Monday, April 26, 2010
YES that is just what I tried to do..
BUT little did I know that the 'good'I THOUGHT I was doing was creating a GREAT heath problem for me.
YES I had a very busy day yesterday with work & all BUT I was taken to the emergency room cause of a 'reactin' my skin was having after working in my garden on saturday before going to work.
I had purchaced 8 bags of the red wood chips to place around in my garden to look nice.
WELL the stuff the company treats the wood chips with has a weed killer in it.
YES I wore long pants socks sneakers & I had long sleeve shirt on & heavy garden gloves.
YES I moved the chips around by a gloved hand & I racked them out too.
I didnt know the weed killer was hurting me(the dust was in contact with my clothing).
I when finished with my gardening I had to get ready for work which yes I had to take a shower which felt like the water was kinda too hot.I kept on turning up the cold water so I could finish.
WELL that shower activated the weed killer on me,I have blistered skin everywhere on me except my face which the Dr, thought was strange.
I am now on prednisone for the next two weeks,I even HAD to miss my workout this morning for no sleep last night didnt get home till almost 4am.
I couldnt even get on here to do my SP,cause of being in the hospital.
SO this BLOG is a warning to all who garden PLEASE beware of what is in the wood chips, heck even the bag never listed the what was in it the weed killer poison control contacted the Company to get them.
I was also told to beware of the mulch you get from bulk/trucked cause it may have poison ivy or oak in it.
I never used it before & NOW I am ever so sorry I did.
SO this is heads up to all!