Thursday, July 05, 2012
I always take vacation on July 5th. Our neighborhood becomes a DMZ on July 4th and my dogs keep me up all night long. So we got up a bit late today. I planned a real "day off". We went to see Spiderman with the boy child - ! Then off to the mall. I ended up walking the entire mall while hubby and boy were looking around at FYE. Then I bought "The Spark" at the bookstore. Guess I know what my "down time" is going to be for a while!
I didn't like what my pedometer was reading when I got home tonight so I headed out with Tazzy. She really did well considering the heat. We did almost 4.5 miles. Our time was horrible, but even I was have some trouble. It was like a sauna out there tonight. So I got my steps, fell short on the miles but I don't have a bike right now. Hubby has promised to fix my tire tomorrow. I need my 30 min ride to make my mileage.
Sweet Dreams all!
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Ok, about half my stress oozed right out of my body yesterday. It didn't take any extra fat with it, so I need to get back to reality.
I know I've put up some major numbers for the first few days this month. I decided walking until I could barely move was better than eating myself sick. I didn't even order the pizza, phone was in hand but I put it down. That is a MAJOR accomplishment for me.
Went to IN Dunes today with hubby, and I wish he had stayed home. Not that I don't want company, I do. The problem is he doesn't handle heat well I spent the entire time worrying about him. He has this strange idea that I'm going to be upset if he doesn't go. He has also confessed that he is worried about me leaving him because I'm loosing weight and he isn't, and the fact that he is 16 yrs my senior doesn't help much. I'm not certain he understands that this is all for me.
So we come home and watched a movie to relax a bit, but I really didn't get to burn much energy off (at that pace, I could have walked forever). I decided to take the fuzzy personal trainer for a walk. She only made it about a mile before she was dragging. So we turned around and went home.
And my bike tire is flat. So I'm home for the night. I still have energy, I'm not even certain why.
My only problem is that I'm doing all cardio. I haven't touched my resistance bands all week. I was so good about ST and now it's been a week since I've done anything. I need to find motivation for ST. Cardio makes me feel stress free and energized. ST wears me out. I thought I would enjoy resistance bands because they are something different but I hate having to find room to use them.
I'm making my steps and mileage so far. Water hasn't been an issue either. So I guess I'm doing well. My self esteem has been really high lately so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. That's what this journey is all about for me. Getting about to being able to do things again and feeling good about it. So that means I'm on target!
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
The judge dismissed the case! I just stood there looking at him. "you can go Miss". I continued to just blink at him. "get out of here" - I moved. So I lost two days worth of sleep, bit off every nail I had, and worked myself up to the point of crazy - for everything to be dismissed.
My entire time in court was only 10 minutes. We were done and out.
Since we were downtown, we walked over to see the "Bean". I really wasn't all that impressed. Maybe I just don't get "abstract" art. I know it has a name, but to me it was a giant silver kidney bean. Sorry.
We had passes the Cultural Center on our way to the "Bean". They had a banner up for something called "Morbid Curiosities". Sounded like our speed so we checked it out. They had some beautiful pieces and displays. Wonderful "death art" (skulls/skeletons) including Tibetan skull bowls. My favorite piece was the Death of Venus - it was great.
They had a second gallery off the main one that had "war" art. I know they were trying to show the horrors of war by using child-like images in the uniforms and such. Problem is I'm a Dr. Who fan - so I looked at hubby and went "are you my mommy" and we both busted up. Not appropriate but if you understood the reference you and smiling right now. At that point we hustled out of there.
I did reward myself with food - good Polish food and a mixed drink but stayed within calories. I did come home and walk the dog, so even accomplished some cardio.
Now, the stress is off, the nervous energy is gone, and two days of no sleep has caught up. I will get caught up with everyone in the next few days. I promise! Thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers. I'm too tired to strut right now but with some sleep, I'll be right back at it.
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
Well, I am certainly up with the cardio this month. I've had two days over 200 minutes. My legs are a bit sore but I am stretching them out. I've just got so much on my mind right now, I need to stay active and not think.
I just have to hope everything goes well tomorrow. I don't want to go into details but I have court over the car accident tomorrow. It's driving me nuts. So I just keep walking. When the dogs can't walk any more, I jumped on the bike. I couldn't bike any further and I'm wandering around with my pedometer.
Nothing works better on stress than constant activity. I ate at the high end of my range tonight. PB&J is just too much of a comfort food. I know I should know better, but I'm staying within range. And with the activity I've put in the last few days, I can use the carbs.
Well, here's hoping I sleep tonight. I'm not working tomorrow, so I'm not going to lay in bed all night again. If I'm not out by midnight, I'll drag Tazzy out for a walk by the lake.
Wishing everyone warm wags!
Sunday, July 01, 2012
I read my Spark Friends blogs and everyone is always sharing their goal/challenges for the month. I've done it before but I'm not certain I've been completely "honest" about setting my goals. I tend to aim low. I've looked back at the last 4 months trackers (I keep a spreadsheet) and I have always achieved my goals with several days to spare. I realize that this is not what goal setting should be about. I know I do that because I have bad days and I don't want to feel like I've let anyone down my not achieving.
So, here's the deal. I'm going to set some goals this month that will really cause me to stretch. If I want the right to strut, I can't keep playing it safe. I am officially upping my goals out of the "safe/can do" range. So here goes:
July goals -
1) 360,000 steps . That comes out to 12,000 steps per day. I'm averaging about 11,000 right now including my big walks. I have had lots of days under 10,000 but I really can't allow that any more.
2) 270 miles . That comes out to 9 miles a day. I know that doesn't match my steps but I'm trying to add in some regular bike riding 3 to 4 night a week. The 9 miles is an average. I want 42 miles a week walking (6 miles a day) and 6 miles to 4 days a week on the bike.
3) 102 fitness minutes per day . I've been over 90 minutes a day for awhile. I need to PUSH the strength training. I do 90 in cardio - so I'm going to force myself to ST 3 days per week.
4) Daily stretching routine . I tend to blow off stretching until I have pain. Then I make hubby use acupressure to make me feel better. I'm actually LOSING flexibility. I need to be gaining in that too. Hubby knows more stretches than you can shake a stick at. I'm going to get him to spend a few minutes a day teaching me stretches.
5) 10 cups of water per day . I do all of my cardio outside and 8 glasses is not enough water in this heat. I've been going back to my coffee after hitting my 8 in water. I can't do that and stay properly hydrated now. I need to up the water.
6) Eat my calorie range . I have a new range (once I was honest with my tracker about what I do). I also have a tendency to pig out one day and then "make it up" the rest of the week. NO MORE! I'm not going to "borrow" calories any longer. I'm going to be on track every day. And (those of you who know me - sit down), I'm going to start cooking! Yes, Kitty will enter the kitchen and use more than "magic box". I have a stove, I know how to turn it on. I will use it.
7) Down time every night . I do very little for myself that is RELAXING. I'm even multi-tasking while watching my movies or using my stepper while talking with hubby. I don't every really let down and I'm certain that is my sleep issue. So 30 minutes before bed, no exercise, no computer, nothing but hubby or girls or bath or meditation. I'm going to relax if it kills me.
So there we go. I'm going to push myself this month. I'm a bit nervous that I won't make all of them. Nerves and excitement feel the same right? Same brain chemicals are responsible. That mean I'm just excited. New feathers for the peacock.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BIGPAWSUP Posts