Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I decide to try the flex diet by The FLEX Diet, by James Beckerman, MD. Beckerman divides the diet into three stages: Today; Every Day; and Your Way. The idea is that the plan is totally flexible and adaptable, so that you can create your own plan - one that fit you. There are 200 different Solutions listed in the book (scientifically valid things you can do to help you get in shape, be healthier, and maintain your momentum and motivation), and he explains each one in detail. But you don't do everything all at once, either. That's why there are three stages.
clearly I am on "Today."
So, what's "Today"? It's two weeks of making tiny changes to your habit, incorporating a few new ideas, building a support system, and other things like that. There are 31 Solutions listed here, for the today stage Here are the Solutions and my thoughts/responses/notes on them: This program is very similar to spark and why I like it.n
1. Commit yourself by taking a photo.
I donít take picture but it suggest you could on your phone and I think I will
2. Join a support group. Well that where you come in. You are my support group especially my different t team. .
3. Use automated reminders.
I think daily spark kind of do this.
This is a service that lets a bunch of people all get the same text message. I rather not do this.
5. Get a commitment from your significant other. I donít have significant other but mom and m,y sis does help with this.
we're independent types and partly because then we know where our food's been. Okay, getting way off-topic here. I can write about our ideas for our future in another blog post.
6. Find a weight-loss buddy. Well, I serval of these on spark and I occasinly workout with my familty
7. Follow people who inspire you on Twitter.
finally started a twitter account
I usually blog on spark
10. Call your doctor.
I donít need tio call my doctor she is aware of my life changes
11. Weigh yourself daily.
I weighty myself on the wii every day.
weight and adding a trend line to see just how things are really going. (Then again, I'm a nerd; you might not find it so much fun!)
12. Warm up.
I do warm up every day.
13. Keep a food diary. I am learning to keep a food diet.
I already do this here on SP, which is awesome. I'm just going to add times for my meals in the Nutrition Tracker Notes, and I'll add what I drank in the notes, as well.
14. Drink six glasses of water a day.
I usually drink 6 cups of water a day.
15. Take a multivitamin.
I been taking one for awhile.
16. Get your calcium.
I take calcuim..
17. Consider taking fish oil. I consider it awhile back it make me sick/
18. Look into probiotics.
I donít take probiotics/
19. Try taking whey protein after exercise.
I do this . I eat breakfast what include in the morning after exercise In the evening after exercise I east yogurt.
1. Don't use exercise as a punishment. Not a problem I love exercise especially on thew wii,
2. I canít eat nuts.
23. Apples. I eat apple a lot.
I eat grapes especially red one.!
25. Greek yogurt.
I haven't tried this yet. I want to give it a try, though; there is so much protein in Greek yogurt, and I can mix it in my smothies.
26. Flax seeds.
I canít take seed.!
27. Pine nuts.
I canít eat nuts.
28. Enjoy 100-calorie snacks.
I tried to watch my snack calorie.
29. Don't overdose on energy bars.
4. I donít eat any energy bar.
So, that is in core of my food plan. This is what I will do for two week and then . it'll be on to the "Every Day" stage.