Thursday, January 07, 2010
Day 4 of boot camp is done. My abs hurt and I have no balance. Gotta work on that, one more thing. It is all part of the journey to a new me, a better me.
Monday, January 04, 2010
My Greatest Prize
It seems as each year ends,
I look back and think of my friends,
What I did right what I did wrong,
Who came into my life and who is gone.
But every year there are those who remain,
Looking only for friendship nothing else to gain.
They have stayed by me through good and bad,
Smiled when I am happy held me when I've been sad.
After so many years you begin to realize,
That a friend is life's greatest prize,
Not the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow,
That we seem to seek where ever we go.
So as I grow older and begin another New Year's Day,
I will thank God for those friends He sent my way.
And my New Years resolution will always be,
To thank Him again for every breath of life He's given me.
Then I will pray He will show me the way,
Give me wisdom and guide me through each day.
And most of all at the end of each year,
Keep by me those friends I will always hold so dear.
And as I make new friends I'll treasure the old,
For the first are silver the latter gold
Saturday, January 02, 2010
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28.. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change...
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Friday, January 01, 2010
Here is my "big picture" so far:
Cycle 2000 miles (37 per week average)
Walk 540 miles (10 per week)
Lose 20 pounds by June and maintain
Finish painting my house
Decorate the living/dining room
Master my new mid-arm and quilt frame
I also want to improve my body shape and fitness. I'll measure tomorrow so I can keep track of my progress.
Here it is in writing, the things I will accomplish in 2010. As the year progresses I'm sure I will add to my list.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
I am home from work, had a great day today. Not busy, not rushed, very pleasant for a change. What a great way to end the year. Dad is home from the hospital (had his appendix out yesterday morning) and doing well. Tomorrow I will work again, hope it is as great as today was.
As I reflect on my year, I must say I have been blessed. I have a job, a good job that is pleasant most of the time. I have a family that I love and loves me back. The grands are just that, grand. We have had few illness this year, and those were minor. I have a God that watches over me and keeps me on the right track. What more is there in life.
Get An Email Alert Each Time BEVPRESLEY Posts