Thursday, February 09, 2012
Another decent day...
- I got about eight hours of sleep, give or take.
- I drank eight cups of water.
- I exercised for about 20 minutes yesterday (Zumba).
- I did well with calories, fat, protein, etc.
1. Be active for 30 minutes. - Boo. I only got in 20.
2. For 2-3 restaurants, choose 2-3 healthy items for the Restaurant Guide.
3. Batch cook/cut up veggies and fruit for the next few days.
4. Start a grocery list.
Not much really going on yesterday. I batch cooked lunches for the remainder of the week, so that's why I only got about 20 minutes of exercise. I wasn't really happy with just 20 minutes, but I got home late, and I had a lot to do before I went to bed.
So, the weekend is fast approaching which means one of two things:
A. I'm going to rock this weekend.
B. This weekend is going to be like past weekends.
I really want to rock this weekend. I've started the grocery list, so I am hoping to go to the store on Friday night. My boyfriend is working on Saturday morning, so it should be easier to get in some exercise and a healthy breakfast (possibly lunch too!). My batch cooking yesterday has lunches set up for me until Sunday. So, I feel like I can rock it, but there's a small part of me that's afraid I won't. However, I remember how I felt last weekend when I ate bad food and felt dehydrated, so that should motivate me to do well. Plus, I am ready to lose this weight and be healthy.
Lastly, my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first child within the next couple of weeks. When this happens, I will be heading to GA to see my niece/nephew. So, I need help planning how to stay on track while I am gone. I'm not sure how long I will be gone for (probably a few days), but I am trying to prepare now, so when it happens, I won't be stressed out. So, when you go out of town, what do you do to help you stay on track? (As far as I know, I won't be staying at a hotel, so I won't have access to a gym.)
Thanks in advance! Have a great day!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Tuesday was a pretty good day. Here's why:
- I drank ten cups of water.
- I exercised for 71 minutes (Zumba).
- I was within my range for calories, sodium, fat, carbs, and protein.
- I slept for eight hours last night.
- I can almost walk again. My thighs have been SO sore from the SuperBowl workout.
- I feel smaller.
I wish TOM would go away! I'm not having any food cravings (except on Monday for the chips and salsa); I just don't have a lot of energy. After having cramps all day, I really don't feel like going home to exercise. However, I am pushing my way through it.
So, the last two weekends, I have been really bad about just eating whenever, whatever I want and not exercising. So, after receiving some great advice from all of you, I briefly talked with my boyfriend about this weekend. I said that Friday nights are going to be my "cheat nights", so I don't feel deprived of food. I'm going to try to stay mindful of the portion though. We usually go out on Friday nights, so he said that will be ok. I also asked him to help me compile a list of places we like to eat. OURMAMAM (thank you!) had suggested I do this. If the restaurant has a website, they usually have nutrition facts on their meals, and my job is to figure out 2-3 items from each restaurant that I can eat that are relatively healthy. After I compile the list, I will keep it in my purse/wallet, so that when we want to get take out, I have my handy dandy list, and it takes all the stress out of eating out. Also, I have added these items to my favorites to make tracking easier. So, thanks again, OURMAMAM, for the great advice!
I will say though that I was deeply ashamed at to how I was treating my body. I've looked up quite a few of the restaurants, and I'm appalled at the high sodium and calories. The good thing is that now I know, and hopefully, I will be able to make better choices.
1. Be active for 30 minutes.
2. Get eight hours of sleep.
3. For 2-3 restaurants, pick out 2-3 menu items for my "Restaurant Guide".
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Monday went all right.
- I drank my eight cups of water.
- My exercise: Zumba for 51 minutes.
- I got eight hours of sleep last night!
- I did well with calories.
Here's the reasons why Monday was just all right:
- Hello, TOM.
- Hello, Cramps.
- Hello, Irritation (mood).
- Hello, Cravings (chips & salsa!), but I didn't give in.
- Carbs were a little over.
- My boss snapped at me yesterday.
- I couldn't walk or get up due to the 150 squats from the Super Bowl. This made exercising difficult, but that's ok. I am glad I did it.
Other than the above, it was pretty good. Sunday, I had batch cooked some of the lunches for the week, and I cut up all the fruits and vegetables as well as measured oats for the first part of the week. Needless to say, I was able to relax last night after working out and cooking dinner.
