Monday, August 29, 2011
1. Institute 300/300/dinner plan. 300 calories for lunch; 300 for breakfast; and don't worry about dinner??? hmmmm....this will be a work in progress
2. Add to morning routine: After shower, while waiting as hair air dries a bit before I can blow dry it, do strength exercises. And do balance exercises.
I already have Spark into a routine. I get coffee, go to the computer, and do spark. If I do not do this, it feels strange, just like it feels strange not to take a shower or brush my teeth.
1. Went out for lunch with a group, ordered cole slaw instead of fries, ate only half of the tuna melt sandwich, had water instead of coke.
2. Went out for pizza for dinner, ate only 3 pieces instead of normal 4. A small pizza and usually two of us finish it off. This time there were two pieces left over. This is a start. My goal had been to only eat two slices of pizza. Had big salad first.
Did not feel stuffed afterwards on either of these eating out trips.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Thanks for commenting on my search for the perfect brown rice. What I mean is this: every time I try to cook it by itself, it sticks, it is too hard, or too mushy, and it does not taste that good. So, I was looking for a special recipe that would make it taste better.
The recipe on All Recipes has you put it in the oven, an idea I liked because then I thought it would not burn. (But golly, it almost did.) It has a can of beef broth and a can of french onion soup instead of water. No wonder it was way too salty. I guess I could replace the broth with water. I am an experienced cook, and I should have known it would be too salty, why did I just follow the recipe blindly?
We must always use our own judgment, with "facts" we find on the internet, too!!
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Well, I am trying a brown rice recipe tonight. Yes, eventually, will change to w w pasta, but at the moment the thought of it really does not appeal!!
Later-- got the recipe from a website called All Recipes, and many, many people rated it as excellent. Well, it was WAY TOO SALTY. I guess this shows that my tastes are different than the majority. I will have to find recipes on Spark People instead. Does anyone have a good recipe for brown rice?
Friday, August 26, 2011
My goal is to lose six pounds by October 1, 2011. Is that unreasonable?
How to do this: Limit breakfast to 300 calories, lunch to 300 calories, and really how could a regular dinner ever be more than 1000? That would give me 1600 for one day. I must increase the fiber. I did this yesterday and I feel so much better today, digestive wise. Besides making me feel better, fiber does help with keeping calories down. I do love white bread, but just to substitute the "double fiber" bread, which really does not taste too bad, wow, it makes a huge difference both in how full I feel and in how well my body works. It is easy to get the fiber from fruits, they are so delicious. But switching to whole wheat pasta??? no way.....
Thursday, August 25, 2011
I weighed myself (finally!) and I had gained back 1.5 pounds that I really thought I had lost. On top of that, I put on some regular jeans (I have been wearing knit jeans that are so comfortable!!) and they were too tight, very uncomfortable, but I wore them anyway to remind me of my goal. But maybe that was stupid because it made me feel like it is impossible to ever fit into them again. I could hardly wait to take them off and put my pjs on, so I got ready for bed at 8pm!!!
How to get out of this feeling?
1. Remind myself that I have been going for walks almost every day. Even if I do not lose, they make me feel good, and I have the motivation of strengthening my bones (got a bad bone scan from dr)
2. Remind myself that I actually was able to substitute a veggie burger and cole slaw for a regular burger and fries. That was a HUGE change because that place (the Bullshead - what a name!) has the absolute best burgers and I have been going there for 20 years!! Even if I do not lose weight, this is better for my heart.
3. Remind myself that I have been consistent in doing this blog and recording calories in the food tracker. Even if I do not lose, it is fun for me to do this.
I am not going to weigh myself for another month. I will put those jeans away. I will just keep trying to make these significant changes in my lifestyle.
Get An Email Alert Each Time CAROLEE1945 Posts