Thursday, June 23, 2011
Why you wouldn’t want to sign up for the summer 5% Challenge!
1. you don’t want to meet any good people
2. you don’t care to be supportive by fellow team member
3. you don’t want other cheering you on and applauding when you lose some weight
4. you don’t want other to help you figure out why you still on a platuide
5. you don’t want to know other secret to success
6. you don’t need any more motivation on your journey
7. you don’t need to learn any more healthy way to eat
8. you don’t need a reason to exercise
9. you don’t need a push on a bad day
But this team really does challenge you and I think it help with my great lose on spark so far. If you anything like me you have problem with summer weight gain. So take the plunge stop by the 5% page and see if you can see yourself doing it. I would love you on the cats team but all the team in the challenge are great.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
I wrote a letter to my future self earlier now a letter to me now
Karen you are approaching 160 . You need to change now so what the plan?Well what have you learn on all your challenges that work for you? No excuse what the plan.
1. Water I need to drink some water
2. Exercise morning and night even if night is only a 15 min video your buses will be coming in a little earlier you can give mom time after the exercise is done
3. . You not going to panera unless it just to drink some coffee
4. You are going to learn from all your spark challenges NOT JUST THE EASY ONE
5. YOU ARE GOING TO START TAKING YOUR VITAMINS YOU KNOW THAT WORK FOR YOU IN the THE PAST
6. NO MORE MACDONAld hamburger I don’t care if they are small they are killer for you because they led to other food
7.NO MORE potatoes chips I don’t care if they are small they are killer for you because they led to other food
Okay Karen we are now ready to kick some #####.
"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."
"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
"I'm allergic to food. Every time I eat it breaks out into fat."
~Jennifer Greene Duncan
"To lengthen your life, shorten your meals."
"I'm not overweight. I'm just nine inches too short."
Eating healthy and losing weight is not just about looking good. It's about your health and the quality of your life. It's about getting your body to perform at top efficiency, maintaining your energy levels, having normalized blood pressure, and preventing heart attacks, cardiovascular disease, and other ailments that can threaten your life if you don't take your health seriously.
It is the perfect time now to reflect on how far you have come, make some new short term goals and get organized to make sure you are prepared and you will reach those goals!
Everything that you eat counts.
Eat slowly and mindfully.
It's ok to say no to people who offer you food that you don't want.
“Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.”
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response."
"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud."
~Maya Angelou (Letter to my daughter)
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Day 14 of the 30 Day Push Challenge!!!
I have time on my vacation and am now home,.
One positive thing I did : I made sure ?I did some exercise in the hotel pool before we left for Windsor,
I am grateful for: my wii, my free on demand exercise video, and for my computer all of what help me with my weight loss.
Nutrition -I am home and will start really watching my food tomorrow.
Fitness - 4 day a week of wii fit plus and 3 day of exerbeat . Swap the hotel swimming pool for the wii this week but will do my wii tomorrow
Motivation –today I been motivated and now home with my computer watch what I eat and to exercise at the hotel
Mini Challenge from the blog: what is the part of my part of my body that I am the most self conscious about? I am really not that self conscious of any part of my body .Maybe because of my speech defect and being made fun of it for so long my look never really bother me.
Challenge #2: One person I thought of when I read this part of today's blog is my sister. She is so self conscious of her look that she don’t believe the wonderful person she is.
Four things come not back—the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, the neglected opportunity. ~ William Hazlitt.
Awake, arise! the hour is late!
Angels are knocking at thy door!
They are in haste and cannot wait,
And once departed come no more.
~ Henry W. Longfellow
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. ~ Demosthenes
Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of success that may come to-morrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will have a joy in overcoming obstacles—a delight in climbing rugged paths which you would perhaps never know if you did not sometimes slip backward, if the road were always smooth and pleasant. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost. ~ Helen Keller.
There are seldom. If ever, any hopeless situations, but there are many people who lose hope in the face of some situations. ~ Zig Ziglar
I'm so fat that...
When I dance I make the band skip.
My cereal bowl comes with a lifeguard.
When I go to the zoo the elephants throw me peanuts.
My graduation picture was a aerial photograph.
My driver's license says picture continued on other side.
When I ran away they had to use all 4 sides of the milk carton.
When I get in an elevator it HAS to go DOWN!
Instead of being born with a silver spoon I was born with a silver shovel in my mouth.
They have to grease the door frames and put a Twinkie on the other side to get me through.
I could become rich and sell shade.
My belly button doesn't have lint -- it has sweaters.
And you think YOU'RE fat?
Submitted by SassyLD1
Always tell the truth...it's easier to remember!!
My gym teacher told me to touch my toes. I said, "I don't have that kind of relationship with my feet. Can I just wave?"
