Saturday, May 08, 2010
On Fridays, I will always have one or the other. Either the afternoon is slow, boring, not much to do and just counting the minutes until it's 5:00 and I will be free. OR, there is one emergency after another. Hot projects that MUST get done before I leave, some major catastrophe that must either be diverted or cleaned up.
Guess what today was? Yep, fire day! (That's the closest to fire I could find.)
Nothing life-threatening, but lots of little things that needed to be done right now. I didn't get one of my updates out and I had about 10 "reminders" that I was supposed to complete before the end of the day today. Looks like Monday is going to start off BUSY!
And here it is, almost midnight and I haven't even started menus or a grocery list or anything. Tomorrow is going to be another long day!
Friday, May 07, 2010
We had an emergency meeting for the board of directors for the baseball/softball league in my hometown. I am the secretary and thus take the notes. (I know, weird how that works, huh?) Anyway, we had to make some very serious decisions (serious for us, anyway!) and needed to be careful in our wording so that the intent was very clear. I got what our intent was and rather than having ten people trying to draft the motion, I wrote out what I thought we wanted to say (on the second motion. The first motion, we all wrote it and there are SO many crossouts and start overs. UGH!).
After I was done writing, I read the motion. There was one addition. No other changes. And that's when one of the other board members looked at me and asked "Are you a lawyer?" Nope, says I. Just an enginerd who does a LOT of documentation at work.
Third motion written in a similar fashion. Passed. Done!
But not home until 10:30! UGH...Again! It's really hard to be in bed at 10:30 (as I planned in my previous blog) when you're not even home until then! And, I'm a night person. I can't just come home and go to bed. I had to chillax for awhile first. So, now it's 11:11 and I need to go to bed. I really do plan to catch up with all of you tomorrow. Thanks for the support!
Thursday, May 06, 2010
Found the secret to doing these pushups...wait before starting the next set until my arms stop screaming at me!
I am in range on every single nutrient I track. Every one! High end on calories (yep, that's a trend), but in!!! That is a rare occurrence, let me tell ya!
Day three and no problems. Must still be in the honeymoon stage. Fresh cookies in the cafeteria? Just walked right by! Pie on my counter? Nah, don't want it (not a big pie fan anyway, so that one kinda doesn't count).
They raised the price of my sugar free NOS by about $0.80! I think that's a sign that I need to stop drinking those.
Just finished Week 3 of the Hundred Pushup Challenge! Yippee!!! Of course, i started on Week 3, so that makes it a little easier to be that far in the program! LOL! Can't feel my arms...except the tri's. They are making sure I am aware of their presence!
When you take off your socks, do you make sure they are still right side out? If not, do you turn them back wrong side in when you put them on? If you do other people's laundry, do you turn their socks in or out? It might be fun to turn all the socks inside out, just to see if anyone notices. Personally, I keep my socks right side out. If I miss one, I fix it before I put it on .
Okay, that's enough with the flood gates. Time to move on.
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Yep, that describes me! LOL! But I was referring to this blog.
Day one and I am doing pretty well on my goals. In on calorie range, exercised and my plan was to head to bed by 10:30. It is now 10:32, so time to go.
Planning on tomorrow being just as great!
Monday, May 03, 2010
Okay, maybe you weren't, but I've been mulling it over ever since I blogged about it. I've been over my calorie range for the past six days. Over on fat most of those days too, if not all. Not the best choices, I must say!
First, I had to define what it is I really want to achieve from this plan. First and foremost, I want to lose weight. Yeah, I know, we're supposed to want to get healthy first, but that just isn't the truth for me. It's second, but not first. There. I said it. I want to lose weight.
I've also noticed that I have issues sticking with one particular goal for very long. Either I get bored with it or I forget it's a goal or I get too busy to work on it. Or who knows! Maybe they really weren't goals at all, just wishes.
Lastly, I feel like I drink WAY too much Diet Pepsi and I'm starting to drink energy drinks. I don't want to get hooked on the energy drinks and I want to get unhooked from the DP. See? That's a healthy goal! Oh...and I don't get enough sleep.
Based on the items listed above, I've made the following changes/plans/goals/whatevers.
1. Changed my weight goal to lose 5 pounds by June 1. That's just over a pound a week and it's for only one month. Hard enough to make me stick to it, not so hard that I'll be a weeny and quit, close enough that I can remember it! LOL! After I hit that, I'll set a new goal to get to the 126 ultimate goal!
2. Pushup challenge - I'm doing it! I started on Week 3 and just did Day 2. That means I have just over three more weeks. Another short term goal! After the pushup goal is accomplished, I will start working on being able to do at least one unassisted pull up. One unassisted dip will be a bonus!
3. I need more sleep and most of the reason I don't get enough is because I spend so much time on Spark People. I'm not going to stop logging on. I love you guys too much! Instead, I'm going to use my time more wisely and focus on the parts I like the best. I like interacting with people on the site, so teams, blogs and comments will be my focus. That and my streaks. I'll still enter nutrition and fitness and goals. In case you hadn't noticed, I tend to be a bit competitive. Part of that has been in accumulating Spark Points. I'm just over 400 points from the highest "trophy" they currently have. I'll get that within a week or so. Pressure off. No need to read articles just for the points...not that I would ever do that! LOL!
4. Measure food. I've done a lot of the "looks like four ounces to me" thing. I'm generally not too far off, but I'm not always correct either. Oh, and I'm trying to reduce the amount of processed foods I eat. More veggies and fruits. I hardly ever hit my carb range, so I'm going to see what I can do about that.
5. Mix up the exercise. The elliptical is my cardio of choice. I'll fit in some other forms of cardio. With the warm weather coming, I can hit the sidewalks for some outside runs. And, the month of May we have a walking challenge at work. That'll help too.
That's it. Not huge, but hopefully life-changing. There are other changes that I need to make, but I can't concentrate on any more than I already picked! I'm going to have to really focus to keep these in mind!
Okay...since it's so late, I'm already slipping on the get-more-sleep goal. Gotta go and I'll spark y'all tomorrow!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARTOONB Posts