Monday, February 13, 2012
Quick update in regards to the weekend.
- I drank eight cups of water.
- I took a rest day since I was exhausted.
- I ended up going to bed around 9:30pm, so needless to say, I got plenty of sleep.
- My boyfriend and I went out for dinner. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant. My meal probably wasn't great in terms of calories and such, but I ate slowly, and I stopped when I was full. I eating about 60% of the dish. (I usually eat way more, and I end up leaving too full.)
- Exercised for 51 minutes.
- I started my challenge: 50 crunches, 50 squats, & 50 modified push-ups.
- I cleaned the entire apartment.
- I went grocery shopping for this week.
- I ate healthy for breakfast & lunch.
- I was feeling exhausted that night, so we went out to dinner. Needless to say, I didn't do too good here.
- I got plenty of sleep.
- I drank about six cups of water.
- I ate wonderfully all day! I stayed within my calorie range.
- I batch cooked for my lunches all week. I also cut up my fruits & veggies for the next few days.
- I didn't exercise. (Boo. I did the laundry though, so I had to have burned a few calories!)
- I didn't drink my water. (Boo)
- I got about 7.5 hours of sleep last night.
Although there were a couple hit and misses, I don't feel as though I did terrible this weekend. I was able to get in some exercise. As for food, I feel like I accomplished something. I ate two bad meals this weekend - Friday and Saturday nights. Usually, I would eat out for every meal. So, I feel like I did much better than I usually would!
Friday, February 10, 2012
- I wasn't feeling great. For some reason, my left arm felt achy all day. I think I might have done something to the muscle in my upper arm since this morning, it's throbbing (not too bad).
- Since I wasn't feeling tip-top, I only got in six cups of water.
- I ate well during the day. However, my mom and I went out to eat, and I splurged a little. I went over a about two hundred calories, and I had went over about 10 carbs. Everything else was ok. The sodium was a little more than I usually have, but it was less than what SP recommends. I will have to say that I was freaking out about eating the meal, so I didn't really enjoy it. I ended up eating about 85% of it, so I saved some calories.
- I took a "rest" day yesterday. I hope I can get some energy to exercise tonight. I don't like "rest" days because I'm afraid I will fall off of the exercise wagon. Oh well, it's a part of the journey.
- I didn't get much sleep last night which is why I don't have much energy today. I got about 5 1/ 2 - 6 hours. I will be getting my eight tonight!
Other than that, everything is ok, I guess. My boyfriend and I have been having problems the last two days, so I've been an emotional mess to be honest. Yesterday, I almost gave in to the emotional eating (darn you, chips and salsa - they need to find a new home, haha), but I didn't give in. I thought about it. This was a good thing considering I had a heavy meal later on that night. If I had given in, I would have been way over my calories, and I would have ruined all the hard work I put in this week.
Anyways, on to better news: I think I am going to start a challenge for myself. Right now, I am only doing cardio as I am just trying to get into a routine. I commented on a friend's blog yesterday, and she had talked about a challenge she had completed. It was "1,000 push-ups in one month". I really liked it. This would be a great way to introduce ST into my routine. Plus, it's simple. So, I am challenging myself to 1,000 push-ups, squats, and crunches (each). It turns out that I would only have to do like 35-40 reps for each exercise every day (minus one day off a week). So, I am going to try to start that tonight.
1. Drink eight cups of water. - I only got in six. Boo.
2. Work on the Restaurant Guide.
3. No soda.
4. Eat one serving for dinner.
Thursday, February 09, 2012
Another decent day...
- I got about eight hours of sleep, give or take.
- I drank eight cups of water.
- I exercised for about 20 minutes yesterday (Zumba).
- I did well with calories, fat, protein, etc.
1. Be active for 30 minutes. - Boo. I only got in 20.
2. For 2-3 restaurants, choose 2-3 healthy items for the Restaurant Guide.
3. Batch cook/cut up veggies and fruit for the next few days.
4. Start a grocery list.
Not much really going on yesterday. I batch cooked lunches for the remainder of the week, so that's why I only got about 20 minutes of exercise. I wasn't really happy with just 20 minutes, but I got home late, and I had a lot to do before I went to bed.