I want to get a six-pack, but right now I have a keg!
Submitted by PyroDavid
Thursday, June 16, 2011
. Dear Karen,
you are going to get into this 10 week challenge
The pre-challenge for The Biggest Loser Summer Slimdown 2011 is to completeletter,. Write a letter to your future self to re-read in 11 weeks, at the end of this challenge. What do you think you'll accomplish? Will you have struggled with certain aspects of your healthy journey and pushed through? Answer these or any other questions in either a blog or keep it in your personal journal."
What do you think you'll accomplish?
I am hoping you are down in the 140 by now but if not hope you learn something
Remember Karen it took you 48 years to weight what you do it might take to get to a healthy weight
things you have gone during the last ten week:
- completed my your 30day blog challenge
- am doing great with your exerbeat and wii fit plus
- I hope your dog lacey is still alive and doing good but if not I hope you got through without gaining weight
- I hope you are doing good with all your team challenges and as learn much
- - hope you been there for other and Check on my fellow team members a minimum of 4 times a week.
- Will you have struggled with certain aspects of your healthy journey and pushed through?
- Karen knowing you your will weight would have gone up and down during this challenge but at the end of the challenge you will have lose weight and hopefully learn some new weight loss technique. Your computer internet will have gone up and down but you will still be doing exercise when it down,
- Rewards you get
- If you got to 150 you deserve a new wii game if you got 145 you deserve two wii game if there are no new wii game you get books.
- see you after 10 weeks of today
His idea of exercise is to sit in the tub, pull the plug, and fight the current.
I've been working out every day this week. My TV remote is broken, and getting up out of the chair 50 times a night is really tough.
The first machine the health club put me on was the respirator.
I enjoy long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.
Exercise must be good for you. My wife's tongue has never been sick a day in her life.
My wife was forced to quit her aerobics class because she broke a toe. Unfortunately, it wasn't hers.
I joined an aerobics class for overweight men. We meet in the church basement. Well, actually we were on the first floor when we started last week.
I have a new incentive to do sit-ups. I put M&M's between my toes.
He's into heavy lifting. He carries his lunch to work.
The only exercise he gets is running after the Good Humor truck.
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired – Jules Renard
The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, others willing to let them – Robert Frost
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift – Steve Roland Prefontaine
Those who believe they can do something are probably right – and so are those who believe they can’t – Unknown
People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily – Zig Ziglar
Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. – Charles Richards
There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you only do it when its convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuse, only results. – Kenneth Blanchard
Know the true value of time; snatch, seize and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness…never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. – Lord Chesterfield
A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn’t will find an excuse. – Stephan Dolley Jr.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Day 11 and 12 and 13 days of the 30 Day Extreme Push Challenge!!
I am having a great time on my vacation. I am learning to love Michigan and that hard to says as a Clevelander.
One positive thing I did : I swim for extra 15 min when mom and sis left the pool
I am grateful for: my mom and sis and the wonderful vacation WE ARE HAVING
Nutrition -I am AWAY FROM HOME BUT I AM STILL WATCHING MY DIET TRYING TO GET FRUIT AND to get veggie in
Fitness - 4 day a week of wii fit plus and 3 day of exerbeat . Swap the hotel swimming pool for the wii this week
Motivation –today I been motivated watch what I eat and to exercise at the hotel
MINI-CHALLENGE #6 This blog is going to be about taking hardships or negatives that have happened in your life and looking on the bright side Even the most negative things can be turned into a positive by helping other people who are going through the same problems/making them feel like they are not alone.
These negative things could be anything. Did you get passed up for a job? Fired from one? Get bullied as a kid? Went through depression? Gain weight? Get seriously injured? Even though all these things are painful, we can look on the bright side of everything. At the very least, we can help other people get through similar problems. It's so crazy how we can help change people's lives in ways we never thought possible! There is strength in numbers.
Yep, I got bully as a kid. I was born with a speech defect and that cause all the kids not a just few to call me name and make fun of most of my growing up years. But in fact it still happen today come time. But the bullying make me stronger and I believe it why I blog so much. I believe blogging spill out thought I never could do verbally because people might laugh at me. This in turn help some of my friend on spark because it let them get their feeling out too.
Points to Ponder
• My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 years old and we don't know where she is.
• The only reason I would take up exercising is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
• I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.
• I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
• I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
• I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.
• If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
• And last but not least: I don't exercise because it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.
Motivational one liner
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy - I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."
Never give up what you want Most, for what you want at the Moment!!
It took years to get fat, it's going to take some time to get slim
Excersize is like mouthwash, if you can feel the burn it's working"
"Better to let it go to waste than to my waist"
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"
Get An Email Alert Each Time CANDOK1260 Posts