Tuesday, September 27, 2011
My sister had an MRI yesterday to see how far the breast cancer had spread. Luckily it had not. They did find a very small instance of it in the other breast though. One she definitely has to have a masectomy. Depending on the test results of the other, she may or may not have to have one there as well. She is going through with the masectomy though and will have reconstructive surgery. My older sister teased her telling her she could have any size she wanted (silicon). :) What a relief.
But since it has shown in the family, I need to get get the BRAC test done to see if I have the gene for it. If so, then it either could turn into BC or go straight to ovarian. At which point hysterectomy is my only choice. (IF I decide not to have anymore kids. I'm on the fence with that one!)
Got back on the horse today as far as eating right and working out. I was pretty bad yesterday with the comfort food eating. Of course, Jake's school is having one of those fundraisers at Chik Fil A tonight. I'll have to preview the menu to find the best choice.