Sunday, October 28, 2012
Total Burned 2,427
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Total Burned 2,378
Saturday, October 27, 2012
It's calling for rain for the next 4 days so I don't know how many kids we'll get on Wednesday night. Even when the weather is nice, we don't get many kids. Last year, we got 8 kids and that included my niece and nephew who live locally. So, because we don't get a lot of kids, I usually splurge and get good chocolate to hand out. So, despite the fact it's raining, I went to Dundas to Beanermunky ( www.beanermunky.com/ ) and bought these to hand out this year:
FYI - The Mr. Big chocolate bar is for my niece, Samantha who is 12. She said she would prefer that. My nephew, Nathaniel (same age as Samantha) isn't trick or treating this year as he's preparing to get his black belt but he has to abstain from junk food for 6 months as part of his training. However, he has asked for an O Henry chocolate bar when his training has been completed.
Friday, October 26, 2012
Total Burned 2,366
If anyone wants to use SP for their calorie differential report, you can find it by going to your Start Page, clicking My Trackers, Reports and the report is called Daily Calorie Differential.
Saturday, October 20, 2012
I'm supposed to blog this weekend on whether I'm on track to meet the goals that I set out at the beginning of this challenge so I'm going to go through them one by one and we'll see.
BLC20 Goals - September 3, 2012
1. Lose a minimum of 5 pounds but would really like to lose 10.
- I'm currently down 2.8 pounds from my start weight and if I lean towards my initial goal of 5 pounds, I'm more than half way there so that's good.
2. Fit into my size 18 wardrobe and give up my size 20 wardrobe for good.
- I tried on my size 18 jeans last week and still can't get them done up so haven't achieved this goal yet.
3. Do more strength-training and try to use heavier weights.
- When I started 6 weeks ago, I was using my 5 pound weights for most exercises and my 3 pounds for shoulder work. Since then, I've been mainly using my 8 pound weights most of the time and using the 5 pound weights for shoulder work so that's good. I'm also learning to appreciate strength training and find that I can burn a lot of calories doing it as well as with cardio. I am also loving the TnT and the 25/25/25.
4. Learn how to use my stability ball.
- I have been using my stability ball for doing crunches on. I still haven't mastered using it for lying down dumbbell exercises but I am trying so this is good.
5. Make use of my Nordic walking poles during the fall.
- I have hiked this fall but didn't take my poles when I went. But I still consider this goal met since I have hiked and I think that's more important than using the poles.
6. Try Frisbee golf.
- I have not tried this. The wet weather as well as sickness and pain have prevented this but the fall isn't over yet so it may still get done. And, if it doesn't, I'll try it next year instead.
7. Don't go out to meals to socialize as much.
- I haven't done much of this but when I did, I prepared by looking at the menu online and deciding what I wanted ahead of time and when I went to my sister's for Thanksgiving, I made do with fruit and veggies at lunch time and skipped dessert at dinner so I feel I made good choices.
Overall, I think that I'm definitely on the right track with this challenge but going forward, I'd like to add these goals (all food-related):
1. Eat more protein.
2. Eat more fibre.
3. Eat more organic foods.
4. Eat more natural foods.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BKWERM Posts