Saturday, February 02, 2013
I will not use food as a substitute for working through stress or problems. My past is filled with that pattern and I won't have it anymore. Looking back I cannot believe how often I let that happen, and it didn't even have to be a major source of stress. I would let anything knock me off my square; and when it happened, I would be off to the races with junk food. Now I do several things to stop myself from Oreo's and drive through's.
1. I Write like a mad man in a Journal
2. I eliminate the thing that is stressing me (WOW, who would've thought that worked?)
3. I TRACK ALL MY FOOD! It's actually therapeutic for me, and it shows me how many calories are in EVERYTHING.
4. As much as I can, I PLAN what I am going to eat.
5. I try new recipes. My daughter loves to cook with me.
6. I keep my day (and life) SIMPLE AND FOCUSED. (that's hard to do as a single dad)
7. I use that stress to workout until I am too tired to be mad.
These are the things that are critical to my success. I really hope someone or lots of someones read this and try them; I promise it will really, really, yes I mean REALLY help them. Good luck to all, you are in the right place!