Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Today was OK. I have had some chocolate. Nothing major and I don't feel bad, but I had it!
Exercise...does yoga count? I'm up for trying new things, and stretching everything out sounded soooooooo good. So that was my exercise for the day! I know, I know, I said I would walk everyday. Sue me, I tried something new! The calorie burn isn't much...at all...but that is OK! Its exercise! We will be back to our regularly schedualed walking tomorrow at 6am!
I tried quinoa. I like it. My prawns that I had with it let it down though, too oily and no other flavour. I should have garliced them up a bit me thinks! But still a good meal and tonnes of leftovers. Lunch, anyone?
I have pretty much full control tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone. AND I get to do art! Hell yeah, it is gonna be hella fun! We are making printing plates out of meat trays (hit up your butcher!) and making prints. Love it, I'm so excited!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
It is 7.30am and I have already been for a 4km walk, stubbed by toe on musical instruments and had a fight with my boyfriend. I'm like the army, more done before 9am then everyone else does all day!
I got up at 6am. Ouch. Especially because I didn't get to sleep until after 11. But, no excuses, I got up and went for a 4km walk. I tried running intervals and I went well and felt fantastic until I got a pain in my upper thigh/butt area. It hurt so I stopped. I was bummed because apart from that running felt fine. I streched the muscle and tried to run again but the same thing happened. It wasn't an unconfortable hurt, it was a serious pain and I didn't want to risk hurting myself. I have a doctors appointment next week, so I'll ask about it then.
I have put my foot down and told the boyfriend that I'm getting running shoes. My $30 shoes are causing me too much pain. I have plasters all over my feet to support my feet. So next pay I'm getting shoes :) Running shoes and new work shoes. I'm very bad about spending money on myself. I always feel like there is a better thing to spend the money on. So this will be very hard for me, spending a large amount of money on myself!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Thus far very successful.
I got up at 9am and went for a 6km/75 minute walk before work. Then worked on my poor tired legs for 3.5 hours, which wasn't a smart idea. But I exercised and I feel good about it.
Tomorrow will be more of the same, except I have to get up at 6! I will aim for 4km tomorrow, which is around a 45 minute walk.
My eating has been good, and I should be within my ranges today.
In other news, I have quinoa. Not very popular here, and very expensive. I only have some because my MIL gave me a bag. I'm going to have some with dinner tonight, see how we go! It seems to be very versatile so I should have some fun experiementing. Kinda high in calories, but they are good calories, right?
Have a fun and happy no excuses week everyone!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Copy and paste and fill it out on your own blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 9.10 (Looooove Saturdays)
2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare or medium
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Knight and Day
4. What is your favorite TV show? Greys Anatomy and Gilmore Girls
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? San Francisco
6. What did you have for breakfast? Dinner leftovers
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Japanese
8. What foods do you dislike? How much time do you have? Most veggies, dairy, anything with a weird texture
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Narita Japanese restaurant
10. Favorite dressing? Balsamic vingarette
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? 1997 Toyota Cynos convertable in red. My quarter life crisis purchase
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and a tshirt or maxi dress
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Everywhere. USA, Europe, Africa
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? half full today
15. Where would you want to retire? Upper Hutt
16. Favorite time of day? I like lots of times of the day... You only get 24 hours, you should like all of them!
17. Where were you born? Auckland, New Zealand
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? I will watch an All Blacks game, under protest, if Dan Carter is playing. Google him and drool.
19. How many siblings? 1 actual younger sister and one techincally not little sister
20. Favorite pastime/hobbies? Reading, cross stitching
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Not really curious...
22. Bird watcher? I watch my cats bring them into my house. They like bringing mummy presents
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night, but I have been liking getting up early lately
24. Do you have any pets? Pets? No. Furchildren? Yes! I have 2 furbabies, Pixie and BB and I love them
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Its...ummm...raining. Thats all I've got
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Fashion designer for Barbie or a chef
27. What is your best childhood memory? Disneyland!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat, but I love dogs and would like to have two one day
29. Are you married? Nope, still waiting
30. Always wear your seat belt? I have one of those special cars that doesn't start unless everyone has their seatbelt on!
31. Been in a car accident? Yes a couple, mainly minor except for for one when I was about 8 where I was the only one not injured.
32. Any pet peeves? Where do I start? People who say "you know that..." when its obvious that you don't, people who don't take their screaming child out of a restaurant, people who are oblivious to everything around them, people who can't drive properly...
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Meat and BBQ sauce, no cheese
34. Favorite Flower? Iris and Lilly
35. Favorite ice cream? Mint cookie smash with hot fudge
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Burger King
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? once for my learners and once for my restricted
38. From whom did you get your last email? Sparkpeople
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't have a credit card...
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Nope
41. Like your job? It has its moments
42. Broccoli? Roasted with salt and pepper
43. What was your favorite vacation? Disneyland!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My sister Ashleigh
45. What are you listening to right now? Come Dine with Me
46. What is your favorite color? Silver and purple
47. How many tattoos do you have? None, but I may get one when I hit my goal weight
48. How many people will fill this out? I hope several!!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 10.59
50. Coffee Drinker? Sometimes, Soy mocha please
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts