Monday, September 15, 2014
Oh how I have missed aqua fit Friday and today! I have gout and my foot hurts, but I am still active.
I went to church yesterday and out with friends. I read last night and this morning.
Later I am doing chair exercises.
Dh wants me to take the truck in today for detailing.
Am I in pain? Yes, I am and ignoring it to the best of my ability.
We are going to a conference in Dallas this week with friends, so I plan to be healed completely by then.
I have been studying what to eat and what not to eat for gout.
Apparently kidney patients, of which I am one, get gout. So I am following a low protein, low purine diet. Purines in food also cause gout.
Most important, I believe that I can defeat this malady, this irritation in my life.
Attitude is everything. We must never give up our quest for good health and learn everything we can.
I am not going down without a fight!
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37
Sunday, September 07, 2014
The world is getting crazier, or am I just getting older?
I remember the days when you could trust people. Those people are now fewer and further between.
I remember the days when people would dress up, for funerals especially. At yesterday's funeral, kids were wearing shorts, shirttails out, caps on backwards. I was dressed in black and heels. DH wore his dress uniform. Many people in the military were there in their dress uniforms. ... but the young people...!
I wish that people had integrity. I have come to know when someone is lying to me. It is more often than it used to be.
I wish that people would own up to their mistakes and correct them. That is character.
We learn when we are teachable. If you can't take criticism, you will never learn.
Finally God gave us two ears and one mouth, listen twice and speak once!
Monday, August 18, 2014
We can and should enjoy life. I have had the philosophy that if you don't have a good time whatever you are doing, it is your own fault.
I also like what Eleanor Roosevelt said about the purpose of life.
You all know that we make choices in life. Here is what Shaw had to say.
Of course, no one likes a giddy-know-it-all, so be aware of others around you and how they might be feeling. If someone is depressed, for example, they don't want to see you all happy, happy, happy. Of course, you can still be happy but be empathetic without being overbearing.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
In July, my team had a challenge of motivation and in June to throw out the negative self talk. These are real challenges especially for women. We are especially critical of ourselves, seeing every flaw on our faces and bodies.
Yesterday before aqua fit, me and a group of women were discussing what we don't like about our bodies. Later on, I realized I still need to work on the negative image. Wow! You can just slip right back into that negative talk easily.
So I plan to post those 10 steps and re-read them every morning until I finally get it.
Here they are for those of you who are not on my team. As you can see, I "borrowed" this from somewhere else, but it is so good!
10 Steps to Loving Your Body (c)
by Pat Ballard
1. Never stand in front of a mirror and think negative thoughts about yourself.
2. Never stand anywhere and think negative thoughts about yourself.
3. Search carefully for your good points and when you have found them, nourish them and build on them and cause them to grow daily.
4. Close your mind to any negative words, thoughts or actions that someone might send your way. Donít allow negative thoughts into your subconscious.
5. Always conduct yourself in an honorable fashion and donít allow your mouth to appear larger than your body.
6. Always do your best to look like you care about yourself, as no one respects a slob, no matter what size that slob might be.
7. Learn what your best colors are, what your best hair style is, and what your best clothes style is, and never leave your house without being dressed accordingly.
8. Always, and without fail, smile and simply say, ďThank you,Ē when you receive a compliment. Never think or say that the compliment isnít true.
9. Stop apologizing about your size. Expect everyone to accept you, respect you, and be
happy with you just the way you are.
10. But most of all, you have to love yourself. When you love yourself, others will love you and respond to you in the exact manner as you feel about yourself.
Thursday, August 07, 2014
I have been talking about starting a graphic design business for a while now. My logo is on my page and I have a website, but I have not joined any networking organizations (the best way to gain business).
When I was looking at the Chamber of Commerce website on Monday, getting ready to join, something held me back. What? I wondered.
I looked at the areas of my life, self, spiritual, finances, nature, family, etc. I realized that it is fear of failure. Why?
I am still working on the why.
There have been many failures in my life.
I do believe I have the ability to do the business. I believe I have the tools to succeed. I also believe that you are never too old to start something new. What have I been afraid of?
I am discovering it is a long held belief coming from my family... my father had his own business but died young. My mother then was fearful of the future and raising the family by herself.
I am afraid my health won't hold up. I am afraid I will lose the money I have invested into getting clients.
This fear has found its way into other areas of my life, two failed marriages, getting fired from one job, getting laid off from two others.
So I am working on it.
The Bible says to not be worried or fearful. I am doing my best to put that into practice and I will, at last, join the Chamber of Commerce... soon.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BOHEMIANCAT Posts