Friday, August 03, 2012
This week has been long and very drawn out. I have been having a few issues with a some students in my class which I can't go into. Suffice to say it has been stressful and tiring dealing with these issues.
I went to see my boss at 3.30pm and told her I was being naughty and leaving early. We are really supposed to stay until at least 4pm, but my boss is really lovely and lets me go home if I am tired. School finishes at 3pm, so I would only be pottering and doing paperwork anyway. I had a headache from the lack of food (left half my lunch at home) and from the noisy and draining children. The kids are so, so cool, but they are tiring and by the end of today we were all worn out.
So, now I am having a relaxing night off. It is fast food night, and we are getting Noodle Canteen (Chinese). I shall watch my portion, but I'm not counting calories tonight!
Thursday, August 02, 2012
1. Chocolate is a necessary part of weight loss.
2. Moderation, not deprivation.
3. Strength training is not optional.
4. The gym is my best friend.
5. Veggies are yummy!
6. Smoothies are a great way to get in fruit and veg.
7. If I don't cook it there will be more oil and less veg.
8. Group fitness classes keep me motivated since there is a social aspect. People question where I have been if I skip classes.
9. My driveway isn't as long as I thought, I was just REALLY unfit.
10. Spin class isn't really my cup of tea, but I don't mind it when I want to mix things up.
11. I can hit harder than some of the boys (boxing).
12. I can leg press more than some of the men at my gym.
13. I don't really like running. It is OK, and I'll do it sometimes, but it isn't my go to exercise.
14. Close enough is good enough when it comes to tracking. I can't be perfect!
15. If I don't go straight to the gym from work, I'll never go.
16. Rest days are important, and I need 2-3 per week.
17. Tracking is a good way to 'check in' on how I am eating, but I couldn't do it everyday.
18. I'm sexy and I know it!
19. My thighs don't rub together anymore.
20. While we are on the subject of thighs - They sit next to each other. I used to have to either rest my legs further apart or sort of...stack them... One thigh on top of the other.
21. Clothes shopping is just as frustrating at this weight as it was at my highest.
22. Sometimes the best thing for my body is some rest and relaxation.
23. Losing weight is greatÖ until you donít lose for a couple of weeks!
24. Iím colder now. I wonder if that extra fat was keeping me warm?
25. It is really hard to think of 25 things... Probably won't do this again after 40 pounds!
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
I woke up at 5am feeling sick. Got up, threw up and felt fine! I think I must have eaten something funny last night, because I don't feel like I have a stomach flu or anything, and after getting everything out of my system I was fine and able to get on with me day. Very weird.
Anyways, I got on with my day. I went to my course this morning, which was a waste of time. IT was all about using an assessment system that my school doesn't use or have plans to use, and how to best utilize your in class technology for writing. I have 1 computer and it had so many problems that I unplugged it and dumped it at the back of my room. No smartboard, no class set of ipads.... So pretty much the whole thing was irrelevant to my class and my teaching. Gah. When I went back to school I spent most of the rest of the day getting books for next week. Then I went to the junior classes to show the little ones my boxing gloves (since we are doing Olympics). They touched them, tried them on and asked me lots of questions. I think my cool rating went through the roof!
Since I was sick this morning I decided not to push it with exercise. I think it was a good decision. So, I'll have another light workout week; No biggie!
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
It just wasn't my night. I had a staff meeting and it ran later than I thought. I ate my emergency snack, but it wasn't enough and I was still starving. It was dinner time, after all! So, I went home and had dinner instead of going to the gym. I WILL go to boxing tomorrow, since I just have a short meeting after work. Also, I hurt. I did 100 sit ups at boxing yesterday instead of my usual 50. New partner kicked my butt.
Other than that, I have a NSV!
We had our Olympic day today. I used the school camera to take photos of the event, and as always the camera got passed around all the children so they could have a turn. Well, there was a photo of me on there. From the side. My least favourite angle! Except today I had no big tummy, no second chin. It was actually a good photo!
Now, I am exhausted. Olympics was fun, but it was tiring. The kids lost the plot for the afternoon, and being angry teacher uses more energy than being a fun teacher :(
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts