Friday, July 30, 2010
Well, its almost the end of the month and i have decided that it is time for some special " me time." As a mother of three, wife, and hospice nurse I give alot of my time to others. I remember my nursing instructor asking me why I wanted to be a nurse and my reply was " I want to help people ". Even at 21, it was always about someone else. Now, at 40 there is always someone needing something from me. LOL.
Today, I am taking time out for me. I am going to the salon to have my highlights touched up. I am celebrating today because ......
1. I have lost 19 pounds!
2. I have exercised at least 20 minutes a day every day this month.
3. I am making healthier choices.(my family is too!!!)
4. I have reorganized my kitchen to make it easier to pack lunches and fix meals.
5. I now measure and weigh my foods to control portions.
6. I am now easily drinking 8 glasses of water a day.
And most of all, I am celebrating because I am me. I am free to make choices , I am free to love, and I am free to Live life to the fullest!!!