So, the weekend is fast approaching which means one of two things:
A. I'm going to rock this weekend.
B. This weekend is going to be like past weekends.
I really want to rock this weekend. I've started the grocery list, so I am hoping to go to the store on Friday night. My boyfriend is working on Saturday morning, so it should be easier to get in some exercise and a healthy breakfast (possibly lunch too!). My batch cooking yesterday has lunches set up for me until Sunday. So, I feel like I can rock it, but there's a small part of me that's afraid I won't. However, I remember how I felt last weekend when I ate bad food and felt dehydrated, so that should motivate me to do well. Plus, I am ready to lose this weight and be healthy.
Lastly, my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first child within the next couple of weeks. When this happens, I will be heading to GA to see my niece/nephew. So, I need help planning how to stay on track while I am gone. I'm not sure how long I will be gone for (probably a few days), but I am trying to prepare now, so when it happens, I won't be stressed out. So, when you go out of town, what do you do to help you stay on track? (As far as I know, I won't be staying at a hotel, so I won't have access to a gym.)
Thanks in advance! Have a great day!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Tuesday was a pretty good day. Here's why:
- I drank ten cups of water.
- I exercised for 71 minutes (Zumba).
- I was within my range for calories, sodium, fat, carbs, and protein.
- I slept for eight hours last night.
- I can almost walk again. My thighs have been SO sore from the SuperBowl workout.
- I feel smaller.
I wish TOM would go away! I'm not having any food cravings (except on Monday for the chips and salsa); I just don't have a lot of energy. After having cramps all day, I really don't feel like going home to exercise. However, I am pushing my way through it.
So, the last two weekends, I have been really bad about just eating whenever, whatever I want and not exercising. So, after receiving some great advice from all of you, I briefly talked with my boyfriend about this weekend. I said that Friday nights are going to be my "cheat nights", so I don't feel deprived of food. I'm going to try to stay mindful of the portion though. We usually go out on Friday nights, so he said that will be ok. I also asked him to help me compile a list of places we like to eat. OURMAMAM (thank you!) had suggested I do this. If the restaurant has a website, they usually have nutrition facts on their meals, and my job is to figure out 2-3 items from each restaurant that I can eat that are relatively healthy. After I compile the list, I will keep it in my purse/wallet, so that when we want to get take out, I have my handy dandy list, and it takes all the stress out of eating out. Also, I have added these items to my favorites to make tracking easier. So, thanks again, OURMAMAM, for the great advice!
I will say though that I was deeply ashamed at to how I was treating my body. I've looked up quite a few of the restaurants, and I'm appalled at the high sodium and calories. The good thing is that now I know, and hopefully, I will be able to make better choices.
1. Be active for 30 minutes.
2. Get eight hours of sleep.
3. For 2-3 restaurants, pick out 2-3 menu items for my "Restaurant Guide".
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Monday went all right.
- I drank my eight cups of water.
- My exercise: Zumba for 51 minutes.
- I got eight hours of sleep last night!
- I did well with calories.
Here's the reasons why Monday was just all right:
- Hello, TOM.
- Hello, Cramps.
- Hello, Irritation (mood).
- Hello, Cravings (chips & salsa!), but I didn't give in.
- Carbs were a little over.
- My boss snapped at me yesterday.
- I couldn't walk or get up due to the 150 squats from the Super Bowl. This made exercising difficult, but that's ok. I am glad I did it.
Other than the above, it was pretty good. Sunday, I had batch cooked some of the lunches for the week, and I cut up all the fruits and vegetables as well as measured oats for the first part of the week. Needless to say, I was able to relax last night after working out and cooking dinner.
Here were my goals from yesterday:
1. W1D2 of C25K. - This did not happen as it was rainy and nasty out. Also, I am really not sure if I am ready for this program after my first encounter, so I am thinking about waiting a month or two before trying again. I don't want to give up though. I want to be a runner.
2. Get eight hours of sleep.
3. Fix Tuesday and Wednesday lunches.
Hope every one has a GREAT Tuesday! Eat healthy, get some exercise in, and get some sleep!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CHANGINGSAM Posts