Here were my goals from yesterday:
1. W1D2 of C25K. - This did not happen as it was rainy and nasty out. Also, I am really not sure if I am ready for this program after my first encounter, so I am thinking about waiting a month or two before trying again. I don't want to give up though. I want to be a runner.
2. Get eight hours of sleep.
3. Fix Tuesday and Wednesday lunches.
Hope every one has a GREAT Tuesday! Eat healthy, get some exercise in, and get some sleep!
Monday, February 06, 2012
- I got eight bottles of water in.
- I ate pretty good up until dinner.
- I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't get my goal of 30 minutes of exercise.
My boyfriend and I ended up skipping the birthday party. Both of us were exhausted from the week, so we decided to get Mexican, and we came home to relax.
- I only achieved one goal on Saturday: I went grocery shopping.
- I didn't get my eight cups of water.
- Since I had run out of my healthy food, I was unprepared for Saturday, so I turned to bad food.
- My boyfriend and I did some shopping, so I got some walking in.
I could definitely tell a difference on Saturday that I had messed up. Since I did not eat well nor did I get my water in, I was feeling dehydrated and crappy all day. I definitely learned a lesson.
- Again, no water.
- I ate a healthy breakfast.
- Lunch and dinner were pizza (not good).
- I got my batch cooking in! (Yay for one goal!)
I'm thankful for a new week. I'm starting fresh this morning, and I'm very happy about that. Over the weekend, I realized that my body was getting used to the healthy food and the eight cups of water. If I don't get those, I feel run down all day. So, I'm definitely glad I recognized this.
My biggest issue right now is that I do so well during the week, but I screw it up over the weekend. I realize that Saturday, I was unprepared which led to the bad decisions. So, next weekend, I am doing the grocery shopping on Friday night, so I can make better decisions on Saturday.
I live with a boyfriend who likes to go out to eat, hang out with friends, and sometimes drink. I'm having a difficult time balancing that because I feel like, if I don't do those things too, then he will get bored and upset with me. However, in the back of my mind, I feel guilty because I know how hard I worked during the week, and I want to be successful during the weekends too. I'm trying to change my life for the better. I don't want to halfway do it. He knows I am trying to lose weight, but he's always saying "Let's go out to eat!". So, I guess my question is: how do you balance having a life with also trying to lose weight? How do you deal with family members? How are you successful on the weekends?
Friday, February 03, 2012
First off, thanks to all my WONDERFUL Spark Friends for being so supportive with each blog I have written lately. Some are about good things, and some are not so good, but you all have been there through thick and thin. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! So, again, thank you!
Ok, here's my Thursday news:
Water: 11 cups. Yep. Me. I drank eleven cups yesterday. I definitely think I am getting used to it, and honestly, I feel better knowing that this is a positive change. For all my life, I have hated water. I would not drink it at all. So, I would consider it a major improvement!
Food: So, I went to my Mom's for dinner last night. The meal was yummy! It was soooo good that I almost got another plate; however, I stopped myself because I have worked VERY hard this last week or so, and I did not want to ruin it. I'm not sure if I was under or over on my calories since I wasn't exactly sure what was in the gravy. I did track the rice, grape juice, and chicken that I ate.
Exercise: I was only aiming to do 20-30 minutes yesterday since I had somewhere to go; however, I ended up doing 40 minutes of Zumba. I was tired yesterday, but I managed to get through it. Afterwards, I felt good about exercising.
Sleep: Well, I didn't get much last night. Thursdays are the nights when all the good TV shows come on, so I didn't leave my Mom's until about 11pm. I laid down about 11:30pm. So, I got about 6.5 hours. No worries though. I WILL be getting my eight hours tonight!
1. Drink eight cups of H20. (I still can't believe I got 11 in!)
2. Stick to one plate of dinner.
3. No soda. --> I did have Grape Juice although I added water to it. I didn't even end up drinking all of it to be honest. Since I am new to drinking water, I can't quite drink it with meals yet, but I am working on it!
So far, so good. I'm planning to do C25K W1D2 this afternoon, but I'm pretty exhausted from lack of sleep last night and from lots of exercise this week. I've managed to "burn" about 1400 calories this week, and my goal is only 1080 calories. We'll see about this afternoon.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CHANGINGSAM Posts