fire). I was pretty motivated when I got home, so we went to the Noland Trail near my house, which I had never been too. Its a 5 mile loop with lots of bridges/water and shade. Its actually really cool. The uncool part was my severe lack of running ability. I am doing running intervals (started a few weeks ago) and was supposed to be doing 3 minutes walking, 4 minutes jogging. 4 minutes was torture for some reason! I did my intervals for the first 2.75 miles then wimped out and ran sporadically after that. My husband ran cross country in high school, so he was running backwards, running zig-zagged and what have you waiting on me. Definitely not my best shining moment! I finished it only because it was a loop and we had to get back to the car.
We did a similar dinner to last night with grilled chicken (I made some marinade with olive oil, lime juice and some spices) with steamed broccoli, brussels sprouts with cous cous on the side.
We're in the season where we're trying not to use the AC or heat, so we have a nice breeze coming though the house. I love when it's nice enough outside to have a breeze in the house!
Oh, and my friend had a baby today! Happy, healthy girl!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CLRWILLIAMS25 Posts