Saturday, January 28, 2012
Not in mood to blog, but I read where Jack London disciplined himself to write 1000 words a day. I think it is important to do things even when you are "not in the mood"
I do use my moods for food choices. I can actually be "not in the mood" for chocolate. Sometimes I ask myself, "do I really want this now?"
Yesterday I prepared myself a lunch that was all my favorite foods, and I had eaten half of it. And really, I had had enough, so I stopped. Halfway through, ask yourself, "do I really need to eat any more of this?" Often, the answer is no.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Yes, as far as exercise goes, you simply have to have another reward from doing it. When I was walking, I got a huge reward just from looking at people's gardens, discovering new places, and taking my camera along. With winter upon us, it is so dark, I have not been doing that. But I have been walking to the market later in the day, and the reward is whatever it is I buy!!! and I am saving gas. That is another reward from walking,
I love water too, and water aerobics would be something I would like. Cannot fit it into my lifestyle at the present time. I find Coach Nicole delightful and following along with her is fun for me. I like the feeling of my arms getting stronger.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
I highly recommend this. I started Coach Nicole's seated routine this morning. I could only do the first five minutes, but it is a start. This band is much easier to use than weights. I hope tomorrow morning I can do ten minutes, the next day 15, then finally 20 which would be the entire routine. I like the way she keeps reminding me to hold the abs tight. A person really needs that guidance.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
After a really disruptive month, with my new grandchild and other family matters, I am desperately seeking Spark. Success for the day
1. did balance exercise; did wall pushups before breakfas
2. bought a exercise band yesterday at Ross
3. ate blueberries and banana for breakfast
4. spun the spark wheel, did trivia (am now getting 100%, wonder when I will get bored with it?) and did this blog
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Late sparking today, but I did remember. I used my smart phone to do the food tracker. You know what? I think it is easier to enter it that way. Not sure. Need to practice more, but then I can enter the calories away from my desk.
Success for today:
1. Light breakfast, however, I was very hungry by 11 am
2. Okay, because am going to have dinner at 5, so need to eat an early lunch.
3. Treated myself to bagel dog, but only ate half the chips. And it has been MONTHS since I have done this treat.
4. Did balance exercise and wall push up.
5. Got books from library in money-saving maneuver
Get An Email Alert Each Time CAROLEE1945 Posts