Thursday, March 01, 2012
Dinner seems to be the time that it is very hard to hold on to the calorie counting horse. For starters, usually, I am with another person. I always eat more in a social situation. Secondly, if that other person cooks, they often use much more salt and fat than I would. Thirdly, if I eat in a restaurant, all bets are off.
So, n0w that we know that dinner is the disaster time, what do we do?
I am not going to become a hermit in order to eat properly. The only idea I can come up with is portion control. (but then that can insult the other person). Well, tough bananas for them if they are insulted. And then, of course, I love to cook, so I can have them to dinner. (And watch them re-salt everything -- (which actually really irritates me!!)
Just thoughts about food.....
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
I had a sore throat on Friday, but on the weekend, I actually felt okay, just a little bit under the weather and I blithely thought it was just a mini-virus or something. I even went for a 2 mile walk in the cold weather on Monday. But now I feel really sick. And I have so much to do. I was planning to stay overnight with my daughter and her new baby. But I cannot do that if I am ill. For one thing, they could get it. But also, I am up all night, congested, it is horrible.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Setting 1,23, goals for spark, and 1,2,3 goals for personal items on this blog really worked. Will try again.
1. Make spaghetti sauce
2. Fertilize rest of plants in garden
3. Sort out computer room
1. record all foods in tracker
2. go for two mile walk
3. do exercise ball workout for lower body
Monday, February 27, 2012
Monday Morning feels like a Blank Slate!!! I love being retired. I can say to myself, "what do I feel like doing today?" I have certain things I do need to do:
1. find a tax person for my mom's taxes (mine done with Turbo tax already)
2. make appointments (medical) that I have been putting off and putting off
3. water yard (it may rain, but then it may not)
Spark things to do
1. strength exercise with Coach Nicole
2. do a good long walk to achieve my 1000 minutes goal by the end of the month, which is coming soon, in fact, it is Thursday!!!
3. record all foods on tracker
4. return to this page and check off if 1-3 are done on both counts!!!
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Have sore throat and am congested. My pattern in the past with illness is to knock off exercise, but the knock off will continue weeks after I am well.
They say knowledge is half the battle. Not sure what to do. I have that sick, tired feeling. I could do a few stretches, just to keep up the habit.
Also, I am not real sick, you know, maybe this will be mild.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CAROLEE1945 Posts