Friday, March 30, 2012
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do
1010 fitness ninutes as of this afternoon! Wooooohoooo! Might be moving Sunday weights to tomorrow so I can spend Sunday with the boyfriend, so I may get another 40 minutes in before the end of the month!
5k run, feeling strong and happy. Thanks, strength training! Now I actually enjoy running!
There is a mega (OK medium) hill (OK, slope) on my running route and I usually stop at the bottom and walk up or run halfway and give up. Today I ran up the WHOLE DAMN THING! Can I get a whoop whoop! Sure, I stopped at the top to catch my breath, so what? I just took it slow and steady, to the beat of Sweat by Snoop Dogg. Seriously, great slower paced song!
It's Friday! Which is good, because the emoticon shows how I looked when the kids left this afternoon. Miss Bubble needed some quiet time.
I have started to play music in class, during writing and art time, and to give the kids a timer for tasks (eg, they have until the end of the song to clean up and be seated on the mat). This was a goal for the term!
The sun was out and it was warm today. Apparently we are getting a storm after the weekend, so I am enjoying the weather while it lasts, hence the run!
Tomorrow is my monthly wrap up, stay tuned and hope that the scale decides to drop 1.1kg overnight!
Thursday, March 29, 2012
My kids made me this to say sorry for having lots of telling offs lately. There was a card inside, signed by all the kids, saying that they hoped this would show me that they were sorry and would try harder to be good and have less telling offs. They are such cool kids, they just do silly things sometimes, as children tend to do!
How sweet is that!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
1. The manager is NEVER there! She works 9-2 apparently, and then leaves the poor receptionist to handle complaints. Mainly from me. Heh. There needs to be someone to field complaints every opening hour; Either a manager or an assistant manager. I have left my number and asked for her to call me regarding my concerns, since the suggestion box seems to be the ignore box.
2. The boxing equipment is a year old. It was nearly new when I started boxing 11 months ago, and it has never been replaced! The pads are torn and weak, the gloves have no padding left and they all stink to high hell from a year of various sweaty hands being in them. I took a pair of torn and tattered gloves to reception while looking for a manager to show them to. I told the receptionist to keep them as evidence. After talking to a trainer tonight I have been informed that there is money available to buy new gear but no one has gone and gotten it yet! FFS, give me the money, I'll go buy the freaking gear!
3. The toilets are in terrible condition. The gym and adjoining library can't decide whose they are, so they have just been left in disary. The locks are broken, there is graffiti everywhere and toilet paper litters the floor.
4. The water fountains need to be cleaned. There is mould on the tap. That is rank.
Thats all. Nothing major, but it is enough to make my gym going less than pleasent. But when I went to raise these concerns with management there was no one there, and the receptionist took offence to me stating that if she couldn't handle complaints then she needed a manager of sorts on with her to handle them. Saying "oh thanks, I'll pass it on" doesn't fly with me anymore, because I honestly don't think half the information gets passed on!
Lets see if the manager calls me tomorrow...should be interesting!
Monday, March 26, 2012
I ran 1.2km today without stopping. It took me around 10-12 minutes (I didn't time). OMG that its the longest I have run without stopping EVER! AND I haven't run for 3 weeks. I credit the weights for making my legs stronger and the boxing for keeping my lungs strong. THEN I went to a boxing class. Hardcore.
I got my 5+ a day today - A peach, an orange, a pear, tomato and lettuce on my pita, tomato and lettuce with my dinner. YAY!
In an attempt to eat less meat/ find alternative lunches I have experiemented with tofu. I (kinda) followed the Mama Pea recipe for tofu dippers. Google it or do this:
Drain the tofu. Get the firm kind. I wrapped it in paper towels and put it on a plate with a wooden cutting board and various cans on top to drain it. Worked well. May need to change paper towels.
In a bowl mix together : 2T soy sauce, 1T liquid smoke, 1T BBQ sauce, 1t lemon juice, 1t garlic, crushed.
Slice the tofu. I sliced it thin coz I wanted them crispy. I won't come and check, cut them as thick as you like! Put the tofu in the marinade and coat. Marinate for as long as you like. I did them all day.
Place on a baking sheet in a single layer. I brushed the sheet with sesame oil for extra flavour. Grill/ broil for 5 minutes each side. Watch them so they don't burn!
Allow to cool and eat dipped in the sauce of your choice. I chose BBQ spiked with hot sauce! I really shouldn't say this, but they tasted like some kind of BBQ chicken nuggets.
And thats whats in my lunchbox tomorrow! (Who gets the reference?)
And thats me!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
This week has been a bad week.
It is now exactly a week since my Smruti died. I haven't cried in a couple of days, but I think about her everyday.
My exercise has been on track, which I am proud of. I think it would have been easy to just skip it, but it has actually kept my mind off things.
Eating, not so good. I have lost nothing this week, and am still bumping around the same 300g as last week. Frustrating, but I know that I have no one to blame but myself. I have been eating far too much ice cream and chocolate and telling myself it was grief eating. Nah, it wasn't, I just felt like being a fatty this week.
So, this week, in an effort to lose 1.1kg to make my weight loss goal for the month (ha!)
- 5+ a day, even if it kills me
- 1 treat per day!
- Keep on with the exercise
That is really all I can do!
In other news, my MIL noticed yesterday, which was nice!
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts