Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Goal for week with reflections on past few weeks
1. Continue with habit of garden every day, even for just five minutes
2. Return to exercise ball, even if just five minutes, remember you are trying to establish a habit.
3. Return to weighing, measuring food and doing Spark nutrition tracker.
4. Return to daily walk, again, even if only ten minutes. Just do it, Carol!!!
5. Yoga, only did it once. Please, try to remember it. It is a relaxing thing to do at bedtime.
Goal for just today and check list
1. This blog- done
2. Walk - rained out, not done
3. Exercise ball- done
4. Nutrition tracker - done
5. Clean up computer room - not done, just a bit
6. Spend one hour on craft hobby - done and fun
7. Garden- start side yard - rained out
8. Call Verizon about bill - done, went way over minutes, what a rip off
9. Start to organize tax papers - not done
10. Put away rest of Christmas stuff - not done
11. Yoga tonight before bed - did standing yoga for 5 minutes, hard
There! ----11 goals for 1/11/11
Friday, January 07, 2011
Report on yesterday
1. Went to museum with Carole to see Impressionist exhibit--lots of walking--felt like a vacation day for the first time in six months-- Starry Night painting just exquisite
2. Was aware of what I was eating even though at a restaurant. We shared a sandwich. But it was a BIG sandwich!!! -- these restaurants want to make you fat, they want to charge more, give you a bigger serving so you feel like you are getting your money's worth. Too bad Carole is my only friend willing to do the half sandwich thing. Everyone else I know wants their own. Awhile back, Jack and I met an older couple in a restaurant, their table was so close to us that we started chatting. The wife said she and her husband always split their order. What a good habit!!!
Goal for today
1. Do exercises for knee. Internet research yesterday tells me you have to strengthen muscles on both sides of the knee. If you do too much for one side, you can make your knee worse. Oh, great, how do I know? Seems complicated.
2. Record everything I eat, even if it is embarrassing. Estimate portions if I eat out.
3. Continue to work on papers in computer room.
Thursday, January 06, 2011
Not sure about yesterday's calories, but, for sure, they were a lot. That is okay. At least, I recorded everything, every single thing, and that is a good start for sure. I just took a chance and used someone else's calories for an enchilada dinner I had last night. Since it is a standard dinner for me (homemade) I need to really measure and figure out what one of mine would be. So my calories are not accurate for yesterday, but probably in the ball park.
Goal for today: am going out with a good friend; she is not a big eater, so we can share a sandwich.
I want to keep my habits even though I do not have time for them, so just do a tiny bit.
1. Did just one exercise with ball this a.m.
2. Last night too tired to do yoga before bed, but at least I remembered that I wanted to do it. That is a start in establishing a habit.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Goals for the day
1. Enter all foods eaten in nutrition tracker. 300 calories breakfast, 300 lunch?
2. Learn one new computer function. Focus: bookmarks
3. Do 20 minutes of exercise ball. Set timer. Focus: legs
4. Do 20 minutes of gardening: Focus: Weeds
5. Take mom to doctor appointments. Focus: calm'
6. Organize papers from 2010. Focus: tax papers
7. Do yoga before going to bed. Focus: standing poses
What about your walk? go up and down stairs putting away christmas items
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
OVERALL GOAL--ESTABLISH NEW HABITS, even if just do half
1. Do exercise ball - 15 minutes- ------did five minutes
2. Organize papers in computer room - in morning when mind is at its best
2a. Do ten minutes of gardening EVERY Day ------ did three minutes
3. Appointments 10 am, 11:30am
4. Put away Christmas items in subbasement (exercise going up and down stairs)
5. Record foods in nutrition tracker, breakfast, and lunch for sure. Try for dinner too
6. Use Spark analysis at end of day on food journal page.
7. Do yoga before going to bed.
8. Check back to these goals, and check off if done.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CAROLEE1945 Posts