Thursday, May 17, 2012
3 hours left of work and then I'm going camping!! I'm super excited, obviously. This is my first camping trip of the year, which is unusual for me. My husband and I used to go camping on our anniversary every year (our dating anniversary, not our married one :), but I was traveling for work and we had just moved, so we skipped it this year. He has already gone camping 3 times- once for each time I've been out of town for work! I haven't gone camping at the beach since high school, so definitely excited for that as well.
I have been exercising every day (including short walks, but hey, every little bit counts), but have not been meeting my goal of 9 miles per week for this week. I have doing exercise videos all this week and didn't get outside to run because of the rain. I plan to get some walking in while camping and make up for some of it!
I talked to my nutritionist yesterday and she said that in the last 5 months (since we started the monthly phone calls) I have list 8 pounds and more than doubled my daily fruit and veggie intake. I had told her I was using sparkpeople and she said she has told others about it too! Feels good to have someone so motivational in your corner and it feels good to spread the spark! Speaking of spreading the spark...
My mom joined sparkpeople this week! I'm super excited for her, as I assume we are alike in needing some accountability to keep going. My husband has also decided to partake in getting healthier (thank God, because doing workout videos while someone else isn't is awkward!).
Pretty long update, but it had been awhile since my last post.
I'm going to try to drink less and be more active during this camping trip.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Working on my list. I deleted a few things off of here- take vitamins every day (I am eating well enough to not need them!), deleted the 200 sit-ups challenge and I had no swearing on here twice. And I added a few things to the bottom. Once I get to the 101 things, I will backfill the deleted spots. Also, if you decide to make one of these lists after seeing mine, let me know so I can check it off my list :)
1. Don't complain about anything for a week
2. Personal Goal
3. See 10 classic movies I've never seen (0/10)
4. Buy a house
5. Influence a person to make a day zero list
6. Identify 100 things that make me happy
7. Run a half marathon
8. Fly across the country to visit my best friend
9. Visit the Grand Canyon Arizona (IP- going Sept 12, 2012!)
10. Backpack part of the Appalachian trail- 4 day
11. visit another continent
12. No drinking for 30 days
13. Go to an NFL game
14. Perform a totally random act of kindness-3 times
15. Grow a garden with 4 different vegetables (IP- hopefully there won't be a catastrophe!)
16. Decorate my office- pictures, books and wall art
17. Beat Jimi in mini golf
18. Not eat our for 1 month
19. Learn how to use my sewing machine (IP)
20. Do an average of 1 hike per month for a year
21. Redo my ipod and do my ipod shuffle (0/2)
22. Pay off all debt-credit cards and student loans (2/5) IP
23. Combine all finances with Jimi
24. Walk 1001 miles (IP)
25. Try 10 new restaurants I love (1/10- 1. the Vineyard)
26. Save $5 for every task I complete
27. Visit 5 wineries- not all on same day! (0/5)
28. Visit orthodontist about bottom row teeth
29. Have an herb garden
31. Take a gun safety course DONE
32. Say yes to 10 things I would usually say no to
33. Try Thai food DONE
34. Try Ethiopian food
35. Fly first class
36. Don't swear for a week
37. Don't eat for 24 hours
38. Make a list of 100 interesting English words and add to my active vocabulary
39. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all
40. Learn to sign the alphabet
41. Do 100 consecutive pushups
42. Go on a road trip (Tentatively planned for July 18th)
43. Start a retirement fund
44. Try yoga
45. Get SCUBA diving certification
46. See an eclipse
47. Try paddleboarding
48. Learn conversational Spanish
49. Take a dance class
50. Learn 100 basic ASL signs
51. Run a 10K race
52. Make a habit of walking after work/dinner (IP)
53. Try 1 new food per month (IP- 1 Tofu, 2 Brussels Sprouts 3Quinoa, 4 Cottage Cheese)
54. Say do something positive for someone else every day
55. Make a point of crafting every week
56. Cut drinking down to 2 days per week- preferable weekends DONE
57. Start a T-shirt quilt
58. Go to a festival with all of my siblings
59. Read 100 books (IP- I have a running list on my computer)
61. Make something from old clothes
62. Camp in a national park
63. Print and frame wedding photos DONE
64. Organize a family photo- with everyone!
65. Do 1000 abs reps consecutively (can be different exercises)
66. Buy a treadmill (I don't think I will do this, I joined a gym instead)
67. Find out my blood type
68. Finish switching my name to Williams
69. Decide on a bank for me and Jimi
70. No aggressive driving for a week
71. Read 20 book from Modern Library's List of 100 Best Books of the 20th Century (IP)
72. sign up for bone marrow registry
73. Put an entire paycheck into savings
74. Lose 10 lbs
75. Go to the dentist
77. Go for one week without Facebook
78. drink hot tea instead of wine DONE
79. Build something out of wood DONE
80. change name on passport
81. Host girls night again
82. Get up early to work out 3 days in one week
83. Make a new friend
84. Visit an art museum
85. Take protein supplements- DONE
86. Donate my hair to Locks of Love (IP- appointment this coming Saturday!)
87. Go on a cruise
88. Create a blog of this list DONE- I am counting this blog!
89. Buy a kayak DONE
90. Get a new bed! DONE
91. exercise for at least 10 minutes a day for a week (1/10)
92. Start a savings account with Jimi DONE
93. Get Kelli to go camping
94. Go on a camping trip with my family
95. Get my concealed weapons permit DONE
96. Visit a farm and pick my own produce
97. Go to a drive-in movie
98. run an 8 minute mile
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
We had a fire drill at work at 3:30 today, so my afternoon started off really well (not sure fire drill is the correct term because firemen actually came, but there was no fire). I was pretty motivated when I got home, so we went to the Noland Trail near my house, which I had never been too. Its a 5 mile loop with lots of bridges/water and shade. Its actually really cool. The uncool part was my severe lack of running ability. I am doing running intervals (started a few weeks ago) and was supposed to be doing 3 minutes walking, 4 minutes jogging. 4 minutes was torture for some reason! I did my intervals for the first 2.75 miles then wimped out and ran sporadically after that. My husband ran cross country in high school, so he was running backwards, running zig-zagged and what have you waiting on me. Definitely not my best shining moment! I finished it only because it was a loop and we had to get back to the car.
We did a similar dinner to last night with grilled chicken (I made some marinade with olive oil, lime juice and some spices) with steamed broccoli, brussels sprouts with cous cous on the side.
We're in the season where we're trying not to use the AC or heat, so we have a nice breeze coming though the house. I love when it's nice enough outside to have a breeze in the house!
Oh, and my friend had a baby today! Happy, healthy girl!
Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Today was definitely like 2nd Monday. Blah day all day, not really motivated to do anything. I did go for a short run today (like 1/2 of what I had planned to do). I will usually just finish what I planned to do, but I was definitely not feeling it today.
I got the Jillian Michaels DVDs I ordered in the mail this weekend. I decided to start next Monday after I run the 5k this weekend. I don't want to be sore in random muscles for the run! My husband said he wants to do the 6 week 6 pack DVD with me. I also got the 30 day shred DVD, but I don't think he'll want to do that one too. Not sure if I should alternate days with the programs or do one in it's entirety and then do the other. We will see.
I forgot the most important thing that happened today- I got new running shoes and did my first run in them! Pretty comfortable.
Had grilled barbecue chicken for dinner with sweet potato fries (pinterest recipe!), steamed brussels sprouts and broccoli. I like sweet potatoes with the barbecue sauce my husband makes- prefect mix of spicy and sweet. He "hates" sweet potatoes, but will eat them if I bake them into fries.
Yesterday, I saw he had posted pictures on facebook of our kitchen table that he sanded and refinished. He commented that he was looking for more projects to do. I'm sure he will regret posting that with witnesses when he sees my pinterest page...
Monday, April 30, 2012
Remind me to never bring an ipad in place of a computer on a trip! It is very time consuming to enter data onto sparkpeople- and anywhere for that matter.
I had started tracking my food, but stopped mid-week. I drank alcohol more that I would if I were at home (a drink every night with dinner as opposed to only having a drink on the weekends). Everything really is bigger in Texas, so I ate more than I normally would. All that said, I did run 3 times while I was out of town- and I also woke up before I had to work to run on the treadmill! This is a huge victory for me, as I don't get out of bed until the last possible minute. I actually felt great afterward too. I don't plan to continue morning runs now that I am home because I don't like to shower in the morning. I am one of those people who blame sit no my hair- I don't like to blow-dry it.
I also didn't gain any weight while out of town for work, so I feel like my larger portion sizes weren't as bad as I had thought they would be.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CLRWILLIAMS25 Posts