Wednesday, January 01, 2014
It's resolution time. I'm going to keep it simple here - but trust me I will list and overanalyze each one down to its tiniest part, lol.
My word of the year is security. Not just financial - but that is part of it. I need a secure foundation most of all.
Here is the list of what brings me joy - I based most of my resolutions on that list.
1. My relationship with God - More. More God, more church, more Word, more Bible study.
2. My children - More special times, more I love yous, more memories and traditions.
3. My family - Keep going on the same path as last year.
4. Reading - 50 books this year, 10 of them classics!
5. Writing - Just write. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as I'm writing.
6. Online social communities - Stick with Spark no matter what this year. Gear most time toward Internet and communities that will help me reach my goals. (i.e. no mindless wandering)
7. Friendships - More snail mail to far away friends, keep up with monthly girls' nights, make new friends at my church home.
8. Nature - Take nature walks more often.
9. Animals - Find a furry friend.
10. Tie between music and movies/television - No mindless watching. Only watch tv and movies that enrich me in some way. Things I really really like - don't waste time watching things just to kill time. More music! Find new artists.
Those are broad ways I want to change my life - here are a few specifics:
1. Read the Word daily.
2. BE HEALTHY! (this encompasses SO much!)
3. Be kind - help others - do good deeds
If I can do these three things in 2014, I will have a successful year!
Sunday, December 29, 2013
1. My relationship with God
2. My children
3. My family
6. Online social communities
10. Tie between music and movies/television
I could have listed eating in the top ten. It probably would have fit in somewhere between reading and writing, lol. Maybe I should have?
#1 includes church, volunteer work and Bible studies, etc. #6 would be SparkPeople, Facebook, Pinterest and blogs.
I've been thinking a whole lot about joy lately, seeing as I need more in my life. My guess is because I am doing far too much of the last on my list and far too little of the first on my list! I need to read, write, study and do the things that bring me the most joy. Do more things outdoors in nature with my kids. Limit the tv to shows that truly give me an experience and not just things I watch blindly to forget reality!
As for the overnight raspberry vanilla swirl refrigerator oats:
They were really yummy! Filling, nice consistency, good flavor. The bad news is, I was reminded that I don't like cold things for breakfast. And I don't like sweet things for breakfast either. So I won't be eating them regularly, at least not for breakfast! I will make them once in awhile for something different.
Next I want to try a baked oatmeal recipe. Yes, that is still something sweet for breakfast - but at least it's not cold too :) I'll share a recipe when I come across one I plan to try.
Saturday, December 28, 2013
This week is all about simplifying. I'm going to rotate two breakfasts:
Breakfast hash: Egg, turkey sausage, potato, onion, peppers, mushrooms with fruit
Vanilla Raspberry Swirl refrigerator oatmeal www.grocerybudget101.com/content.php
I will have three lunch staples which I will combine and rotate:
Soup, sandwich & salad
I'm going to make a pot of vegetable soup this weekend
I have 1/2 pita pockets and flat out bread for sandwiches and I will pick up some peppered turkey and lorraine swiss
Lettuce, cucumber, carrots and assorted veggies for salad fixin's
I plan to make three dinners - and have each for two nights (I'll forage the 7th night!)
chicken and veggie stir fry over brown rice
lentils and bulgur pilaf with green salad
lean beef burritos with guacamole, fruit salad
Snacks will be: hard boiled egg, Greek yogurt, crackers and hummus or laughing cow cheese, string cheese, fruit
I still have a lot of staples on hand so my grocery bill shouldn't be too bad this week!
lorraine swiss or pepper jack 2%
lean ground beef
Get An Email Alert Each Time BLONDEMUSE1970 Posts