Sunday, December 04, 2011
I was so worried to get on the scale, because the scheduling changes this week mean much less sleep for me, and I haven't been tracking my food at all. I was actually up by 3 lbs at the start of this week, but managed to get a net loss of 0.2lbs by weigh in day. Whew! And I met my Wii Fit goal, which was the cherry on top, so now I've set a new goal on the Wii, to get to 163 lbs within 6 months. I definitely think I can do it. My new push will be to get into the 170s by New Years Day. Yay me!
Monday, November 28, 2011
1. Seeing a pt you were making jokes with yesterday, now dying.
2. Seeing the suffering of the sick.
3. Witnessing the futile hopes of the families.
4. Having to tell those families that even in the ICU, there's nothing else we can do.
5. Seeing 'til death do us part' actually happen.
6. Being helpless to stop the inevitable.
7. Performing my last physical exam and pronouncing my patient dead.
These things have repeated themselves for me more times than I would like in the past month. I remember every face and every tear. Oh, I forgot one:
8. Other people thinking that the loss of human life is something I have gotten used to. I haven't.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Today I weighed in at 185.8, which is 0.4 lbs away from my Wii Fit goal! But today something happened that I didn't expect. I felt a little chilly so I pulled my white coat closed. And then I realized, IT CAN CLOSE!!!!! Now I always wear it open, but when I first got it, I was very aware of how the other doctors' coats could close and how mine couldn't. Well starting today, it can close!!!!! Sooooo happy.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CHARIZMA207 Posts