Sunday, January 08, 2012
So I weighed myself this morning and as expected had a large weight loss. I lost 5.2 lbs this week bringing me to 263.4 lbs. I knew over the holidays I didn't really gain 3 lbs so after my period went away, that extra weight left too. I lost the weight I supposedly gained and then an extra 2 lbs on top of it. So now I am back on track. A little behind schedule but on track nonetheless.
I did really well this week with the exception of last Sunday and Monday. It took a couple days to really get back on track. But I hit the gym 5 times this week. If I can keep this up, I will definitely be able to hit my mini goal that I set for myself of being at 254 by 02/05/12. I am going to try. That is 4 weeks away and halfway to my birthday. I ultimate goal is to be at 242 by my birthday (03/06/12), but I will be more then happy just to be at 246. I know I can do this. If I just push myself and not give into temptation.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
I have decided to update my rewards because every 10 lbs seems too close at this point. I could very well get a reward every 4-5 weeks. So I am spreading them out based on weight loss percentage. For every 5% of my current weight I lose, I get a reward. I will also update this when I earn a reward and when it falls to the second or third page of my blogs.
1st (302.6): Pedometer - Met! 08/07/11
2nd (287.4): Workout shoes - Met! 09/25/11
3rd (273): Digital food scale - Met! 11/27/11
4th (259.4): BodyBugg - Met! 1/22/12
5th (246.4): skipping this reward but technically Met! 04/15/12
6th (234): Comforter set
7th (222.4): Weekend at the Beach
8th (211.4): New Stereo for my car
9th (201): Skydiving
10th (191): Hair dye and cut professionally
11th (181.6): Facial
12th (172.6): Boxing Lessons
13th (164) : Massage/Spa Day
This of course is a work in progress and I want to get below 164 lbs, but this is just the beginning. I have a long way to go, but I will get there.
Sunday, January 01, 2012
So I missed last weeks weigh in because I simply forgot to weigh in on Christmas day. But I weighed in this morning and found that from my last weigh in 2 weeks ago, I gained 3.2 lbs. So I am back to a total of 50lbs lost since the beginning. I am OK with it because I do not believe it is accurate. I am on my period and constipated. I still tracked it on SP but will give it a couple weeks for my body to level out.
For the passed two weeks, I have had a calorie deficit for each week but I admit I have not done great. I have eaten high in calories and have only gone to the gym 3 times each week. But it is a new week, a new month AND a new year. So I am back on track and will try for a 10 lbs loss this month. Today's weigh in was 268.6. Next months beginning weight will be 258.6 or less. Time to get on it!
Sunday, January 01, 2012
Well, I started December completely ready to kick butt. I set a goal of being at 260 by month end to start the new year and well, it didn't work out quite as planned.
Let's start with my goals: My first goal was to walk 10,000 steps every day. I did pretty well with that meeting the goals 71% of the time. I can definitely do better though. My second goal was to exercise and I met that goal 45% of the time. I am not trying to exercise everyday, so I will be making changes to this goal. I think 45% is ok, could be better. Would prefer 50% or more so that it equates to every other day, but it's good enough. My third goal was to eat less then 1800 calories a day. I met this goal 42% of the time. I definitely need to work on this. And finally, my 4th goal was to be in bed in time to get 6.5 hours of sleep each night. I met this goal 94% of the time. SCORE!
Ok. So how am I going to change my goals slightly for January. Here it goes. 2 of my goals are remaining the same. My goal is still to walk 10,000 steps each day and eat below 1800 calories. Those are not changing. I hope the only thing that changes with these goals are the percentages of meeting them at the end of the month. If I meet my steps by being more active and moving around more and eat lower in calories, I will definely lose more weight in January.
What has changed: Instead of making the goal to exercise everyday, I want to burn more then 3000 calories a day according to m Bodybugg. Bodybugg's program tells me to burn 3000 calories a day and eat 2050 calories. Unfortunately because bodybugg said I could eat 2050 calories, I kind of kept that in mind when I would go over the 1800. I am not using the bodybugg program to lose weight. I am only using it to count the calories I burn each day. So I need to keep myself in check when it comes to eating.
