Friday, March 09, 2012
Romans 15:4 For whatoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
I love this scripture! I reminds me of how much God's Word has edified me and brought me much comfort. He speaks to me through His Word. He has helped me cope with my health problems and renewed my strength in troubled depressing times. As I spent more and more intimate time with my Lord in prayer and studying His Word; my loneliness began to melt away. Happiness and the joy of the Lord filled me up. Not only did I learn to deal with my situation, I also gain much patience. The Lord put me back on my path. Most of all He gave me great comfort. I feel showered with God's love everyday. If you are out there and you are troubled by you weight, health, family problems, loneliness, depression, or something else just simply turn it over to the Lord! Turn to His Word! Pray! Our hope is in Christ Jesus!
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Micah 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
Thought For The Week: Some days we feel blue and even hopeless. We donít even want to get out of bed to get started with our day. We are tempted to skimp on our meals or miss them altogether. Maybe we think we donít have time or it is the same old boring food. All of this is from the father of lies. He who puts forth darkness to the world. Donít listen to his whispers. Satan is the accuser. He rallies in our failures and sins. He wants to keep us in the dark moving on the wrong paths. Remember God is our flashlight. Ask the Lord to help us to see our mistakes and sins so we will stay on the right path to eating right and exercising. Depend on Him to flood our way with His Holy Light.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not; but the evil which I would not, that I do.
I find this passage to be a powerful message. We are at war with the flesh. It is our flesh that beckons us to do the things that we know we shouldn't do. It is the flesh that persuades us not to do the things we should do. Apostle Paul is telling us how he struggled with the flesh, as do we.
Romans 7: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
It is my flesh that I listened to in the past and became over-weight. It is my flesh I listened to broke down my healthy body. I have confessed this to the Lord and He has forgiven me. The slate is wiped clean. My God has established my steps. I can have victory over my flesh.
Psalm 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Thank you for my salvation! I love you! Thank you for your mercy and patience! Thank you for my forgiveness! Thank you for establishing my goings! You have helped me to get on the correct path with my health and my weight. I still struggle with my flesh everyday. You give me strength to do the things I should do (tracking my food, sticking to it, exercising when I don't want to, and feeling better for all these things. I am thankful for all You do for me. I praise you! Thank you for helping me to succeed in losing weight and inches. Thank you for helping me to keep my flesh in subjection. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen!
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
Isaiah 50:11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks; walk in the light of you fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.
Israel had God to lead them and teach them. God wanted them to obey and follow the path He had laid out for them. He had given them the promisedland. All they had to do was trust and obey. But they didn't! They refused to go into the promise, because they feared the giants. They also fell into idolarty. They want to indulge in the world instead of doing what was best for them. Not only did they wander 40 more years in the wilderness; later on they went into captivity into Babylon.
When I put the puzzle together with this verse all I could say is Wow! This verse is about what Israel did or should I say didn't do. They did things their own way. They chose the ways of the world and not the ways of God. Have you ever sat by a fire and watch the sparks fly up in the air? Hundreds of colorful shiny specks flickers into the night sky. This fire is symbolic of the ways of the world that draws us. The sparks are the different choices we make that are not in the will of God. We light our paths with many of the wrong things. This brings many sorrows. What are your sorrows? Is it weigh gain, bad health, poor relationships (especially with the LORD), financial troubles, or is it something else? For the lost person walking in their own fire and sparks will lead to the sorrow of eternal death and hell. God gave us the light (Jesus).
Lord thank you for my salvation! Help me each day to surround myself with the sparks of YOUR light and to light my path with YOUR fire, that I may not stumble along my journey in this life. Help me each day with my endeavor to live for you and to obey you. Help me as I lose weight and help me to treat my body with respect. Thank you for leading me to Sparkpeople. Thank you for all the resources offered there to help me lose weight. Help me fill my mind and heart with YOUR holy things and my mouth with healthy things. Help me exercise Your word and exercise my physical body. Help my eyes to see by the light of YOUR fire and be fasinated by the sparks of YOUR brightness. In JESUS name I pray, Amen!
Monday, March 05, 2012
SLEEP DIARY March 4, 2012
Spend a few minutes (before you go to sleep) briefly answering the following questions. Do this each night for the next seven days.
1. What time did you wake up today? 2. What time are you lying down to go to sleep? Midnight
3. What, if any, was your bedtime routine?
4. What were the last food(s) you consumed tonight? (Include type, amount, and time you ate.) Ĺ cup rice pilaf with 1 oz. chicken. 1 small piece of Dove Dark Chocolate. 10 p.m.
5. Did you exercise today? (Include the type, duration, and time of day if you exercised.) Strength Training 80 minutes 3 p.m.
6. Did you consume any alcoholic beverages today? (Include type, number, and time of day.) Never
7. Did you consume any caffeinated drinks or foods today? (Include type, number, and time of day.) None
8. Did you take any medications (prescription and/or over-the-counter) today? (Include type, amount, and time of day.) Heart meds 11 a.m. 11p.m., reflux meds 11 a.m. 11p.m., cholestrol meds 11p.m., sleeping meds 11p.m., Vitamins 11 a.m.
9. Did you take any naps today? (Include number of naps, duration of each, and time of day.) Yes
10. What types of stressors did you encounter today, and what types do you expect to encounter tomorrow? My little nieces were traveling with their mother in bad weather to and from N.C.
11. How hungry did you feel today? (1- Not hungry, 2- Normal hunger, 3- Strong hunger, 4- Extreme hunger)
12. How awake did you feel today? (1- Exhausted, 2- Somewhat tired, 3- Fairly alert, 4- Wide awake)
13. How irritable did you feel today? (1- Calm, 2- Slightly annoyed, 3- Moderately irritable, 4- Highly irritable)
Next, draw a line of Zzz's across the page beneath your answers to these questions. When you wake up, answer the following questions below your "sleep" line:
1. How long did it take you to fall asleep last night? (This may be an estimate.)
1.5 hours after laying down
2. How many times did you wake up during the night? (Include times you woke up and how long you stayed awake.)
About 4 times I stayed awake just a few minutes and fell back to sleep, except the last time. The last time I got up and got my husband off to work, listened to Thru The Bible and read the Bible, and I am now using the computer. I am still awake at 6:o5 a.m.
3. In total, how many hours did you sleep last night?
Get An Email Alert Each Time BJPENNY70 Posts