Saturday, December 31, 2011
Tomorrow is January first and about 2 weeks after that, it will mark my 200th day sparking. A milestone for me. So I wanted to write a blog kind of wrapping up the year and a list of accomplishment thus far. So here it goes.
1. In 2011, I lost 53.2lbs. Unfortunately, this won't be including my recent gain that I am sure I have since I missed last week's weigh in and my next weigh in isn't until tomorrow. But the fact is, I still lost it, even if I found a couple lbs again.
2. In 2011, I have lost countless inches. Seriously, they are countless because I didn't count them. I have found that I never seem to measure in the same spot every time so I just don't measure except maybe every couple of months and it's just to see what it says. According the to tape measure, I don't lose many inches, but my clothes gets seriously baggy and pants that use to be tight are now like 5-6 to inches too big in the waist. But does the tape measure show that? No. So I say screw that way of measuring. But I do know I have lost inches. For example, I have this pair of pants that in November, at the end of my Biggest Loser Competition I tried on. I had to dance and work to get them up over my legs and hips, but could not button them. I couldn't even get the zipper to meet. There was a good 2-4 inches between the sides. I could not get it to close. I tried it on again about a week ago, right before Christmas, a month later, and I could zip them up. They weren't comfortable to wear and Lord knows I couldn't sit down, but I could zip them up. THAT is progress!
3. In 2011, I have walked more then 58 miles on purpose and tracked it. :) I know I walked more then that but I am mean on purpose where I set out to go walking, whether it was on a treadmill or outdoors.
4. In 2011, From October 7 to December 31th, I walked 789,392 steps. I got my pedometer in October and have wore it every day since. My goal was to walk 10,000 steps a day and I am glad to say that I did most days. More times then not, I made 10,000 steps. So far, to date, the most steps I took in one day was 20,800. I look forward to beating that in 2012.
5. In 2011, I got a personal trainer. I learned how to strength train with proper form. I have found that when I am accountable to someone else, I achieve much more. I have learned that even when things get hard, I can push myself. I don't give myself credit for what I can do. When 15 feels like enough, I still have a few more in me. I am still learning and look forward to continuing my sessions with a trainer throughout 2012.
6. In 2011, I have increased levels on different fitness equipment. For instance, when I first started riding the stationary bike, I could barely do level 8. Now I am comfortable at level 10 and need to up myself to level 11. When I first started using the elliptical, I could barely last 10 minutes at an easy level and low resistance, where now I can go over 30 minutes at a level 10 resistance 10.
7. In 2011, I have also grown to dislike fast food. Some fast food is good such as Chipotle and subway, but I am mow finding that Jack in the Box and McDonalds are disgusting and may never eat there in 2012. That is not a promise, more of a prediction, but we'll see what happens.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
I really love my bodybugg. It shows me when I am most active and even when I think I have not been active, I look at the graph and see how wrong I was. You don't have to bust your butt in the gym for 8 hours a day, just moving around and not sitting around does the trick. I work for a call center where I sit on my butt for 8 hours talking on the phone. There isn't much I can do about that, but I can get up in my cubicle and move around a little bit. I am going to have to try it. Maybe do some squats or something. But here is a screen print of my day today. I also went to the gym which you will notice at the end with the high spikes.
I tried to make the picture bigger but SP wouldn't let me. But as you can see, I burned 3400 calories today which is awesome.
Monday, December 26, 2011
So my son woke me up early this morning and I was thinking about everything I needed to do and weighing in did not make my list, so I missed my chance. I am pretty sure it is a good thing because I only did well 3 days this week. The others were absolutely horrible so I wouldn't be surprised if I showed a large weight gain. I have a week before my trainer gets back so I am going to kick some ass this week and try to at least balance out by next Monday. No gain. Loss preferably but even if I just remain the same, I will be happy.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
In 25 weeks, I have lost 50lbs! That is so funny because while I did not lose an even 2 lbs each week, on average apparently I did. Some weeks I lost 3-4 lbs, others I lost only 1 lb and I even had a gain somewhere in there. But it averaged out to 2 lbs a week.
I don't have a whole lot to say in this blog, but for anyone concerned with a small loss at any given time, just focus on the long term. It will likely average out. I started out at 318.6lbs 25 weeks ago and now I am at 265.4lbs. I still have a long way to go, but as long as I keep pushing, I will get there.
Now let's see if I can still make my goal of 260 by New Years. I have 5.4lbs to lose in 2 weeks. I think I can! I think I can!
Oh yeah, and I also purchased the BodyBugg. I will discuss more on it later with screen shots of my progress, but right now I don't have time.
As for the competition, I have not received any weights from my friends so I don't know where they are, but I am at 2.78% lost since the beginning of the competition. I lost 3.6lbs this week bringing my total weight loss to 53.2 lbs.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CCINDICANE2 Posts