Also, instead of 6.5 hours of sleep a night, I have bumped it up to 6.75 hours. I know it's only a 15 minute difference, but on the nights I go to the gym, it will be tough to get to bed too early. I leave the gym at 11:30 to 11:45, am home by midnight. Then have to take a shower. I am trying to shorten the time my shower takes but I like to be thorough especially after all that sweating. So as it stand now, with the 6.5 hours of sleep, I had to be in bed by 1am. Now I have to be in bed by 12:45am in order to meet my goals. I think 15 minute increments might work for me.
This time I saved the weight loss info for the month of December to the last because I don't believe it is accurate. Anyway, I started December at 273lbs. I ended December at 268.6lbs. That is a total loss of 4.4lbs. I don't believe this is accurate because I have only pooped once in 9 days so I think I am quite backed up. And because I started my period a couple of days ago, I also think I am bloated and have a lot of water retention. I wish this all would have happened in the middle of the month so I would be able to know for sure my weight is correct, but it looks like I am going to have to wait a week or two for things to level out. If next weeks weight or the following weeks weight doesn't show a large weight loss, I will know my weight was true and accurate. If I do show a large loss in one week, I will know my body is finally leveling out.
So here is to a new week, a new month, and a new year. But most importantly, a new me! I didn't do well in November or December, but that doesn't mean I can't do well in January. Time to get back on the wagon and losing more of this weight!
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Tomorrow is January first and about 2 weeks after that, it will mark my 200th day sparking. A milestone for me. So I wanted to write a blog kind of wrapping up the year and a list of accomplishment thus far. So here it goes.
1. In 2011, I lost 53.2lbs. Unfortunately, this won't be including my recent gain that I am sure I have since I missed last week's weigh in and my next weigh in isn't until tomorrow. But the fact is, I still lost it, even if I found a couple lbs again.
2. In 2011, I have lost countless inches. Seriously, they are countless because I didn't count them. I have found that I never seem to measure in the same spot every time so I just don't measure except maybe every couple of months and it's just to see what it says. According the to tape measure, I don't lose many inches, but my clothes gets seriously baggy and pants that use to be tight are now like 5-6 to inches too big in the waist. But does the tape measure show that? No. So I say screw that way of measuring. But I do know I have lost inches. For example, I have this pair of pants that in November, at the end of my Biggest Loser Competition I tried on. I had to dance and work to get them up over my legs and hips, but could not button them. I couldn't even get the zipper to meet. There was a good 2-4 inches between the sides. I could not get it to close. I tried it on again about a week ago, right before Christmas, a month later, and I could zip them up. They weren't comfortable to wear and Lord knows I couldn't sit down, but I could zip them up. THAT is progress!
3. In 2011, I have walked more then 58 miles on purpose and tracked it. :) I know I walked more then that but I am mean on purpose where I set out to go walking, whether it was on a treadmill or outdoors.
4. In 2011, From October 7 to December 31th, I walked 789,392 steps. I got my pedometer in October and have wore it every day since. My goal was to walk 10,000 steps a day and I am glad to say that I did most days. More times then not, I made 10,000 steps. So far, to date, the most steps I took in one day was 20,800. I look forward to beating that in 2012.
5. In 2011, I got a personal trainer. I learned how to strength train with proper form. I have found that when I am accountable to someone else, I achieve much more. I have learned that even when things get hard, I can push myself. I don't give myself credit for what I can do. When 15 feels like enough, I still have a few more in me. I am still learning and look forward to continuing my sessions with a trainer throughout 2012.
6. In 2011, I have increased levels on different fitness equipment. For instance, when I first started riding the stationary bike, I could barely do level 8. Now I am comfortable at level 10 and need to up myself to level 11. When I first started using the elliptical, I could barely last 10 minutes at an easy level and low resistance, where now I can go over 30 minutes at a level 10 resistance 10.
7. In 2011, I have also grown to dislike fast food. Some fast food is good such as Chipotle and subway, but I am mow finding that Jack in the Box and McDonalds are disgusting and may never eat there in 2012. That is not a promise, more of a prediction, but we'll see what happens.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CCINDICANE2 Posts