Tuesday, July 31, 2012
It just wasn't my night. I had a staff meeting and it ran later than I thought. I ate my emergency snack, but it wasn't enough and I was still starving. It was dinner time, after all! So, I went home and had dinner instead of going to the gym. I WILL go to boxing tomorrow, since I just have a short meeting after work. Also, I hurt. I did 100 sit ups at boxing yesterday instead of my usual 50. New partner kicked my butt.
Other than that, I have a NSV!
We had our Olympic day today. I used the school camera to take photos of the event, and as always the camera got passed around all the children so they could have a turn. Well, there was a photo of me on there. From the side. My least favourite angle! Except today I had no big tummy, no second chin. It was actually a good photo!
Now, I am exhausted. Olympics was fun, but it was tiring. The kids lost the plot for the afternoon, and being angry teacher uses more energy than being a fun teacher :(
Monday, July 30, 2012
1. I am buying size 10/M tops now. I was in 14-16/L/XL, so I think this is an improvement!
2. I had to get more rings resized. One ring (my future engagement ring (the boyfriend told me to get it sized, but I'm not getting my hopes up)) had to go down from an L1/2 to a K, which is a difference of 3 sizes! I was amazed.
3. I can deadlift 30kg (66lb). Hard. Core.
4. I managed to run over 1km without stopping, after not running for over a month. I would have kept running but I had to stop to cross a road, then there were hills and I kinda lost motivation.
5. A watch that didn't fit me at the start of the year needs a link taken out of it because it is loose.
6. I can make it through an entire spin class. Barely.
7. My measurements show a total loss of 9.5cm overall for July. That says something.
8. I can pull up more than half my body weight using the assisted pull up machine.
9. I need new jeans; Mine are falling off me!
10. I like my body. My tummy is flatish, my arms are killer, my legs are slimming, I can feel my hipbones and my collarbone!
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Weight goal: Lose 900g. That will take me to 76.3kg and 11kg lost. I think this is manageable, especially since the first 2 weeks of the month are holidays, so I have plenty of time to exercise and eat right.
Even after stalling for 16! days I still managed to meet my goal. My lowest weight for the month was exactly 76.3kg
Nutrition: Try to track 1 weekday and 1 weekend day a week. Keep up the fruit and veggies, especially on the weekend!
I got quite good at tracking. It helped to keep me on track, for sure.
Exercise: Get back to my routine, which is 2 days boxing, 3 days weights and 1 run if I feel like it. I want to move every day of the holidays, even if it is just a walk.
I kept up with my routine for the most part. I took rest days when I needed them, and moved a lot during the holidays.
Start 87.3kg. 7 months later 76.3kg
Progress over 7 months
Start, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months and 7 months.
Saturday, July 28, 2012
I went to visit my nieces yesterday. Their dad is away and I thought their mum might like the break. Anyways, they answer the door and it all began. Within 3 minutes I was wearing a Minnie Mouse headband (and rocking it, if I do say so myself) and putting together Kinder Surprise toys (google it).
Then, "Aunty Jessica, will you take as on the trampoline?". Who can say no to the cutest 5 year old on the planet? Not me. Out we went, after trying putting on our gumboots. Have you ever put gumboots on a 3 year old? It is interesting. I said "Victoria, put your gumboots on" and she giggled, said no then headbutted me. Hilarious.
We bounced on the trampoline for about 10 minutes, then it was time for me to push them on the swings. Once they were bored with that we went inside and played hide and seek. Children are small, and very hard to find. Then we played a game called cats and dogs, where I had to pretend to be asleep (by this stage I was not pretending) and they would escape and I would chase them and carry them back to the starting point. Apparently this game is fascinating to kids and we played for more than half an hour.
By the time I left I was exhausted and ready for a nap! Too bad I can't count it in my exercise minutes, because it really wore me out. Hats off to all the mums out there who manage to look after energetic children and STILL exercise.
Oh, and a fringe update. I went back to the hairdresser and asked for it to be shorter so I could straighten it and wear it like that. Once straightened we found out it was really uneven! Here is the new look
Friday, July 27, 2012
I had lots of nice comments at work. The kids were fascinated. I went for my weights workout and it didn't bother me, but I might need to dig out a headband for cardio...
I realise this isn't interesting. I'm still adjusting. It is a big change, and it is on my face!
Get An Email Alert Each Time BUBBLEJ1 Posts