1,000-2,499 SparkPoints
CANDYCEBARTON's Recent Blog Entries

Little Things

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's funny how the littlest things in life are the hardest things to ask for. My family is going through a rough spot. We need prayers but asking for it is so hard. When you ask people want to know why you need prayers or what they are praying for. I'm sure some have good intentions but most are doing it just to be nosy and confirm their suspicions that they are in a better position than you are. I'm not trying to be mean or cruel but its just how people are. I don't want to go into specifics but we really need prayers that things will fall into place for us.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

POSEY440 10/21/2010 3:24PM

    I know that God knows what you need and you can pray for that need without knowing the details he knows everything. SO there prayers are effective no matter how it is done. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
KEBRIANNA 10/20/2010 11:15PM

    My prayers have been sent up for your family. I asked that God reach out and meet the needs of you and your family right there where you are.

I am also going through some very difficult things right now, but through it all "Never Give Up" has resonated with me. Whatever the battle is just know that you will win if you simply refuse to give up. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
CANDYCEBARTON 10/20/2010 10:19PM

    Thank you very much :) You have no idea how much that means to me!

Report Inappropriate Comment
BEATLEFANWENDY 10/20/2010 10:18PM

    stay positive always. No matter what. Repeat to yourself "It will all work out". believe and it will be true.
Be good to yourself,

Report Inappropriate Comment
AVOPAT3 10/20/2010 10:14PM

    Everyone can use an extra Prayer every now and then, Hoping things fall into place for you and yours, and many more Prayers to come your way!

Report Inappropriate Comment
TIATELI3 10/20/2010 10:10PM

  Don't know you but I pray that things fall into place for you and yours. Be blessed.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Rare Treat

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So last night I got a rare treat. My husband home. He gets to stay until tomorrow night and I am excited. This morning I was laying in bed watching a movie and playing on my computer while he laid in bed and slept. When he actually does get to sleep in his own bed I have decided he can sleep forever, so I generally just hang out in there with him until he wakes up. Luckily for us the kids have today off of school as well so we weren't disturbed by the alarm clock either.

As I looked over at him sleeping I thought about how lucky I am that I get my husband at home in bed with me even though its not often. I will have him here for at least one holiday, Thanksgiving or Christmas, this year. I get to talk to him on the phone daily, and even if he isn't at home with me a lot of times he is able to visit family on his travels. That makes us lucky. It reminded me of the thousands of American soldiers and their spouses and families that will not get to see their loved ones for even one holiday this year. They are instead over seas fighting a war that they may or may not agree with but they do it anyway because they signed up to defend their country and that is what their country has asked of them. They are selfless. They don't hesitate to put their own lives on the line to make certain that I can sleep in my bed, eat the food of my choosing, and watch my movie while my husband snores softly next to me. They do it for me, someone they have never met and probably never will meet.

I often make certain to drop a letter or card in the mail for a soldier somewhere fighting for me. I ask my girls to do it as well and they are always so eager. I am thankful for that as well. I am so grateful that they realize the importance of thanking someone for doing such a selfless act for them. I am thankful that they realize the importance of our troop and they give them the respect they deserve. I have witnessed my eight year old walk up to perfect strangers in the airport and thank them for keeping her safe, by the way every time we go to the airport we see a lot of soldiers heading either home or too their deployment. It brings tears to my eyes every time this happens, not only that she is thankful, but that they ALWAYS take the time to say your welcome and show appreciation to her as well. I can't personally thank every single soldier or write a letter to every single one but I can sure as heck try.

I would like to ask every person that reads this blog to stop and write a letter or send a holiday card to a soldier, not one you know or already communicate with, but one that you have never met. There are many of them out there that never get a letter or a package, how disheartening that must be for them! Even if you don't agree with the war or our current government or whatever, realize that they are there doing their jobs, doing what is asked of them. They deserve our respect. If you don't know where to find a name of a soldier that doesn't receive much if any mail let me know. I have lists and lists of them. If you would like to make a care package they appreciate that as well. They love cards, letters, snacks, magazines, anything really to let them know that they are being thought of.

Thanks again.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

LASARRE 10/19/2010 11:40AM

    Great Blog! Glad you are getting to spend some time with him.

Report Inappropriate Comment
EWYLIE12 10/19/2010 10:31AM

    WOW! That's powerful! My husband gets to be here this Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's usually overseas. (Marines) That's awesome about putting cards in the mail for Troops, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen. Pretty awesome. It's nice to see a civilian actually still remembering all the guys over their fighting this useless war. Thanks! (From a Marines wife.)

Report Inappropriate Comment

I walked 8 miles today and made a friend

Thursday, September 30, 2010

So for the past week and a half or so I have been taking my girls to school and then driving over to the park and walking. I thought I was going to start the C25K but I am too out of shape. I decided that I would start walking at least 3 days a week and get my stamina up and then will start the C25K, so I wont get so frustrated and just give up.

The park I go and walk at is really nice. They have mapped out the park in different zones and tell you the distance of each zone. If you walk the perimeter of the park it is 0.8 miles. So I set a goal for myself to walk 20 miles this week. Five times around the park each morning is four miles and doing that five times a week will accomplish my goal.

Monday I walked the full 5 times around no problem. Tuesday I took our great dane, not the wisest idea, she is still going through her puppy stage, is VERY friendly, assumes that EVERYONE wants to pet her, and she still doesn't grasp the concept of the leash. So after two laps of her frightening every person in sight just by here sheer size and gaining a major blister on my hand from reigning her in I gave up. Wednesday I decided to take my overweight male pug, Bruno. He did ok until the fourth lap then he just laid down and wouldn't move. Ugh. So if you are counting I have now walked 4 miles the first day. 1.6 the second day, and (after two extra trips to the garbage can to dispose of Bruno droppings) about 3.5 miles ... 9.1/12...

Today I took our youngest pug, Ellie, I was determined to make up those extra laps, all four of them! Every day I have been out walking thus far I have passed a nice little guy that always says hi and asks me how I am doing (he walks the other way and he says hi to everyone not just me btw). Today he stopped me for a second and asked me if I work and if not if that is the reason he sees me everyday. I answered and kept on my way. On my sixth lap, and a couple of more times of passing him later, he asked my name and asked if he could walk with me. I said sure no problem. He started telling me all sorts of things about himself and we chatted for a long time while walking. I not only did my 4 extra laps but one more. A total of 10 :)

I walked 8 miles and made a new walking buddy. He asked if he could walk with me again tomorrow. I am excited not only to have someone to chat with and make the time pass by quicker but to learn from him. He is older, has a wife, has 4 children, 9 grand children, is a retired architect, is originally from the Philippines, and is very well traveled! I think that is just awesome, I love listening to stories from other people about the things they have done and seen.

I'm glad I have kept up on my exercise, it allowed me to make a friend!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

SPARKGIRL285 10/11/2010 6:29PM

    That is so awesome

Report Inappropriate Comment
RAINBOWZLPN 10/11/2010 6:22PM

    That's awesome that u have a walking pal!!!!! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
CANDYCEBARTON 10/4/2010 12:21AM

    Absolutely! I love that he is so full of information too. I could listen to his stories for hours. The only state he hasn't been too is Alaska lol. He was supposed to go there but left his passport in the car that dropped him off and by the time he got it back his flight left and he missed his trip.

Report Inappropriate Comment
KNMMOMMY 10/4/2010 12:19AM

    Sweet. A workout buddy that you have to meet up with is always a great way to keep yourself motivated for going.

Report Inappropriate Comment
VENISEW1 9/30/2010 1:38PM

    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Oops :(

Sunday, January 10, 2010

So yesterday was NOT my good day lol in dieting terms. In other terms it was probably one of the best days EVER :)

It started off with me and my daughters getting up and getting my oldest daughter ready for Saturday School. My youngest and I took her to school and came back to the house to eat breakfast and get ready ourselves. We then got in the car and drove about 30 miles northwest to PETCO to see if it was our dogs that had been found.

We arrived there about 11 when their Pug Adoption event was starting and I chatted with a few people and met some super cute dogs but the one we were waiting for wasn't there quite yet. I was able to meet the lady that is the head of the organization here and she told me that they had examined the female again this morning to check if she had had a previously broken leg since I had let them know that our missing female had had her leg broken by a car when she was younger. She told me that she did and they were pretty sure they were my dogs but they wanted us to see the male that was going to be at the adoption to confirm. We waited for as long as we could before we had to go pick up my oldest from school. I let them know I would be back in about an hour since the male wasn't there yet.

My youngest and I raced over to pick up the oldest from school, stopped at our house to grab some cash and a diet pepsi and headed back up to PETco. We got there and my youngest raced in and went right to him and picked him up and kne it was our Bruno :) We were overjoyed to say the least :)))) We stayed there for over an hour just loving on him, we weren't able to take him home yet because they want us to pay his vet bills since they got him fixed an vaccinated and microchipped. Plus they both had infections that had to be cleared up.

The head lady told me that what had happened was that a couple had went into an animal shelter not very far from our house and told them that they wanted to drop off two pugs because they no longer wanted them they only wanted their puppies and since she had the puppies they were done with them. The shelter informed them that there would be a fee to drop them since they were not registered. The couple told the person at the shelter fine then we will just let them go and they can fend for themselves. Luckily the lady at the shelter knew the people at the pug rescue and called them and they said of course we will take them. They picked them up and the female had a bad case of mastitis and they almost lost her, but thankfully they were able to nurse her back to health but for about 3 weeks it was touch and go.

They obviously were not taken care of at all why they were in the other peoples home and that saddens me so much but I am so very thankful they are found and safe and I am not going to let them out of my sight again:) That is once I get them back!

They are asking that we pay back the vet and I have no problem with that but I know there is no way that we will be able to come up with all the money at once. I am hoping they will take $500 as an initial payment to get our dogs back and then make payments over time. The reason why I say $500 is because if any stranger adopted them the adoption fee would be $250 a piece and I don't feel that we should be treated any different. They wouldn't recoup an additional vet fees if someone else adopted them and we are willing to make payments. Now it's just coming up with that $500 but my husband and I have discussed it and decided that we will sell some things or whatever to do it.

We got home about 2 o' clock and then it was laundry and cleaning and doing the dishes. I decided that since it was so late I would just go ahead and do an early dinner. I didn't totally fall off the diet wagon here either lol I made a spaghetti (I used pork sausage since that is all I had) but I did put it on whole wheat spaghetti noodles with an ounce of mozzarella.

Then the other part of my really good day happened. Right after I had finished dishing up the girls and my plates for dinner I glanced out the window and my husband was pulling up :)! He is a truck driver and had been gone for two weeks. Well on Monday my phone broke and I haven't been able to talk to him since then and I had no idea when he was coming home. It was SO nice to see him! I was the nice wife and boiled him some noodles and dished him up a plate of pasta as well and told him he had great timing LOL.

After dinner we sat and visited for a long while and then broke out Beatles Rockband and this is when I broke. We had a few beers :( oops. But I am not going to beat myself up to much over it things happen. I am a little disappointed in myself that I didn't get my 8 glasses of water in or my exercise but I will be doing double duty on the exercise today and I will be drinking my 8 glasses of water and I am sticking to the SBD. Only 4 more days til I can legally add back in a fruit and a grain. And I will be doing yesterdays and today's BCC all today.

I am glad it turned into such a good day though!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

AVEARE 1/10/2010 11:31AM

    Congratulations on finding your dogs!! That's such great news to hear :)

Report Inappropriate Comment

Day 8 down 6 more to go!

Friday, January 08, 2010

Day 8 of Phase 1 down only 6 more to go til I can start adding some fruits and grains back into my diet :)

I am feeling pretty good. Headache today and yesterday but that is to be expected. I did the 60 minute weightloss Hard # 1 from and it kicked my butt however, I loved it and felt really good about myself and not quitting (even though I didn't get through the last 3 cool down exercises because I had to pick up kids from school) I think I will do the same routine tomorrow it had me sweating! I also did the Bootcamp Challenge work out today :)

I have lost 5 pounds this week, I'm sure most of it is water weight but that is fine by me it's still extra weight I didn't need. I don't feel like my clothes are fitting any different yet but hopefully soon! I am hoping to lose another 5 pounds this week :) but we will see. I have noticed that my flexibility is getting better and I am SUPER excited about that. Maybe my hips will quit popping out of place and hurting lol.

Less than 17 days til my Bestie Friend gets here SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Good luck all this weekend I know sometimes weekends are the hardest! emoticon

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

SOBERSUGARHED 1/10/2010 11:27AM

    what is your food plan??

Report Inappropriate Comment

1 2 3 Last Page