Monday, January 30, 2012
I went into January with no expections and no goals except to eat better and exercise more. As a rule I didn't track calories. Twice this month I plugged my calories into spark on random days and both days I was 'in range', so I figured that I was just automatically eating the right amount. Due to calorie counting on and off for years I know the calories in just about everything, so I think I keep a rough mental track automatically. I also didn't enter exercise calories, opting instead to just quick track my fitness. As long as I was moving at least 3 times a week I was happy!
Weight lost - 4kg (8.8lb)
Exercise minutes - 888 minutes
Days exercised - 20/31
Average workout time - 44.4 minutes (I could have round up but I like number patterns. So there)
Days I ate chocolate - 31/31
So, February is next. Again, I have no expectations and no plan. Just eating better and exercising at least 3 times per week!
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Todays song: Everything's Gonna Be Alright - Babysitters Circus
2 pictures for ya:
Me at the 4kg lost point. Nothing much changed, but I feel better!
Me about 5 minutes ago, after getting home from a run. It is hot out there!
This photo does not prove my point that I am beet red after exercise. Here I had stretched and cooled down a little. But see, I went on my run today like a good little girl!
I did the 5k loop that I did on Friday. I didn't keep time, but I assume it was around the 50 minute mark, or slightly slower. My stomach wasn't feeling the best. I blame the lunchtime yum cha, which was fab, but a little heavy even over 4 hours later! I wasn't flying like last time, but I definately ran a lot. My longest stretch was 500m without stopping, which was my goal for the day. That took around 4 minutes, and then i stuck to shorter intervals, between 1m30s and 3m30s, depending on factors like the terrain, road crossing and how much I could do. Glad I went out and did it.
Now, if you will excuse me, I stink and need a shower!
Sunday, January 29, 2012
A. Age- 23
B. Books- Yes, please! I love Jodi Picoult, so will read her books anytime. Also recently read The Help, which was great!
C. Chore- I hate them
D. Dog- Nope, 5 cats. The in-laws have 2 dogs, and one is in love with me. True story. His name is Buddy and the in-laws call me Buddy's girlfriend.
E. Essentials- LIP BALM. Badger unscented lip balm, because I am allergic to everything else! My inhaler is also essential. Oh, and, like, love and stuff.
F. Favorite color- Green. But only a specific shade of green. Like an emerald green.
G. Games- None
H. Hometown- Auckland, New Zealand
I - Indulgences - Chocolate
J. Job- Teacher (eeeeeek, I can finally write that!)
K. Kids- I'll have 23 on Thursday. They all go home at 3pm, which is awesome!
L. Living arrangements- I live with my parents and my partner until we save up enough for a house deposit.
M. Music- I like everything. Mainly pop, but will listen to everything
N. Number of siblings – One sister. She lives in Australia and I only see her once per year, which is awesome.
O. Oranges or apples- I love Oranges but can't eat them often because they make my lips swell
P. Phobias- Heights, closed spaces, complete darkness, spiders, snakes
Q. Quote- Put some skates on. Be your own hero
R. Reason to Smile- When my cat is being a looney tune. My walks/runs. Beautiful summer days
S. Season- Spring. BUT we only get like 3 days of spring here in Auckland. It is kinda raining until it isn't, and then gets really hot. I would love to live somewhere that has a nice spring.
T. Tattoos- Not at this stage. Thinking about getting one on my foot, but I am a wimp
U. Unknown fact about me- I have to know what the time is at all times. I can't stand the insides of my elbows being touched, which makes blood tests hard. I am in a TV ad that still airs in the Wellington area of NZ
V. Veggie- Broccoli.
W. Worst habit- Frequent weighing
Y. Yummy food I like to eat - Pasta!!! Ummm pizza is good too. Pavalova. Chocolate anything
Z. Zodiac- Saggie
Saturday, January 28, 2012
1. Full stops are your friend and should be used. Ideally they should be used at the end of sentences, but just using them is an awesome start.
2. Pls dnt ryt lyk dis. You are an adult, write like one. I was a teen during the 2000's, and use texting as my main form of communication and I still have no clue what you are saying. So, use your big person words.
3. Don't say 'Aunt Flo', 'Time of the month', or 'visitor'. We are all adults here; It is called a period. All the ladies either all get one or have gotten one at some point in time. If you have a question about it just call it a period and get it over with. And if your question involves a period there is no reason to annouce that it is 'ladies only'. Guys don't want to touch that thread with a 10 foot pole, so don't worry about it.
4. For the love of all that is holy, check a few pages on the board to see if your question has already been answered recently. It likely has been, and you will get a quick answer without having to write the 14,000,000th post about sports bras
5. PLEASE don't start a thread just for you to post your daily whines in. That is what your blog is for. Sure, if you are having a bad day, start a thread and get some feedback, but don't start a thread for the sole purpose of recording YOUR achievements. There are already plenty set up that you can join.
6. Don't answer yes or no, or chicken or fish. Unless you have something constructive to add, why bother?! A few points? Come on, that's silly. Either read the question and give constructive answer or don't answer at all!!
7. Be nice. If you want to complain about something, do it on your blog :)
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Guess my fave running song... Yeah... At least I didn't stop and wiggle... This time :)
Just completed a lovely 5k walk/run around the block. Even managed to stop and see my grandpa on the way, but only because I needed the bathroom and his house is on my running route. I felt awesome and did lots of running. My asthma was really under control and I didn't have to stop and use a puffer once! Yaaaaay! I feel so good about what I just did. I felt strong and happy the whole time. It was so nice! I hope to repeat it again soon. AND I was shocked when I plugged the details into map my run to find that the route was 5k! I took just under an hour and according to spark burned around 300 calories. Suits me fine!
Celebrate with me! Wiggle, wiggle! (Bonus calorie burn!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts