Thursday, March 11, 2010
Ok, between Tues night and Wed we had about 7 inches of rain. Our lake flooded the yard, and the road, areas of town that rarely flood were flooded. Road bike was out. So knowing the mountain bike trail would be a bit muddy, DH and I decided to take to the forest service roads for our ride. We grabbed the fenders, packed the tandem and off we went. Most of the roads were passable, enough gravel to keep them from being too terribly muddy. But there are several cement bridges, pads actually, requiring you to ford creeks. We made it about 4 miles before reaching one we could not ford. There is a high water marker that is 8 ft high, it cannot bee seen, not even a ripple where it is. So we turned around and headed back to the truck.
You can barely see the road on the other side. The creek is usually about 8 ft wide, today it was about 100 yards across.
More rain coming tomorrow, can't wait to see how it looks after that.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Copy and paste into your own blog, change the answers to suit you. It's really hard to only use one word answers.
Where is your cell phone?
Your favorite thing?
Your dream last night?
What room are you in?
Where do you want to be in 6 years?
Where were you last night?
Something that you aren't?
Wish list item?
Last thing you did?
What are you wearing?
Something you're not wearing?
Your favorite store?
Your favorite color?
When is the last time you cried?
Where do you go over and over?
Favorite place to eat?
Favorite place I'd like to be right now?
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Got up at 5 to get ready for work. Just got out of the shower and the phone was ringing. It was work.
"What time are you coming in."
"Seven, we open at seven"
"So you'll be here at seven"
"Ok, I'll let the doctors know"
Now this is no surprise. I have worked there 7 years, and we have always opened at seven.
So I get to work (at seven), work till seven pm. Nice day, not too busy, get to have a short walk in the middle of the day. Get home about 7:45, phone rings at 7:50. DGS has swallowed a whistle come to the ER. OK, off I go. Call boss to let her know so she can take call. Turns out it was a small piece of a whistle. Doc says "this too shall pass" and sends us home. He has an appointment for Monday for a follow up with an ear infection, so will check on the progress of the whistle at the same time.
It is late, I am tired. Think I will log some food and exercise, the going to bed.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
1) I attended 9 different public schools in 4 states. My dad was in the Air Force and we moved, a lot. I did indeed attend 9 schools in 4 states.
2) I have worked with a professional photographer taking landscape and cityscape photos for a calendar company. While my dad was stationed in Germany I spent a summer working with a (color blind) photographer helping him with is photographs for calendars. I learned a lot about photography and considered it as a career for a while.
3) In the past 3 years, I have ridden my bicycle over 4,000 miles, in 6 states and 2 countries. While I have ridden my bike over 4,000 miles, and in 6 states, I have not ridden in 2 countries. I would love to say I have, but, alas, this is the lie.
Number 3 is the lie.
Monday, March 01, 2010
My turn to play the game.
1) I attended 9 different public schools in 4 states.
2) I have worked with a professional photographer taking landscape and cityscape photos for a calendar company.
3) In the past 3 years, I have ridden my bicycle over 4,000 miles, in 6 states and 2 countries.
Which is the lie?
Get An Email Alert Each Time BEVPRESLEY Posts