Sunday, March 24, 2013
Over bridge so high
To rest my eyes on blue green hues
Under clear blue skies
To Trader Joes that's where I've been
What did you do there? - I had to buy
What did you feel there? - Well I cried
But why the tears there? - I'll tell you why - yyyyy
It's all too beautiful!
(and luckily too crowded. If I could have REALLY shopped, I would have spent way more than $143.)
I bought organic bananas and freeze dried grapes
Some coconut cream and frozen sliced leaks
A Super Spinach Salad and Thai Shrimp Lime Skewers
But I never did find those elusive oat groats.
I found blueberry Goat Cheese Log, and mini shredded wheat
The shelled edamame will surely be a treat
Sweet potato tots and raw pine nuts,
But best of all was Tarte Aux Champignons.
I bought haricot verts, and plump golden raisins
A rice blend with vegge, and kaleidoscope chard
chicken gorgonzola and almond meal
The body butter has a heavenly feel.
TJ's Greek yogurt is delicious, so is the mushroom tart and super spinach salad. But the best was having so many choices for what I consider to be healthy, and apparently delicious. It was next to impossible for the other customers packed into the store like sardines to look with me running around like a crazy woman. My mom just stayed down at the end of an aisle with the cart and tried to act like she didn't know me. And my sister just kept taking me to new things she thought I missed. I filled 4 shopping bags and my huge cooler with wonderment.
And now the adventure begins, working out menus that pull in all of my new ingredients into healthy, delicious meals.
I understand they are negotiating for a store site in Tampa which will make it about a 50 mile trip to the store instead of 117. North Tampa would be beneficial to everyone concerned, especially me. I think in the same area as the Whole Foods Store would be perfect!!
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
March 20, 2013
Today, I promise I will not quit.
I pledge that no matter, how many ups and downs I pass through, I will continue on my journey.
I pledge to make a NEW START today, and forgive myself for my past, and to stop being so critical of myself.
I pledge to take control of myself, to stop making excuses, and stop blaming other people or situations.
I pledge to treat myself as I would my best friend, because that is who I am.
I pledge to stay in the race and to be a WINNER!
signed: Leisa (Sunflowergal40)
Signed: Chris (chriskenandkids)
Signed: Linda (scoutmom715)
Signed: Nancy (tedybear2838)
(from Linda S. Jayne (Geminisue)
Signed: Vicki aka VICKI-B--56
Signed; Pixie (Pixie-Licious)
Signed: Gloria (GloriaB73)
Signed Sarah (Millie 5522)
Signed Shelby (theshelbster)
Signed Beckie (BIRKIE528)
Signed Debaune (Doobie893)
Signed by Wallahalla on Friday, June 29, 2012
Signed by Karen (MAMAWALMART) on June 29,2012
Signed by Sibille (musolf6) Friday June 29,2012
Signed Shirley (Lookingup2012) Friday, June 29, 2012 who needs to do this because she quit SP three times in 3 years.
Signed Susan (catladyx8) Friday June 29, 2012
Signed John (Johntj1) Saturday June 30, 2012
Signed Deb (jewelle217) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Signed Kathy (Kalantha) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Signed elizabeth (MEADSBAY) Saturday June 30, 2012
Signed Caz (NEW-CAZ) Saturday June 30, 2012
Signed Julie (Shawfan) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Signed Michele (BeFit012) Saturday June 30, 2012
Signed Cheryl (Clavinova) Saturday, June 30,2012
Signed Sarah (NOTGIVINGUP49) Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Signed Bobbi (SLIMMER_197) Saturday, July 28, 2012
Signed Cherie (BIGSKYCHERIE) Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Signed Janet (EATVEGAN) Tuesday, July 31, 2012
SIGNED ( ESILBO) AUGUST 1, 2012
Signed Jenn (Plynsn316) AUGUST 2, 2012
Signed MaryAnn (MARYANNGI) AUGUST 2, 2012
Signed Diane (DianeDoesSmiles) August 8/2/2012
Signed Helen (Helen_Bru) August 3/2012
Signed Maria (winfield28) August 5, 2012
Signed: elizabeth (meadsbay) Aug 5, 2012
Signed: Debbie (debbieanne1124) Aug. 5, 2012
Signed: Marg (MdGardengirl) Aug. 7, 2012
Signed: Paula (Littleteapot17) Aug. 7, 2012
Signed: Phyllis (bbammom) Aug. 7, 2012
Signed: Kristen(kriskay1962) March 17, 2013
Signed: Penny (Popsy190) March 20, 2013
Signed: Sue (Bravelute) March 20, 2013
Will you blog and post the Never Quit Pledge, today/soon?
