Friday, November 25, 2011
I am now almost 10 months into my SP journey and down 61 pounds with another 9 to go before I decide if I want to stop and maintain or continue losing. In that time, I have reached a level of fitness I had thought not possible for me at 55, discovered weight loss is NOT impossible after menopause, gained tremendous self-confidence, and started spreading SP principles into other areas of my life (now on a decluttering quest). In addition, I met all my summer goals (go sleeveless, wear a swimsuit, tuck in my shirt, wear a belt) and successfully lost 5% during the Fall challenge.
For the Winter challenge, I want to lose weight for these reasons:
- Prevent the holiday gain
- Reach my goal. I'm close enough to do it in the next 8 weeks.
- Wear my favorite suit (very outdated, but I'll do it anyway)
- Take more stress off my arthritic knees, back, and hips
- Prove to myself that I can do it
- Run/walk my trainer's spring 5K (mostly walk with the arthritis)