Thursday, February 21, 2013
Three Statements of Gratitude each Day this week:
Day 4 3-24-13
1. I am grateful to both of my parents for the stories they told of their families--that have grounded me in my place in a greater history.
2. I am so grateful to the friends and mentors who arrived in my life, just when I needed them.
3. I am so thankful for my God, my higher being, the shared universe of souls. Thank you for your many blessings, guidance and challenges to be a better person.
Day 3 2-23-13
1. II am grateful for my 10 year old dog, Maggie--who always loves to see me. It's always good for the ego to see an adoring look.
2. I am grateful for the pedicure I received today. Red toenails rule!
3. I am grateful for the times I get to take photographs, and capture the beauty around me.
Day 2 2-22-13
1. I am grateful that in my second marriage I have found a man who is not afraid of cuddling, public displays of affection, and admiration for my work and progress on my fitness journey.
2. I am grateful that my parents' values included education and hard work -- both of which have served me well though thick and thin (economic times--that is!)
3. I am grateful for my brothers (all four) who taught me that while I might be a girl, I would still be expected me to hold my own -- giving me the desire for competition and achievement.
Day 1 2-21-13
1. I have been so blessed with my daughter (for the past 30+ years) -- joy of my life - smart, beautiful, hard-working, caring!
2. I am so grateful that I have no chronic diseases (that I am aware of) and therefore rely on no prescription drugs.
3. I am grateful that I live in Florida and enjoy 70 degree weather in February when I see others battling winter storms.
More to come . . .