Thursday, July 24, 2014
I am currently in the "maintaining" stage of my life long journey to stay healthy and fit. With some trial and error I have truly found the right weight for me, the weight that my body AND mind has decided is right for me! This stage of my journey hasn't been easy and I have a greater appreciation for what it means to be healthy and fit. The following things help me maintain my weight, continue to move me forward, and stop me from looking back!
1. Don't stop exercising! Evolve and continue to challenge yourself everyday, every week. Consistently is key!
2. Eat more or less the same food all the time. Yup, that's right. I basically eat the same thing every day, of course there are times I deviate, but 90% of the time it's the same thing day in and day out!
3. Minimize the amount of TV you watch. If I watch an hour a day, that is lot for me. Get active, go outside, prep meals, catch up on sleep or read a book. Just get away from the TV!
4. Stop trying to be perfect! NO ONE IS PERFECT, NO ONE! Don't look at things as black and white, instead, find that balance and live in it.
5. Ditch cheat days. In my opinion, cheat days = binge days.
6. Food is meant to fuel your body, but you should also enjoy it! Eat foods you enjoy, there are so many great food choices and recipes out there, experiment and enjoy your food.
7. Have positive support. Ditch the Debbie downers and surround yourself with only positive people!
8. Focus on actions, not outcomes. Write down some actions you can do on a weekly basis and strive to complete them.
9. Stay away from the 'quick fix' approaches. Take one day at a time, focus on life long not a set day.
10. Embrace your awesomeness! You will slip up, and when you do remember #4, you aren't perfect but you are awesome and you are strong!
11. Listen to your body. Your body really does know what's best. Listen to what it has to tell you. It knows when you are tired and need rest, it knows when you are truly hungry, it knows what foods it likes best and which ones you should cut back on!
These things work for me, and maybe they can encourage and work for you!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Wow, has it really been over two years since I have blogged! Well looking over my 2012 goals, I did pretty well.
1. Complete a 10K: check, and I also completed the tough mudder! Yah me!
2. Get ACE certified: this is a work in progress, I did become a Madd Dog Certified Spin instructor!
3. Get more involved in the local community: I think my husband and I do a pretty good job volunteering our time to various organizations and functions!
4. Continue my healthy lifestyle and be a good role model for my kids: healthy lifestyle is different for everyone, but to me it is making myself accountable for my choices and I do that! As for being a good role model to my kids, they think I am awesome, and that is all that matters!
So new goals, ummm, let's see...
1. Be myself: Sounds easy enough? Well, it hasn't always been so easy for me. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I used to let the haters get me down, and yes, I have several haters. But over the last two years I have worked on letting those haters go and letting the lovers in. I am who I am, and I refuse to change who I am for anyone.
2. Move forward: I really want to continue moving forward, evolving and advancing! I will continue to educate myself with all things fitness and nutrition. I want and need to continue challenging myself mentally and physically. As most of all, I want to keep my family moving forward with me!
3. Attend the WSSC (World Spinning and Sports Conditioning) Conference: This kinda goes along with #2! If not this year, next year I will subject myself to this conference which provides numerous educational fitness and nutrition workshops. I can't wait to soak up the intel! My only hurdle this year is the time and money it required to attend :( But until then, I will continue to look for things closer to home!
4. Complete a 1/2 marathon: I can't believe I am putting this goal down. I always told myself, 10k is the max I would want to run, no way I will ever do anything else. But here it is, my 10k went so much better then I could have ever imaged that I found myself wondering, pondering, what's next. Well here it is, now written, set in stone, I will attempt a 1/2 marathon sometime in the near future. Yikes, since I refuse to run in the cold and the weather here in western NY is still crappy, I will need to get my butt in gear if this goal is going to happen this year!
Time to do this! Ending with one of my favorite quotes...
'Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition" -Marilyn Monroe
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
Yet another year, yet another set of goals!!
So I did pretty well in 2011, I'm not going to waste time going over all my 2011 goals, after all, I know what I accomplished and what I still need to work on!
So here they are, 2012 goals!
1. Complete a 10K!
2. Get ACE certified!
3. Get more involved in my local community!
4. Continue my healthy lifestyle and be a good role model for my kids!
1. Completing a 10K, ugh, I must say I have gotten to like running, I can do a solid 5K now in about 30 minutes. But, it's time to push myself to the next level, and for me that's a 10K!
2. I have wanted to become a certified trainer for awhile now, and with the support of my own personal trainer think this is the year to do it. I can't wait to have my own clients and help them with there own fitness goals! I can't say enough about my own trainer, she is amazing, and I owe so much to her! Her no bullsh!t attitude is what I needed to kick my butt in gear! Now it's my turn to pass on the knowledge I have learned from her and maybe, just maybe, I can change a life or two!
3. My mom recently won an award for the work she does restoring old run down houses in a community that doesn't have the best reputation. Her focus isn't on the re-building of the houses, but more on re-building the community she lives in. She has made such a difference, and I want to do the same. I plan to volunteer more and join more organizations that I feel can really make a difference!
4. Lastly, I want to continue to be a good role model to my kids. Encourage them, love them, and be there for them for as long as I can be. And for me, that means taking care of myself, and getting them to understand how important it is to live a health active lifestyle!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
So a couple of weeks ago, I decided to start a journal. I have always wanted to start documenting my day, thought it would prove helpful, getting all the good, bad and ugly on paper, hoped it would clear my mind, get me ready for the new day.
Well I thought and thought about that strategy and realized, why would I want to document all that stuff? To go back and read about how much life frustrated me at times? To go back and reflect on things that made my angry? Doesn't make much sense, so I have taken a new approach, I DID start a journal, but instead of writing about everything in my day, I am writing about only the good in my day. Finding the positive in the negative. I have been working on it for about two weeks now, and I have to say, I feel great! Now I can go back and read about all the wonderful experiences that have either educated, motivated, or humbled me in some way. The things that make me truly happy!
I found this quote under the motivational section on this website, and it is my new motto!
"A great obstacle to happiness is expecting too much happiness." Meaning = Appreciate your life for what it is, without any more thought to what it is not. Remember that happiness is a state of mind, and not a destination that can ever be reached. The only thing that can “make” you happy is yourself.
So now if or when my kids read my journals they will see all the awesome, beautiful memories and experiences I had, and know that those happy memories and experiences steamed from the love and caring I received from my family and friends!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
So life has been a little crazy recently. I don't think my hubby or I have a single night free for the next 6 weeks!! It's all good though, I realize more and more how fast life goes by, and I am determined to make the most of mine. So yeah, I sometimes don't love getting up at 5am to get my butt to the gym, but darn it, I do feel great after a good workout! I sometimes don't want to go to work, but darn it, I am lucky to have such a good job so close to home. I sometimes don't love getting home until 7pm, but darn it, I do love teaching gym classes, and helping others reach there goals. I sometimes don't love driving my kids from place to place, but darn it, I do love how happy they are after a fun night at tball or brownies or whatever it is they are doing!
So yeah life is a bit crazy, busy, stressful, and a struggle sometimes, but at the end of the day, I realize it is all worth it! Life is short, and I don't want to miss anything!
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUDIES31771 Posts