To do so, copy and paste and put on ur page under blog. :)
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it is to moderate the amount of time you spend in your recliner. Go ahead. Admit it. 1 hour for each meal to prep and eat, 8 hours for time in bed, leaves 13 hours in the recliner. Something is wrong with this picture.
Here is a list of things to do:
1. Turn off the TV. Bet you can't stay in that recliner for very long now!!
2. Grab your water and a book and move to chair in the bright studio where you notice you have been dropping off things you found in other places right on top of your painting table so you start to put things away and see the painting you were working on a few days ago, left because you weren't sure if it was finished and you look at it and realize it's not finished, so you finish clearing, get some water, and add a layer of depth to bring out the lights.
3. Then you realize you'd like some fresh air so you go sit in a chair on the porch. Bet you'll see an iris that just opened and then you'll need to get the camera to take a picture and you'll see the neighbor across the street and have to go say "HI" and he'll ask a question about pruning his firecracker bush and you'll have to go see and there's the golf course covered with dew, calling you to go for a walk so since you have your camera with you, you go looking for long shots and close ups of signs of spring and you find yourself up by the pool so you check on the construction and see that they are only waiting for final inspection to reopen so you keep walking, and soon the camera winds up in your pocket and you just enjoy the morning.
4. As you return home, you realize it's time to fix lunch so you check the plan, prep, and eat all the while thinking you should go to the pool at the Y so you check the schedule and see two classes after supper so you sit down in the recliner to do a little Spark People. And you remember you wanted to check the planting schedule and see that the next three days are super planting days, but one day will be lost going to Trader Joes, so you go to the garden center for vermiculite and 3 kinds of compost to add to yours and go home and build the 2 new raised beds in the shade of trees on the west side of the property, mix the soil mix and fill the boxes.
5. You check the time and see you have just enough time to eat a salad, shower, and get to the Y for the two pool classes and you laugh during aqua zumba and you sweat during water exercise and when you get back home, you sit in the old friend, the recliner, and you say, "How ya doin'? Haven't seen you much today!" And you check the TV schedule and see two shows you'd like to watch, but know you aren't going to watch TV after such a long day, so you set them to record and notice the harp sitting beside the TV so you turn off most of the lights and play for a few minutes before hitting the pillow, wondering if this is what moderation feels like.
Maybe you'll have time to read on the trip to Trader Joe's tomorrow.
Monday, March 18, 2013
I have been thinking that the kind of thinking or lack of thinking that got me to where I was last July is slowly changing. It's like I'm in one of those revolving doors, pushing the door in front of me slowly so the door behind me doesn't come up and smack me from behind. I can see the scenery is changing. When I get into the inner workings of the door where you can't see where you're going or where you've been or even how the door works, you start to wonder if there WILL be an opening where you'll finally come out in a new place, and not wind up back where you started.
And then you see a glimmer of light ahead, just a few more baby steps and you'll be there, stepping out into a brand new life. I hope my thinking will have changed enough so that when I step out into that brand new life, it will seem like I'm just stepping into a comfy pair of shoes.
“The thinking that got us to where we are is not the thinking that will get us to where we want to be.”
— ~ Albert Einstein
Get An Email Alert Each Time BRAVELUTE Posts