Friday, August 13, 2010
Copy and paste and fill it out on your own blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 9.10 (Looooove Saturdays)
2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare or medium
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Knight and Day
4. What is your favorite TV show? Greys Anatomy and Gilmore Girls
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? San Francisco
6. What did you have for breakfast? Dinner leftovers
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Japanese
8. What foods do you dislike? How much time do you have? Most veggies, dairy, anything with a weird texture
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Narita Japanese restaurant
10. Favorite dressing? Balsamic vingarette
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? 1997 Toyota Cynos convertable in red. My quarter life crisis purchase
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and a tshirt or maxi dress
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Everywhere. USA, Europe, Africa
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? half full today
15. Where would you want to retire? Upper Hutt
16. Favorite time of day? I like lots of times of the day... You only get 24 hours, you should like all of them!
17. Where were you born? Auckland, New Zealand
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? I will watch an All Blacks game, under protest, if Dan Carter is playing. Google him and drool.
19. How many siblings? 1 actual younger sister and one techincally not little sister
20. Favorite pastime/hobbies? Reading, cross stitching
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Not really curious...
22. Bird watcher? I watch my cats bring them into my house. They like bringing mummy presents
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night, but I have been liking getting up early lately
24. Do you have any pets? Pets? No. Furchildren? Yes! I have 2 furbabies, Pixie and BB and I love them
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Its...ummm...raining. Thats all I've got
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Fashion designer for Barbie or a chef
27. What is your best childhood memory? Disneyland!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat, but I love dogs and would like to have two one day
29. Are you married? Nope, still waiting
30. Always wear your seat belt? I have one of those special cars that doesn't start unless everyone has their seatbelt on!
31. Been in a car accident? Yes a couple, mainly minor except for for one when I was about 8 where I was the only one not injured.
32. Any pet peeves? Where do I start? People who say "you know that..." when its obvious that you don't, people who don't take their screaming child out of a restaurant, people who are oblivious to everything around them, people who can't drive properly...
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Meat and BBQ sauce, no cheese
34. Favorite Flower? Iris and Lilly
35. Favorite ice cream? Mint cookie smash with hot fudge
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Burger King
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? once for my learners and once for my restricted
38. From whom did you get your last email? Sparkpeople
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't have a credit card...
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Nope
41. Like your job? It has its moments
42. Broccoli? Roasted with salt and pepper
43. What was your favorite vacation? Disneyland!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My sister Ashleigh
45. What are you listening to right now? Come Dine with Me
46. What is your favorite color? Silver and purple
47. How many tattoos do you have? None, but I may get one when I hit my goal weight
48. How many people will fill this out? I hope several!!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 10.59
50. Coffee Drinker? Sometimes, Soy mocha please
Friday, August 13, 2010
Dinner out with some success!
I split my entree with my sister and I only ate half of my main (grilled steak, mash and salad) and had the rest packed up for lunch or dinner today. I also got the sauce (garlic butter) on the side. I spread a little on top and it was plenty. I did have a dessert. I managed to get the boyfriend to have a few bites, but for the most part I ate it and enjoyed. I savoured it, didn't scoff and I enjoyed having dessert because I wasn't stuffed from dinner because I only ate half of everything. The boyfriend was drinking in the bar part of the restaurant we went to, and he got a wee bit drunky. Enter Burger King stop. Out of habit I got a chocolate pie. But I got home and put it in the fridge because I didn't really want it, I just ordered it because I'm used to ordering even if I'm not hungry.
I maintained this week. I'm still at 82.7. I'm a little disapointed that I wasted a week, I could have lost this week if I tried, but at least I didn't gain. That would leave me with more to loose. Also, if we look at it, I've lost 5lb in 4 weeks. Lets be glass half full and look at all the bright sides.
By next Sunday I would like to be at 82kg. This is my goal for the week, to loose .7 of a kg or a pound and a half. And I need to get my evening eating under control! Lets do this people!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Like the shared morning tea! Someone contributed caramel slice. I had some. There were cherrio sausages. Had a couple of them too. Sausage rolls, had one of them (left most of the pastry). STOPPED EATING WHEN I FELT FULL! Had a good breakfast and a good lunch, a low calorie but filling afternoon snack and I feel OK about it.
Tonight I'm having dinner out with my little sister. Well, we call each other sisters, we grew up together and I love her like a sister. She is moving to England on Sunday and isn't coming back! My little sister, my gorgeous girl, is going out into the world by herself. I'm gonna miss her! Thank goodness for facebook. Anywho, we are going out to dinner. I told her to pick the place since its her leaving dinner. I'll try my best to eat healthy, but I may have a glass of wine. Just the one because I'm driving.
Tomorrow, I have a plan. My plan is to walk some of the trails up on the Waitakere Ranges. The boyfriend doesn't yet know that he is part of this plan! There are supposed to be some nice walking trails up there that are suitable for just walking (no hiking, don't have the shoes for it) so I'm hoping we can go up there and explore. If not I'll explore the trails near my house some more. I'm discovering more and more. I wish there was a website that listed them so I could go to a specific one instead of stumbling upon them. Such is life I suppose!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
I have been hella busy lately. Between school, work, assignments, planning and my boyfriend and furbabies I feel like I haven't had a moment to myself.
I haven't gotten up early to walk the past couple of mornings. Please see the list of responsibilities above. I am tired and decided sleep is more important at the moment. I have plans for big walks in the weekend, so hopefully that will make up for it. AND once one of the boys jobs decides to pay him, for the first time this YEAR, I'm getting new walking/running shoes!
I still haven't been eating WELL. Well, I have, but only to a point. My breakfast is always a spinach and berry smoothie which packs in 2-4 serves of the good stuff, depending on what I put in it. Lunch and snacks are usually healthy options, like soup, special k bars, fruit, almonds, rice crackers.
It still just dinners. On the nights I work it is easier to take something home. On the nights I don't work and neither household members with thumbs want to cook it is easier to get takeaways (have now replenished heat n eats!). However, I feel I'm more mindful in my eating. Case in point, yesterday I ended up at McCafe to do some work and wait for the boy. I had asked for a small soy hot choc and a mini caramel slice, because I wanted something sweet (and I had a bad day). But guess what, it was cheaper to get a full size of both because of a special deal. Sure, why not. But...and it is the amazing part... I only ate half the caramel slice. It was yummy, but very sweet, so I ate half and asked for a takeaway bag! Go me for not eating the whole thing! After I met up with my boyfriend, he suggested dinner. Sure, why not! Can everyone tell I was in a "why not, nothing else to lose!" mood last night? So we went to our favourite japanese place and waaaaay over ordered again. I usually get 2 small plates (seaweed salad and grilled rice flour balls) and a main (chicken teriyaki). But after my 2 small plates and a bite of the boys sushi I was full. So I stopped eating! I didn't even touch my main. I had it boxed up and it will be lunch and dinner tonight.
And with regard to getting food from work, I have stopped ordering mains. I have started to get an entree with a side of broccoli.
So the point of this whole rambling is, that I'm not a good weight loss person yet, but I can tell I'm getting there. The old me would have eaten the whole caramel slice, and all the Japanese food. The new me realises when I'm full and stops! So if I can tick over eating off the list of eating problems then I am once step closer to my goal.
In other news, the walking mentioned above is getting too easy. And I made myself a deal that when I was fit enough that walking was easy I would start a C25k type deal. So, that is coming up! I used to run, last year, but I pushed myself too hard, didn't do it right, and ended up stopping. This time will be different. I'm going to be building up gradually AND I have sparkpeople for support.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts