Tuesday, July 03, 2012
The judge dismissed the case! I just stood there looking at him. "you can go Miss". I continued to just blink at him. "get out of here" - I moved. So I lost two days worth of sleep, bit off every nail I had, and worked myself up to the point of crazy - for everything to be dismissed.
My entire time in court was only 10 minutes. We were done and out.
Since we were downtown, we walked over to see the "Bean". I really wasn't all that impressed. Maybe I just don't get "abstract" art. I know it has a name, but to me it was a giant silver kidney bean. Sorry.
We had passes the Cultural Center on our way to the "Bean". They had a banner up for something called "Morbid Curiosities". Sounded like our speed so we checked it out. They had some beautiful pieces and displays. Wonderful "death art" (skulls/skeletons) including Tibetan skull bowls. My favorite piece was the Death of Venus - it was great.
They had a second gallery off the main one that had "war" art. I know they were trying to show the horrors of war by using child-like images in the uniforms and such. Problem is I'm a Dr. Who fan - so I looked at hubby and went "are you my mommy" and we both busted up. Not appropriate but if you understood the reference you and smiling right now. At that point we hustled out of there.
I did reward myself with food - good Polish food and a mixed drink but stayed within calories. I did come home and walk the dog, so even accomplished some cardio.
Now, the stress is off, the nervous energy is gone, and two days of no sleep has caught up. I will get caught up with everyone in the next few days. I promise! Thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers. I'm too tired to strut right now but with some sleep, I'll be right back at it.
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
Well, I am certainly up with the cardio this month. I've had two days over 200 minutes. My legs are a bit sore but I am stretching them out. I've just got so much on my mind right now, I need to stay active and not think.
I just have to hope everything goes well tomorrow. I don't want to go into details but I have court over the car accident tomorrow. It's driving me nuts. So I just keep walking. When the dogs can't walk any more, I jumped on the bike. I couldn't bike any further and I'm wandering around with my pedometer.
Nothing works better on stress than constant activity. I ate at the high end of my range tonight. PB&J is just too much of a comfort food. I know I should know better, but I'm staying within range. And with the activity I've put in the last few days, I can use the carbs.
Well, here's hoping I sleep tonight. I'm not working tomorrow, so I'm not going to lay in bed all night again. If I'm not out by midnight, I'll drag Tazzy out for a walk by the lake.
Wishing everyone warm wags!
Sunday, July 01, 2012
I read my Spark Friends blogs and everyone is always sharing their goal/challenges for the month. I've done it before but I'm not certain I've been completely "honest" about setting my goals. I tend to aim low. I've looked back at the last 4 months trackers (I keep a spreadsheet) and I have always achieved my goals with several days to spare. I realize that this is not what goal setting should be about. I know I do that because I have bad days and I don't want to feel like I've let anyone down my not achieving.
So, here's the deal. I'm going to set some goals this month that will really cause me to stretch. If I want the right to strut, I can't keep playing it safe. I am officially upping my goals out of the "safe/can do" range. So here goes:
July goals -
1) 360,000 steps . That comes out to 12,000 steps per day. I'm averaging about 11,000 right now including my big walks. I have had lots of days under 10,000 but I really can't allow that any more.
2) 270 miles . That comes out to 9 miles a day. I know that doesn't match my steps but I'm trying to add in some regular bike riding 3 to 4 night a week. The 9 miles is an average. I want 42 miles a week walking (6 miles a day) and 6 miles to 4 days a week on the bike.
3) 102 fitness minutes per day . I've been over 90 minutes a day for awhile. I need to PUSH the strength training. I do 90 in cardio - so I'm going to force myself to ST 3 days per week.
4) Daily stretching routine . I tend to blow off stretching until I have pain. Then I make hubby use acupressure to make me feel better. I'm actually LOSING flexibility. I need to be gaining in that too. Hubby knows more stretches than you can shake a stick at. I'm going to get him to spend a few minutes a day teaching me stretches.
5) 10 cups of water per day . I do all of my cardio outside and 8 glasses is not enough water in this heat. I've been going back to my coffee after hitting my 8 in water. I can't do that and stay properly hydrated now. I need to up the water.
6) Eat my calorie range . I have a new range (once I was honest with my tracker about what I do). I also have a tendency to pig out one day and then "make it up" the rest of the week. NO MORE! I'm not going to "borrow" calories any longer. I'm going to be on track every day. And (those of you who know me - sit down), I'm going to start cooking! Yes, Kitty will enter the kitchen and use more than "magic box". I have a stove, I know how to turn it on. I will use it.
7) Down time every night . I do very little for myself that is RELAXING. I'm even multi-tasking while watching my movies or using my stepper while talking with hubby. I don't every really let down and I'm certain that is my sleep issue. So 30 minutes before bed, no exercise, no computer, nothing but hubby or girls or bath or meditation. I'm going to relax if it kills me.
So there we go. I'm going to push myself this month. I'm a bit nervous that I won't make all of them. Nerves and excitement feel the same right? Same brain chemicals are responsible. That mean I'm just excited. New feathers for the peacock.
Saturday, June 30, 2012
I Will NOT Quit!
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Share and spread the Spark!
Today, I promise I will not quit.
I pledge that no matter, how many ups and downs I pass through, I will continue on my journey.
I pledge to make a NEW START today, and forgive myself for my past, and to stop being so critical of myself.
I pledge to take control of myself, to stop making excuses, and stop blaming other people or situations.
I pledge to treat myself as I would my best friend, because that is who I am.
I pledge to stay in the race and to be a WINNER!
signed: Leisa (Sunflowergal40)
Signed: Chris (chriskenandkids)
Signed: Linda (scoutmom715)
Signed: Nancy (tedybear2838)
(from Linda S. Jayne (Geminisue)
Signed: Vicki aka VICKI-B--56
Signed; Pixie (Pixie-Licious)
Signed: Gloria (GloriaB73)
Signed Sarah (Millie 5522)
Signed Shelby (theshelbster)
Signed Beckie (BIRKIE528)
Signed Debaune (Doobie893)
Signed by Wallahalla on Friday, June 29, 2012
Signed by Karen (MAMAWALMART) on June 29,2012
Signed by Sibille (musolf6) Friday June 29,2012
Signed Shirley (Lookingup2012) Friday, June 29, 2012 who needs to do this because she quit SP three times in 3 years.
Signed Susan (catladyx8) Friday June 29, 2012
Signed John (Johntj1) Saturday June 30, 2012
Signed Deb (jewelle217) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Signed Kathy (Kalantha) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Signed Lynn (BearGoddess) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Signed Kitty (BigPawsUp) Saturday, June 30, 2012
Will you blog and post the Never Quit Pledge, today/soon?
Let's spread it through Sparks, so all can have the choice to commit!
Thursday, June 28, 2012
I LOVED the weather today. I'm in love with sun and heat. We were around 100 today. Yes, this made me want to be outside. I knew it was too hot for Tazzy today, so I decided to walk by myself.
I wanted to take the bike trail by the lake, as I cannot take the fuzzy personal trainer there. Bicycles are her "natural prey item", so we avoid areas with lots of bikes. As it was, the trail was surprisingly empty tonight. I figured since I wasn't going to go as fast as when I have Tazzy with me, I needed to add something to the walk. I decided to use my arms like I had cross country ski poles. Even with nothing in you hand, that motion really works your back. I was really enjoying the heat (clouds were moving in). I could have kept going but I heard some thunder rolling in. It started to rain just as I was rounding the corner for home. I got soaked but it felt good. Unfortunately the rain didn't last long - we need it.
I ended up doing over 4.5 miles and I really could have kept going. I felt good and energized. I was feeding off the heat and just letting my body do it's thing. It was wonderful. If someone had told me I could 4.5 miles last summer I would have laughed in their face. Now I want to do it again.
I'm also back to eating tons of raw fruits and veggies. I've been a vegetarian for 17 years, but I've been living on pasta and cheese. Now my fridge is full of fresh fruit, several types of lettuce, tomatoes, and other veggies. I've found a 45 cal wheat bread I love, and sandwiches seem to take care of my carb cravings. It's wonderful.
I'm just feeling really good about myself. I'm proud or myself. I'm feeling "impish" again. I know that might not sound like much to people but I've always been kind of unique. I lost that quality as I ate myself in oblivion and rooted my a$$ to the couch. The better I eat and the more I move, the more that little spark comes back.
Maybe it's the sunshine talking, but I want to strut and have fun again. I'm getting healthy enough to do it again. I not ever going to give up on myself again. Nope, I'm getting healthy to stay.
And I want all my wonderful Spark friends to join me. You've helped me through May, and my accident. I know there will be times in the future I will need a place to lean and you my Spark friends will be there to hold me up. I love and appreciate that. I want to be there for you too. Most of all, I want you to join me in feeling WONDERFUL about who we are. Let's all strut our stuff!
Get An Email Alert Each Time BIGPAWSUP Posts