Saturday, March 31, 2012
I know everyone LOVES to hear me talk about my fitness minutes (do you hear the sarcasm here?) but I just felt like blogging. I'll also get to whine a little while remembering I did this to myself. :) I had to take a rest night on Wednesday night so I was a little behind. It's my last week of P90X and it's my "recovery" week. Although after yesterday and today there's nothing even closely remembering recovery!
It started with Thursday night. I got the Jillian Michaels Kickboxing Fast Fix DVD and did all three workouts (20 minutes each). It was harder than Kenpo X but easier than a high belt Tae Kwon Do class. That didn't make me that sore really, so I was all set for my session with my trainer at the gym yesterday.
Bryan was all ready with a vacation workout for me to do in Florida. This is what he made me do:
The first set consisted of this:
1. Forward lunge, then push off with the front foot, keep it in the air, bend over and kick that same leg out behind you as you touch your planted foot with the opposite hand. 15 times on each leg.
2. Good Mornings with a chair. Use a chair and hold it behind your head with the back of the chair keeping your neck straight. Bend over and essentially do a dead lift with the chair. Bend your knees a bit going down but the focus is on your hamstrigs. 15 reps
3. Shoulder press with the chair over your head. 15 reps
Repeat set three times
1. Regular squats going as low as you can. (15 reps)
2. Sumo squats going as low as you can. (15 reps)
2. Plank and Press. Go into a regular Yoga type plank on your hands and toes. Go down to your elbows one arm at a time, leading with the right arm first and then go back up leading with the same arm (7 reps) . Then do the same thing leading with your left arm (7 reps)
3. 15 pushups on your knees if need be, otherwise regular ones. I still do them on my knees and have no intention of doing them regularly on my toes. I'm 42 and don't have anything to prove. So there. :P
Repeat the set three times
1. Reverse crunch with praying mantis. Lay on your back with both feet in the air. Bring the feet down to about an inch off the floor with your legs straight. Then bring them back up and lift legs up to the sky, bringing your butt off the floor. Do 15 reps.
2. Weighted chops. I'm bringing my adjustable dumbbells so I can use a dumbbell for these. Squat down, leaning to the left with the weight. Holding the weight (or just a bag with a bunch of stuff inside it works too) in front of you with your arms straight. Stand up, twisting to the right and bringing the weight all the way up to your shoulders. Do 15 reps. Then switch sides.
3. Tricep dips on chair. Do 15 reps.
Repeat set three times.
HOLY CRAP! I am SO sore! I have muscle soreness in places I didn't know I HAD muscles. I hurt everywhere. Talk about a whole body workout you can do in a hotel room! And not a weight necessary if you don't have one.
Then today I had my fitness class. It's three rounds, 20 exercises of one minute each. 3 minutes of rest in between. We did jumping jacks, pushups, bicep curls, skull crushers, tires, etc.
Needless to say, I'm doing XStretch tomorrow! I need the stretching! And then I'm DONE with 90X round 2. Even though I substituted a lot of workouts I still followed the program closely and I'm so proud of myself for finishing.
Anyway, I'm paying today. I can barely go up the stairs or sit down to go to the bathroom because my legs hurt. My shoulders hurt form the pushups and planks. My sides hurt from the wood chop moves. He had me use a 12 pound bar and boy do I feel it today!
Okay, now I'm done rambling and whining and on with my day. Laundry, packing for vacation and taking the kids to my mom's to dye eggs. Then to dinner with a social group my mom belongs to and my grandparents used to belong to before they passed away.
Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone! :)