Saturday, January 28, 2012
1. Full stops are your friend and should be used. Ideally they should be used at the end of sentences, but just using them is an awesome start.
2. Pls dnt ryt lyk dis. You are an adult, write like one. I was a teen during the 2000's, and use texting as my main form of communication and I still have no clue what you are saying. So, use your big person words.
3. Don't say 'Aunt Flo', 'Time of the month', or 'visitor'. We are all adults here; It is called a period. All the ladies either all get one or have gotten one at some point in time. If you have a question about it just call it a period and get it over with. And if your question involves a period there is no reason to annouce that it is 'ladies only'. Guys don't want to touch that thread with a 10 foot pole, so don't worry about it.
4. For the love of all that is holy, check a few pages on the board to see if your question has already been answered recently. It likely has been, and you will get a quick answer without having to write the 14,000,000th post about sports bras
5. PLEASE don't start a thread just for you to post your daily whines in. That is what your blog is for. Sure, if you are having a bad day, start a thread and get some feedback, but don't start a thread for the sole purpose of recording YOUR achievements. There are already plenty set up that you can join.
6. Don't answer yes or no, or chicken or fish. Unless you have something constructive to add, why bother?! A few points? Come on, that's silly. Either read the question and give constructive answer or don't answer at all!!
7. Be nice. If you want to complain about something, do it on your blog :)
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Guess my fave running song... Yeah... At least I didn't stop and wiggle... This time :)
Just completed a lovely 5k walk/run around the block. Even managed to stop and see my grandpa on the way, but only because I needed the bathroom and his house is on my running route. I felt awesome and did lots of running. My asthma was really under control and I didn't have to stop and use a puffer once! Yaaaaay! I feel so good about what I just did. I felt strong and happy the whole time. It was so nice! I hope to repeat it again soon. AND I was shocked when I plugged the details into map my run to find that the route was 5k! I took just under an hour and according to spark burned around 300 calories. Suits me fine!
Celebrate with me! Wiggle, wiggle! (Bonus calorie burn!)
Friday, January 27, 2012
I like numbers, so I like the fact that at my 4 week weigh in I have a little number thingy going on. Yerp, slight maths geek, party of one....
Can't wait until I weigh 73.8....
So I was hoping for a 200g loss this morning, to take me from 83.5 to 83.3 and give me 4kg lost in 4 weeks. But I gained 200g instead, weighing in at 83.7. Gah. I KNOW a (small, tiny) gain is normal now and then. And I am 'blaming' the weights yesterday for the gain, since I feel smaller, and think I am holding some water. I did up my leg weights since they felt too easy...
Anyways, thats done. I shall hope for a loss next week instead. And I will actually only weigh myself once a week from now on. This whole weighing everyday is not good for my head, so I will quit it.
Today I think I'll go for a walk with running intervals. It is only getting to 20C today, so that isn't too hot, and it is looking a little cloudy. If it does end up too hot I'll go to the gym and do my cardio there!
* Just as a side note, I realise that I have had a small gain in a month, but it isn't my period. I don't get one for medical reasons. I wish, I would have something to blame for being a b&^%*!
Friday, January 27, 2012
That is a big deal because I didn't want to. I talked myself into a day off and was happy to take that day off. But then I sparked, read a few blogs and realised that I wasn't tired, I wasn''t due for a rest day and blaming a skipped workout on 'listening to my body' wasn't gonna fly if my body could work out. So I did. Toddled off to the gym and did my weights and 20 minutes on the bike at a 6-8 resistance (changed it up to keep things interesting). Got it done :)
I wrote a whole piece about how I ate badly today. But, really, it wasn't that bad! I had a good breakfast then met my best friend (fresh off a 10 hour flight from Japan) for lunch at a restaurant. We shared tapas. Then we burnt some calories speed shopping and expanding my 'teacher appropriate' wardrobe. Then I had a square of chocolate before I decided to go to the gym. Dinner was 2 tacos with lots of salad and I had an ice cream for dessert. Not the BEST of days, but nothing for me to be getting stressed over! AND I generally have found that a spike in calories for one day usually results in a loss the next days weigh in. So I shall stop stressing and just give myself a damn star.
Now, I need a vote. Yesterday I went for a walk for my fitness. I didn't exactly speed walk, so I'm wondering if I should count it as an active rest day? I think I should, since I didn't really get my heart rate up much. I mean I still count it as exercise, and gave myself a sticker, but I don't know if I should take my planned rest day tomorrow or not. Or should I just see how I feel?
Can y'all tell I'm in a worrying mood? I am worried about a lot of things (mainly money things) so I think I am projecting on to what I can control right now, which is myself.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts