Wednesday, September 18, 2013
"The more reasons you have for achieving your goal, the more determined you will become."
This quote is very thought provoking! What is my goal? What are my reasons for wanting to achieve my goal?
Is my goal just to lose weight? Is it to become healthy? Many times, we don’t dig deep enough to figure out what we really want to do, thus not having the right mindset to follow through.
My goal to lose 50 lbs.
Why is this my goal?
• To cut down my blood pressure medication ($90 for a 90 day supply!)
• To prevent me from having to take medication for high cholesterol
• To prevent getting diabetes
• To hopefully lower the dosage of my Synthroid
Benefits if I reach my goal:
• All of the above
• I will feel better about the way I look
• I will feel better knowing that I am healthy
• I will save money on medication
• I will be a role model for my daughters
• I will have more energy
Steps I need to take to get to my goal”
• Adopt a Clean Eating program
• Eliminate gluten from my diet
• DO NOT GIVE UP!
I do realize that reaching this goal is going to be a challenge with my Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. I know that I can follow all the steps and still not lose weight, in fact, I may gain weight (been there!). But I do know that if I don’t keep going, things are only going to get worse. I don’t want to imagine feeling worse than I do now.
So, here’s to persistence!