Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Yep, that describes me! LOL! But I was referring to this blog.
Day one and I am doing pretty well on my goals. In on calorie range, exercised and my plan was to head to bed by 10:30. It is now 10:32, so time to go.
Planning on tomorrow being just as great!
Monday, May 03, 2010
Okay, maybe you weren't, but I've been mulling it over ever since I blogged about it. I've been over my calorie range for the past six days. Over on fat most of those days too, if not all. Not the best choices, I must say!
First, I had to define what it is I really want to achieve from this plan. First and foremost, I want to lose weight. Yeah, I know, we're supposed to want to get healthy first, but that just isn't the truth for me. It's second, but not first. There. I said it. I want to lose weight.
I've also noticed that I have issues sticking with one particular goal for very long. Either I get bored with it or I forget it's a goal or I get too busy to work on it. Or who knows! Maybe they really weren't goals at all, just wishes.
Lastly, I feel like I drink WAY too much Diet Pepsi and I'm starting to drink energy drinks. I don't want to get hooked on the energy drinks and I want to get unhooked from the DP. See? That's a healthy goal! Oh...and I don't get enough sleep.
Based on the items listed above, I've made the following changes/plans/goals/whatevers.
1. Changed my weight goal to lose 5 pounds by June 1. That's just over a pound a week and it's for only one month. Hard enough to make me stick to it, not so hard that I'll be a weeny and quit, close enough that I can remember it! LOL! After I hit that, I'll set a new goal to get to the 126 ultimate goal!
2. Pushup challenge - I'm doing it! I started on Week 3 and just did Day 2. That means I have just over three more weeks. Another short term goal! After the pushup goal is accomplished, I will start working on being able to do at least one unassisted pull up. One unassisted dip will be a bonus!
3. I need more sleep and most of the reason I don't get enough is because I spend so much time on Spark People. I'm not going to stop logging on. I love you guys too much! Instead, I'm going to use my time more wisely and focus on the parts I like the best. I like interacting with people on the site, so teams, blogs and comments will be my focus. That and my streaks. I'll still enter nutrition and fitness and goals. In case you hadn't noticed, I tend to be a bit competitive. Part of that has been in accumulating Spark Points. I'm just over 400 points from the highest "trophy" they currently have. I'll get that within a week or so. Pressure off. No need to read articles just for the points...not that I would ever do that! LOL!
4. Measure food. I've done a lot of the "looks like four ounces to me" thing. I'm generally not too far off, but I'm not always correct either. Oh, and I'm trying to reduce the amount of processed foods I eat. More veggies and fruits. I hardly ever hit my carb range, so I'm going to see what I can do about that.
5. Mix up the exercise. The elliptical is my cardio of choice. I'll fit in some other forms of cardio. With the warm weather coming, I can hit the sidewalks for some outside runs. And, the month of May we have a walking challenge at work. That'll help too.
That's it. Not huge, but hopefully life-changing. There are other changes that I need to make, but I can't concentrate on any more than I already picked! I'm going to have to really focus to keep these in mind!
Okay...since it's so late, I'm already slipping on the get-more-sleep goal. Gotta go and I'll spark y'all tomorrow!
Sunday, May 02, 2010
It all started yesterday morning at 4:00 am. I got out of bed and got that work out in! Didn't sleep very well the night before, so figured I might as well get up...I wasn't going to get any more rest! Worked all day, including a cross-functional team meeting that I got to lead...and then go tell all of the powers-that-be why we were scrapping all of my product. Not fun.
Hurried home, took four girls to a softball game (one was playing) and then came home for dinner and primping...they primped, I Sparked...before heading out to the movie. Saw Date Night (hilarious!!). Home and in bed around 12:30am. Back out of bed this morning at 8:30. Had planned to be up at 8:00, but that didn't happen.
Started laundry, ate some breakfast, did the beginning of my cleaning. More laundry, run to the library and then my workout. Came home, deep cleaned the counters and stove in my kitchen, swept, mopped, recleaned the kids' bathroom (eleven year old boys don't get bathrooms "mom" clean), more laundry, cleaned off tables in the living room, gathered odds and ends and more laundry. Made chocolates for Bunco and then finally took a shower. Finishing touches on the house and finally sat down for about 20 minutes before folks started arriving.
Bunco was a blast! DD played and had fun. Neither of us won, but that's all right. Everyone had gone home and the house was put back together by 9:30. More laundry and Sparking and now getting ready for bed. 11:35.
My plan is to sleep until Monday. Wish me luck on that!! LOL!!
Friday, April 30, 2010
While doing my first day of pushups (finally!), I thought "why do you want to do 100 pushups in a row? Who cares?" Admittedly, this was while doing one of the grueling sets. Afterwards, I remembered why. But that one little thought snuck in!
Mulling over my plans to change my plan. Trying to figure out exactly what I want to do and for how long. Mulling is good for me, right?
Hosting Bunco in two days. To-do list is HUGE! Plus, DD is having her birthday party tomorrow. She turns 14 in 4 days. Gulp! Slumber party with three more girls. Double gulp! LOL!
Other things went through my head, but most of them were either work related, not interesting or inappropriate for this forum. Or all three! LOL!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
I am a big fan of The Biggest Loser. I like to see people work their butts off...literally! I like learning new tips about diet and nutrition. I really want to try that ladder thing they have on the show. That looks b*tchin'!!
This last week, the whole gang took off to Texas to help de-fat one of the Texas towns. I don't remember which one. While they were there, Bob went into a gym and answered questions. One of the questions referred to being only five pounds away from their goal weight and what should they do?
I listened to his answer and I'm thinking that I need to do that. It'll require quite an overhaul for me. A relook at my fitness goals/plans as well as my nutrition. It's still bouncing around in there (nothin' to slow it down! LOL!).
Watch for my Sunday blog and see what comes of it. Or doesn't!
Get An Email Alert Each Time CARTOONB Posts