Saturday, July 05, 2014
I recently learned this "Breathing Therapy":
1) Exhale for a count of 4 - to empty your lungs of all the old air.
2) Inhale for a count of 4 - to start, lay on your back with one hand on your stomach and the other on your chest. When you breathe in, your chest should rise, then your stomach. To make sure you are breathing full, and not just upper lungs only, or shallow breathing. You can then learn to do it standing or siting upright, etc. - filling the upper AND lower lungs!
3) Important part: hold that breath for a count of 4 - to allow your body to use up the oxygen that you just took in! Try to focus on sending the oxygen to various parts of your body - where there is pain or health issues.
4) Exhale for a count of 4, to empty your lungs of the old air.
Repeat several times!
You might feel dizzy from doing this - mainly because the brain is not used to all that OXYGEN!
Do that first thing each day:
- before getting out of bed
- when feeling stressed
- when in any situation where you're not feeling relaxed or having difficulty concentrating..... = OFTEN!
I struggle with "Anxiety" and with keeping my "FOCUS" where it should be.
We read in Hebrews 12 "fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of your faith... so you won't grow WEARY and lose heart."
Circumstances and people will distract us - it's so good to just step back, practice "Breathing Therapy" - breathing in the very thought that Jesus is the air we breathe....
"EXHALE" out the stress
INHALE in the very breath of God!
HOLD on to God's unchanging hand!