Friday, July 18, 2014
Week 12 of the Biggest Loser Challenge 25! Several adages come to mind like “time flies when you are having fun” or “where did the time go”. Looking back I would say “time flies when you are having fun” BUT I don’t believe I would have considered the journey fun while still in the trenches of the 12 weeks.
Where did the 12 weeks go and what exactly did I do with them?
My great motivator at the onset was “A year from now, you will wish you had started TODAY.” Karen Lamb
This had a profound affect on me and launched me into what I call “the zone”. You know that zone: the one where you are so single minded that nothing can deter you from your goal. The one where you make mistakes but you get up, bush off and move on down the road to success. The one where friends support you and help you thru the rocks and the sludge. The one where you absolutely know that this journey was meant to be and you are going to finish it.
I joined the pre BLC warm up for three weeks so I am going to call my journey 15 weeks.
In 15 weeks I have:
* Lost 15.5 pounds.
* Moved out of my self destructive fog (amen sister). You know the one where you eat 2 dozen freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, wipe your hands on your bumm and completely forget what you have just done. Not to forget the 2 cups of whole milk you also downed.
* The “too small” pants that I could not pour myself into (but did anyway) now fit and BTW they are a size 10. Thinking I should have been wearing at least a 14.
* Kicked the old daily “Coke” to the curb FINALLY. Something finally went off in my head about the sludge that I was pouring into my body on a very daily basis. I AM COKE FREE!!!!
* Hiked to Elephant Rock not once but twice which BTW is a climb of 1100 vertical feet and I did it in about 90 minutes. Granted on the first one Paul was my cheerleader and I would never have made it without him pushing me onto victory. WTG Paul!
* Done 25 push-ups! Whew, may not sound like much but let me tell you my body says it is tough.
* We rode over 2,000 miles on our motorcycles in 8 days. That is a test of endurance and strength. I would never had made it thru the wind, the long days and the heat in my “previous” state of mind and body.
* Two weeks of vacation and no weight gain!! My Mom really tried but I hung on and resisted some really yummy and fattening goodies. Love you Mom!!!!
* Returned from vaca and got right back with my real life. Fresh fruits and veggies, low carb and good portions. Yahoo!!!!
* Walk and strength train 5-6 days every week. Not buff by any stretch of the imagination but my heart is much happier and so is my mind.
* You know, fruits and veggies have never been my friends and I have never been able to truly sustain eating them. I have always thrown away more than I eat and that is sad, sad, sad. NOT THE CASE ANYMORE! I have finally found a sustainable method and that would be green smoothies. Lots of yummy frozen fruit and spinach blended together and I am slamming them back.
* Met all of my goals for the round and even slam dunked some of them. Why? Because of the BLC and the Mocharitas!!!!